State of Florida shows great NFL firs...

State of Florida shows great NFL first-round potential for 2010

There are 34 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 30, 2009, titled State of Florida shows great NFL first-round potential for 2010. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

T he talent returning to in-state collegiate rosters next season could make the lackluster 2009 draft an aberration.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JoseOle

Columbus, OH

#1 May 1, 2009
That's great until Tebow is picked in the 4th round as a Fullback b/c he's a gimmick system QB.

/Kipered
Fish

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 May 1, 2009
JoseOle wrote:
That's great until Tebow is picked in the 4th round as a Fullback b/c he's a gimmick system QB.
/Kipered
Better than anything coming out of Ohio! Wheres Troy Smith these days? lol
Pago Pago Trojan

Toledo, OH

#3 May 1, 2009
Actually, the greatest college qb should go in the first round after he wins another Heisman and another #1. Actually, it doesn't really matter, he's won everything that he could win in college.
moegator

Massapequa, NY

#4 May 1, 2009
It is great to be a Florida Gator. Jose, didn't we whup you twice a few years ago in football AND basketball?
Maybe

Kissimmee, FL

#5 May 1, 2009
moegator wrote:
It is great to be a Florida Gator. Jose, didn't we whup you twice a few years ago in football AND basketball?
I think Jose Ole - is an Ole Miss fan.
UCFGrad

Lake Mary, FL

#6 May 1, 2009
UCF is the best and will put the rest of Florida and Tebo to shame!
Craig

Orlando, FL

#7 May 1, 2009
Tebow is good. But to be a QB in the NFL, you kinda have to throw more than 2 passes under center during your career.
Andrew

Orlando, FL

#8 May 2, 2009
UCFGrad wrote:
UCF is the best and will put the rest of Florida and Tebo to shame!
As much as I dislike the rednecks from hicksville and love UCF post like these are out there.

We are however getting quality players (every once in a while) who turn down Florida and choose us which is a good sign.

Cornelius Whitehead for example.
UCFGrad

Lake Mary, FL

#9 May 2, 2009
Andrew wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as I dislike the rednecks from hicksville and love UCF post like these are out there.
We are however getting quality players (every once in a while) who turn down Florida and choose us which is a good sign.
Cornelius Whitehead for example.
George O'Leary will bring us to victory! Once he gets some of that liquid courage into him, he's unstoppable!
Hunter

United States

#10 May 2, 2009
UCFGrad wrote:
UCF is the best and will put the rest of Florida and Tebo to shame!
It will never happen!
ucfrocks

Marianna, FL

#11 May 2, 2009
Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>It will never happen!
I do not agree sir. We have been closing the gap with UF for the last 10 years. UF is flat out scared to death of us and they have been trying to block us from joining the SEC. We have a better program and facilities. Kids in the state of Florida grow up dreaming about becoming Knights and playing for Coach O'Leary, not becoming Gayturds. UCF is on the way to becoming the best college team in Florida and everyone better get used to this fact...Go Knights!!!
Home SuperBowl 2010

Pompano Beach, FL

#12 May 3, 2009
Gruden and Tebow will take the last place NFL team and start to rebuild it from the ground up with the spread offense. The vanilla offense is getting a "new face" in the NFL.
CaneTHUG

AOL

#13 May 3, 2009
The question is can the gators keep them out of jail long enough to be drafted. Outside of God the rest of them up there need to spend more time in class.
Seminole Hall Grad

Richmond, VA

#14 May 3, 2009
Mel Kiper said last week that Tebow wouldn't make it as a QB in the NHL and that he would have a better shot as a fullback or tight end. After hearing that, how can you have a headline that he headlines a first round draft class?!? Jeez, Kiper said most experts expect him to go in the third round or later
bullgator

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#15 May 3, 2009
Seminole Hall Grad wrote:
Mel Kiper said last week that Tebow wouldn't make it as a QB in the NHL and that he would have a better shot as a fullback or tight end. After hearing that, how can you have a headline that he headlines a first round draft class?!? Jeez, Kiper said most experts expect him to go in the third round or later
Did you mean NFL????? Although he could probably play some hard hittin' hockey also!!!!
Dright

Saint Cloud, FL

#17 May 3, 2009
UCFGrad wrote:
UCF is the best and will put the rest of Florida and Tebo to shame!
The state of Florida's kid sister(UCF) speaks out of line once again. UCF is like your little kid sister trying to get some attention. " Hey look at me, I got my little dress over my head."
Dright

Saint Cloud, FL

#18 May 3, 2009
ucfrocks wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not agree sir. We have been closing the gap with UF for the last 10 years. UF is flat out scared to death of us and they have been trying to block us from joining the SEC. We have a better program and facilities. Kids in the state of Florida grow up dreaming about becoming Knights and playing for Coach O'Leary, not becoming Gayturds. UCF is on the way to becoming the best college team in Florida and everyone better get used to this fact...Go Knights!!!
I was warned about ucf fan. But I thought all the rumors was not true. They used the word DELUSIONAL. I said, No, you mean passionate. They told me to come here and find out myself. All I can say is, WOW!!! Did they build a chemical plant near the campus? Or do they teach brain washing 101? Or did the campus lab explode while doing experimental test on hallucinating drugs? I'm not a Gator fan. There colors remind me of the stuff I put in a toilet after a hangover (vomit). But ucf fan like to kick the ankles of a giant. I know theres some good fans from UCF see these type of comment from there counterpart and wish they would shut what we call the hell up. ucfrocks said... "We have a better program and facilities. Kids in the state of Florida grow up dreaming about becoming Knights and playing for Coach O'Leary, not becoming Gayturds. UCF is on the way to becoming the best college team in Florida and everyone better get used to this fact." WOW!!!!! "UF is flat out scared to death of us." DOUBLE WOW!!!!!
Fish

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 May 4, 2009
CaneTHUG wrote:
The question is can the gators keep them out of jail long enough to be drafted. Outside of God the rest of them up there need to spend more time in class.
Both your team and your opinions are irrelevant! One 6th rounder. How times have changed!
Pago Pago Trojan

Toledo, OH

#20 May 4, 2009
Craig wrote:
Tebow is good. But to be a QB in the NFL, you kinda have to throw more than 2 passes under center during your career.
It doesn't matter, who cares about the NFL! He's done his job at FL, 2 Heismans (should have been 3) and 2 or 3 Championships.He's the best college qb....
Rev Al

West Palm Beach, FL

#21 May 4, 2009
And so the Tebow lovefest continues with this reporter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allen Bailey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Miami players celebrate Al Golden's dism... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 3
News Bucs build defense with draft of Bowers; Miami ... (Apr '11) May '11 Dolphan 2
News Espn NFL Draft analyst Todd McShay talks QBs, R... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Atl Gator 3
News FSU, Miami need to start pulling their weight i... (Jul '10) Jul '10 BigDan 1
News A look at the state's top NFL draft prospects f... (May '09) May '09 Travis 2
Allen Bailey (Nov '08) Nov '08 Cheryl Banks 1
News UM keeps ACC hopes alive (Nov '08) Nov '08 Keepin it the real U 58
More from around the web