College football notebook: NCAA decis...

College football notebook: NCAA decision costs Bowden 14 victor...

There are 4 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jan 6, 2010, titled College football notebook: NCAA decision costs Bowden 14 victor.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The NCAA has upheld its decision to vacate up to 14 victories from former football coach Bobby Bowden as part of Florida State's penalty in an academic cheating scandal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Florida Buckeye

Bonita Springs, FL

#1 Jan 6, 2010
Bobby Bowden's teams still won those games. He is a class individual who would not, in my view, condone cheating in any way. I believe had he known (and some will say he should have known) these playing were doing what they have been accused of he would have suspended them himself.
Reese

Atlanta, GA

#2 Jan 6, 2010
Why is the NCAA picking on FSU but their investigation of Southern Cal is still pending in football? There is somthing to uncover regarding the Bush and Knight investigations.... I like Bowden, I like the way his teams played in the 90's and felt for him on those series of wide right and wide left kicks against Miami.(Heart-breakers)
James

Huntington, WV

#4 Jan 6, 2010
Texas, SoCal, and Florida are above the NCAA for some reason.Fla St, Nebraska, Ohio St, Michigan, Iowa, Penn St, Alabama, Boise St, Oregon, and WVA are the teams to look foward to next season. Time for some new blood at the top.
Buckeye Alum 08

United States

#5 Jan 6, 2010
he cheated he was a tyrant and a cheat, good riddance , now fla state might beat fla if they get jimbo can make it happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adam James Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Famous sports broadcaster fired over anti-gay c... (Sep '13) Sep '13 jamba 1
News Craig James losing in the court of public opinion (Jan '12) Jan '12 ART DECO MAN 3
News ESPN football analyst Craig James runs for Senate (Dec '11) Dec '11 Chosen Traveler 3
News ESPN football analyst Craig James runs for Senate (Dec '11) Dec '11 OneRyder 1
News Mike Leach on Arizona job: 'It's an exciting po... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Mickey 1
News Sources: Leach meeting goes well (Dec '10) Dec '10 Charles Moser 1
News Former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach sues ESPN an... (Nov '10) Dec '10 Sad Alum 78 4
More from around the web