Iowa defensive linemen are into one-upmanship | The Columbus Di...

All season, Adrian Clayborn and Broderick Binns have staged a competition within Iowa games. Full Story
OSU73

Dalton, GA

#1 Nov 12, 2009
The battle of the line play is where this game will be won or lost. If the Buckeye OL lays down in this game we problably lose. If our OL plays like they did in Happy Valley then we win... maybe even win big. I know they are a bunch of walking wounded but they all need to step up and take the team to victory both this week and next week and then on to Pasadena and a big win at the Rose Bowl... that sounds better every time I hear myself say it. Go Buckeyes play like champions!
HutchBuck

Garden City, KS

#2 Nov 12, 2009
I agree that line play will determine the outcome, on both sides of the ball. Hopefully our D isn't assuming anything from Iowa starting two rookies at QB and RB, but are preparing as hard as they would have for RS. This season the Bucks have come into games they are favored to win in slow motion and it's taken some spark to get them motivated. Sure hope the Purdue loss has shaken that tendency out of them. Buckeyes 28, Iowa 10.
Bucknaked

Delaware, OH

#3 Nov 12, 2009
This has all the makings of a trap game for the Buckeyes. A letdown after a big win at PSU combined with Iowa's first loss is a scary thought. Did the Line play over its head last week? How banged up is Pryor? Is Boom available? Can the D sustain their intensity? We'll see.

Fire Bollman and hire a qualified QB coach!
Dannawally

Toledo, OH

#5 Nov 12, 2009
HutchBuck wrote:
This season the Bucks have come into games they are favored to win in slow motion and it's taken some spark to get them motivated. Sure hope the Purdue loss has shaken that tendency out of them. Buckeyes 28, Iowa 10.
Seems like this happens EVERY season, even when Woody was running the show. I think it is a function maturity (or lack thereof). They're just kids in grown men's bodies playing this game, and they're easily psyched...one way or the other.
JohnBuck

Ephrata, PA

#6 Nov 12, 2009
Agree this could be a trap game with our injured, Iowa's loss and looking ahead to Michigan. Hopefully, the D saves the game if that happens.
Bucknaked

Delaware, OH

#7 Nov 12, 2009
The D will have to save the game regardless. Last week the offense, in all honesty, accounted for 7 points.

Fire Bollman and hire a qualified QB coach!
herrmann

Moyock, NC

#8 Nov 12, 2009
WATCH OUT OHIO STATE IOWA MAY LOST LAST WEEKEND BUT BELIVE ME THERE COMMING AND THEY WILL BE READY
favrethrowsINTS

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Nov 12, 2009
You guys apparently are not aware of the lost of Iowa's starting QB. There is a reason OSU is favored by 17 points - Iowa has no way of scoring unless their defense picks off Pryor
BuckeyeGal

Columbus, OH

#10 Nov 12, 2009
favrethrowsINTS wrote:
You guys apparently are not aware of the lost of Iowa's starting QB. There is a reason OSU is favored by 17 points - Iowa has no way of scoring unless their defense picks off Pryor
Stanzi's injured? Why didn't someone tell us? This should have been on ESPN, in the Dispatch, on the radio.
FavrethrowINTS, you're obviously a pro fan.
DLP

Marietta, GA

#12 Nov 12, 2009
The Hawkeyes are coming, The Hawkeyes are coming. They will be motivated and ready to fight. We need to punch them in the gut and and kick them while they're down. Remember all those fourth quarter victories they have this year? They never think they are out of it. They will be psyched. Go BUCKS!!! for four quarters. That means 60 minutes.
Brut

Las Vegas, NV

#13 Nov 12, 2009
Bucks better watch out McNutt is going to start QB and run the wildcat
Bucknaked

Delaware, OH

#14 Nov 12, 2009
The point spread is established to even out the betting in Las Vegas. It does, in no way mean that Ohio State is 17 points better than Iowa. I sure hope the Ohio State Buckeyes aren't watching the point spread. It sure didn't help them against Purdue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adrian Clayborn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Opposite sideline | BuckeyeXtra (Nov '10) Nov '10 Bill Hunter 1
OSU football | 'Inside the Beat': 10 games into... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Bux bux bux 44
Iowa falls short of expectations | BuckeyeXtra (Nov '10) Nov '10 DLP 4
Football player punches out cabbie for honking (Feb '10) Feb '10 Just Me - 30
Iowa's defense smothers Georgia Tech | The Colu... (Jan '10) Jan '10 James 52
Iowa Defeats Georgia Tech In Orange Bowl (Jan '10) Jan '10 hawkmaster 25
Orange Bowl Prediction: It's Adapt Or Die For T... (Dec '09) Dec '09 HawkfromTx 1

Adrian Clayborn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE