College football notebook: NCAA decision costs Bowden 14 victor...

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

The NCAA has upheld its decision to vacate up to 14 victories from former football coach Bobby Bowden as part of Florida State's penalty in an academic cheating scandal.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Florida Buckeye

Bonita Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Bobby Bowden's teams still won those games. He is a class individual who would not, in my view, condone cheating in any way. I believe had he known (and some will say he should have known) these playing were doing what they have been accused of he would have suspended them himself.
Reese

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Why is the NCAA picking on FSU but their investigation of Southern Cal is still pending in football? There is somthing to uncover regarding the Bush and Knight investigations.... I like Bowden, I like the way his teams played in the 90's and felt for him on those series of wide right and wide left kicks against Miami.(Heart-breakers)
James

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Texas, SoCal, and Florida are above the NCAA for some reason.Fla St, Nebraska, Ohio St, Michigan, Iowa, Penn St, Alabama, Boise St, Oregon, and WVA are the teams to look foward to next season. Time for some new blood at the top.
Buckeye Alum 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

he cheated he was a tyrant and a cheat, good riddance , now fla state might beat fla if they get jimbo can make it happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••