Boston College stuns UNC, 85-78

CHAPEL HILL Tyrese Rice and Boston College put an end to all that talk of whether No. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anybody But

United States

#1 Jan 4, 2009
Thank goodness I'm the first! I guess the unbeatable have just fallen, huh? I suppose Boston College must have had some Kryptonite in their gym shorts because SUPERWHINNER couldn't pull his "?team?" through, could he? Oh well, the world still revolves, just not around "Roy Boy" and Whinesbrough!
alekas

Mauldin, SC

#2 Jan 4, 2009
this loss doesn't matter. Carolina will still make the NCAA tournament as a #1 seed and the tourney is the only thing that counts in hoops anymore
Tell me about it

Hendersonville, NC

#3 Jan 4, 2009
Sports is a waste of time!!
Last Buffalo

United States

#4 Jan 4, 2009
alekas wrote:
this loss doesn't matter. Carolina will still make the NCAA tournament as a #1 seed and the tourney is the only thing that counts in hoops anymore
Yes the will!!! Whoop!
bghjhhjguokihuik hjkh

United States

#5 Jan 4, 2009
ha ha ha unc sucks go wake forest duke uconn and my fav texaaas
bghjhhjguokihuik hjkh

United States

#6 Jan 4, 2009
no alekas it matters who wins seeding doesent mean a thing
UNC Tar Heels

United States

#7 Jan 4, 2009
Anybody But wrote:
Thank goodness I'm the first! I guess the unbeatable have just fallen, huh? I suppose Boston College must have had some Kryptonite in their gym shorts because SUPERWHINNER couldn't pull his "?team?" through, could he? Oh well, the world still revolves, just not around "Roy Boy" and Whinesbrough!
The Heels will learn from this loss and come back strong. Boston College played a great game. My hat is off to them.
alekas

Mauldin, SC

#8 Jan 4, 2009
bghjhhjguokihuikhjkh wrote:
no alekas it matters who wins seeding doesent mean a thing
this has no impact on anything, just like Pitt's win this weekend over G'town was about meaningless as every other regular seasons basketball game. Next week, Carolina will still be #1, at worst #2. The NCAA has rendered the regular season meaningless, aside from a few rivalry games folks get excited about.
Da Game

Boiling Springs, SC

#9 Jan 4, 2009
alekas wrote:
Oh this loss will matter, because if they have anymore losses(and I hope they do). Conference losses hold alot more weight in the committees' eyes. Their first real test and UNC gets a big fat F. Even the one man army that is Hansbrough couldn't save them. Well, this is loss #1 and it's just the beginning of ACC season.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#10 Jan 4, 2009
Go Heels!!!!!
Metoo

Winsted, CT

#11 Jan 4, 2009
Tar Heels are still the team to beat in the ACC and in all of college basketball. The good news for the rest of the NCAA is: We all know they're human again.
Anybody But

United States

#12 Jan 4, 2009
You better look out down there in Swanannoa, the river might flood with all of the "Sky Blue" tears flowing! "Old Roy" might even come home and cry with the rest of his home folks. Let's hope Charleston makes it two in a row this Wednesday!
Da Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh this loss will matter, because if they have anymore losses(and I hope they do). Conference losses hold alot more weight in the committees' eyes. Their first real test and UNC gets a big fat F. Even the one man army that is Hansbrough couldn't save them. Well, this is loss #1 and it's just the beginning of ACC season.
Troublemaker

United States

#13 Jan 4, 2009
Tell me about it wrote:
Sports is a waste of time!!
Then why do you bother to post about it ?
Troublemaker

United States

#14 Jan 4, 2009
Looks like Hansblow is back on tit milk since his mom moved from MO to CH to take the high paying job, tax payer expense, at UNC School of Denistry.
Troublemaker

United States

#15 Jan 4, 2009
Metoo wrote:
Tar Heels are still the team to beat in the ACC and in all of college basketball. The good news for the rest of the NCAA is: We all know they're human again.
Right, they just got beat.
Everyone Has A Mom

United States

#16 Jan 5, 2009
Troublemaker wrote:
Looks like Hansblow is back on tit milk since his mom moved from MO to CH to take the high paying job, tax payer expense, at UNC School of Denistry.
Sounds like you're jealous. Bet you su.ck too.
Jim Greenwood

AOL

#17 Jan 5, 2009
Yep, they fell thru their ying-yang. That being said, GO HEELS!!
tell me me about it

Hendersonville, NC

#18 Jan 5, 2009
Troublemaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you bother to post about it ?
Well to be honest its easier than running the treadmill at the gym.
It Is Like This

United States

#19 Jan 5, 2009
Carolina is a GREAT team and for anyone to deny that is well ... crazy. But anyone with any sense knows that on any given night, any team can win and any team can lose. We are MAJOR Carolina fans at my house, Carolina lost, so what! I'm not going to sit up and make excuses for the loss - a loss is a loss, regardless! However, as far as I'm concerned, this game doesn't really matter, if they lose five more, it doesn't really matter - all that matters is what happens in March ... and for the haters, even if they were to lose five more (which I seriously doubt), they will still make the tournament.

And one last note ... Tyler isn't the only player on the floor when Carolina is playing, there are four others out there and they ALL are contributing. He isn't the team, he is a member of the team and unless I'm mistaken, they have already proven that they can win without him - imagine that!
laughorbust

Hendersonville, NC

#20 Jan 5, 2009
It Is Like This wrote:
Carolina is a GREAT team and for anyone to deny that is well ... crazy. But anyone with any sense knows that on any given night, any team can win and any team can lose. We are MAJOR Carolina fans at my house, Carolina lost, so what! I'm not going to sit up and make excuses for the loss - a loss is a loss, regardless! However, as far as I'm concerned, this game doesn't really matter, if they lose five more, it doesn't really matter - all that matters is what happens in March ... and for the haters, even if they were to lose five more (which I seriously doubt), they will still make the tournament.
And one last note ... Tyler isn't the only player on the floor when Carolina is playing, there are four others out there and they ALL are contributing. He isn't the team, he is a member of the team and unless I'm mistaken, they have already proven that they can win without him - imagine that!
Very well said. Go Heels! WooHoo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyrese Rice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Formula to success for Cavs: Effectiveness from... (Mar '09) Mar '09 justin 1
Florida State Seminoles squander big lead in lo... (Feb '09) Feb '09 A E Banks 1
FSU's goal vs. Boston College: Don't let Rice b... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Max 1
Business approach works for Hurricanes (Feb '09) Feb '09 Cane Forever 3
Boston College stuns Duke (Feb '09) Feb '09 dadoldfart 5
Virginia Hopes to Break Boston College's Winnin... (Feb '09) Feb '09 roger59 2
NCAA Power Rankings (Jan '09) Jan '09 Joe Pitt 1

Tyrese Rice People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE