Wins are the only remedy now for Goph...

Wins are the only remedy now for Gophers men's basketball team, which still can play its way into...

There are 9 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 1, 2011, titled Wins are the only remedy now for Gophers men's basketball team, which still can play its way into.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Tubby Smith said Saturday's loss to Michigan "probably did it in" for Minnesota's NCAA tournament chances, but he's now backing off that statement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Chuck

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Mar 1, 2011
What a joke. Goopher losers aren't going anywhere except down the big tubby toilet.
jumping

Mckinney, TX

#2 Mar 1, 2011
When pigs fly. I will personally crap my pants if GG made the tournament.
the real just another day

Hugo, MN

#3 Mar 1, 2011
Hmmm. Typical 'fans' here jumping off this bandwagon. Tubby (btw wtf is with that name?) has been busy throwing his playas under the bus. And, you losers can't figure out why MN does not attract quality athletes...

Just another day in loserville...
Scott in Orlando

Orlando, FL

#4 Mar 2, 2011
This is probably over optimistic. The Gophers would have to win both remaining regualr season games - quite possible. Then they would have to go to at least teh semi's of the conference tournament to be on the bubble. The lack of PG depth quickly made ruin of what potentially would have been an exciting season.
The Loon

Lindstrom, MN

#5 Mar 2, 2011
I have an idea. I am going to watch the game tonight so I can enjoy our guys trying to win the game. If we win the game I will be happy because we won the game, if we lose the game I will be sad because we lost the game. I will leave those of you who have a different agenda to do whatever you will do.

Go Gophers!!
donl

Eden Prairie, MN

#6 Mar 2, 2011
$2 million a year for this??Tubby needs to give back his salary. He has been robbing us for four years! What a bust!
Zeke

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Mar 2, 2011
If they win their last two regular season games, they should make the NIT. If they lose those two, plus the play-in game for the Big 10 playoff, they'll be done for the year.

Things didn't work out this year, so what!

Minnesota still needs to keep Tubby...he'll get them back on track.
DickTater

New Franken, WI

#9 Mar 2, 2011
Fire Tubby. He let this team fall apart. Sure, some of the fault is with the players....but if that is how we are going to judge then why have coaches at all?
Scott in Orlando

Orlando, FL

#10 Mar 3, 2011
Now our hopes turn to making it to the NIT semi's in Madison Square. Perhaps a consolation prize.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rodney Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota fires Tubby Smith; going after Shaka? (Mar '13) Mar '13 PB in St Paul 2
News Minnesota vs. Indiana: Start Time, Live Stream,... (Jan '13) Jan '13 mei 1
News Pregame Shootaround 1.9.2013: Minnesota-Illinoi... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Weatherman1496 1
News Gophers basketball program has been good, never... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Inquirer 30
News Minnesota Gophers on NIT bubble (Mar '11) Mar '11 toivo2feathers 12
News Penn State 66 / Gophers 63: Gophers end regular... (Mar '11) Mar '11 trolls 37
News Time running out for Gophers after 66-63 loss t... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Doowrehs 8
More from around the web