Woodson, Kentucky Shock No. 9 Louisville

Sep 15, 2007 | Posted by: The Associated Press | Full story: The Associated Press

Andre Woodson threw a 57-yard touchdown pass to Steve Johnson with 28 seconds left and Kentucky shocked No. 9 Louisville 40-34 Saturday night, the Wildcats' first victory over a top-10 team in three decades.

Kentucky was about to lose its fifth in a row to its intrastate rival and had been pushed back because of a personal foul penalty. Then Johnson zipped past the Cardinals' secondary and Woodson nailed him in stride.

Woodson completed 30 of 44 passes for 275 yards and four TDs as he beat Brian Brohm, a rival dating to high school, for the first time. Read more

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Sep 17, 2007
jrp4689

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2007

Well, as a Cards fan, I must say UK played a better game. UofL just looked flat in comparison. Had it not been for a few fluke plays, UK would have won handily. It was obvious, UK players were motivated...UofL players were not. I don't have much confidence in the new UofL coach and doubt he will have a long tenure in Louisville. Presently, he is living off Petrino's left-overs. Good thing UofL has such a sweet schedule, but I predict losses to West Virginia, Rutgers, and an "upset" or two for a season with four or five losses and maybe a chance to play an equally weak team in a low level bowl game. It is going to be a groaner of a season. Go Cards.
BirdOPrey

Georgetown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2007

jrp is being kind..Coach K '''s kinder , gentler approach to Louisville football has doomed our program. A quick hire...a friend of the AD's...Is Jurich looking out for UL or the retirement options of a friend at OUR expense???
With the talent that came back Cards should have been 9-0 before a true test emerged. Lets say a 5-7 season now. I feel sorry for Brian, Urrutia, Douglas...It will be hard to earn Pro-value when your team gets beat by ky. and Syracuse + et al.
BirdOPrey

Georgetown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2007

The only thing moving quick about coach is his lips...He is careful not to point out shortcomings of this team, but they are very apparent: No motivation, confusion,no leadership at the top. What has the coach told Cassidy to screw the defense up soooo badly. coach
Needs TO GO. Maybe we can get Ron Cooper back?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Anthony Allen Discussions

Search the Anthony Allen Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Louisville RB Stripling Suspended For Utah Game (Oct '07) Oct '07 gocards 7
Louisville presents array of problems for Orange (Sep '07) Sep '07 luther 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••