Tech coach who criticized James now o...

Tech coach who criticized James now offers support

There are 4 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Dec 31, 2009, titled Tech coach who criticized James now offers support. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

A Texas Tech assistant who criticized Adam James in hopes of saving Mike Leach's job said Thursday the son of the ESPN analyst has his support in the wake of the head coach's firing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

Hypocrisy lives

Rockville, MD

#1 Jan 1, 2010
Does anyone think if the complaining dad wasn't a sportscaster that such a winning coach would have been canned? Doubtful. It appears Tech is more concerned about what ESPN might have to say about them - right or wrong - than standing by the winningest coach they have seen in years. This reminds me of when Tech denied they were talking to Bobby Knight about hiring him, and then hired him the next day. Not to mention the hypocrisy of hiring a coach KNOWN to abuse his kids yet firing another for ALLEGEDLY doing it ONCE.
Trojan

Pico Rivera, CA

#2 Jan 1, 2010
Craig James, his son and Tech are a bunch of babies. It's going to be fun watching their football program go downhill.

I know Mike is regretting ever having given that kid a scholarship. No one else was even interested in him. What a way to thank him, by being a whiny little biotch who didn't want to work on the field.
Mr Clean

United States

#3 Jan 1, 2010
Trojan wrote:
Craig James, his son and Tech are a bunch of babies. It's going to be fun watching their football program go downhill.
I know Mike is regretting ever having given that kid a scholarship. No one else was even interested in him. What a way to thank him, by being a whiny little biotch who didn't want to work on the field.
The leaves don't fall far from the tree. Texas Tech helps lead the way along with the Lobos on trashy unethical college sports. A foul mouthed Bobby Knight, his mirrored son and a football coach whose legacy that will last for 100 years.
az_dlo

Mesa, AZ

#4 Jan 3, 2010
Mr Clean wrote:
<quoted text> The leaves don't fall far from the tree. Texas Tech helps lead the way along with the Lobos on trashy unethical college sports. A foul mouthed Bobby Knight, his mirrored son and a football coach whose legacy that will last for 100 years.
Good thing Oklahoma sucks too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adam James Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Famous sports broadcaster fired over anti-gay c... (Sep '13) Sep '13 jamba 1
News Craig James losing in the court of public opinion (Jan '12) Jan '12 ART DECO MAN 3
News ESPN football analyst Craig James runs for Senate (Dec '11) Dec '11 Chosen Traveler 3
News ESPN football analyst Craig James runs for Senate (Dec '11) Dec '11 OneRyder 1
News Mike Leach on Arizona job: 'It's an exciting po... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Mickey 1
News Sources: Leach meeting goes well (Dec '10) Dec '10 Charles Moser 1
News Former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach sues ESPN an... (Nov '10) Dec '10 Sad Alum 78 4
More from around the web