Walker, Adrien Lead UConn Over La Salle

ST. THOMAS, U.S. Virgin Islands - - Jim Calhoun is hardly ever at a loss for words and he did, as usual, have plenty to say after No. Full Story
I love Walker

Meriden, CT

#1 Nov 22, 2008
I know it is early but Walker is so fun to watch. Maybe can see a return to Uconn run basketball. Stanley Robinson is going love coming back to play with this guy. Austrie is steady. Price good. Walker potentially great. I know he is Freshmen but wow. The only Freshmen we have had who had that much confidence and game was Khalid.
huskies09

Warwick, NY

#2 Nov 22, 2008
i hope kemba stays at least 2 years with them, he could really be the next ben gordon or richard hamilton if he developes his game
UCONN in the Valley

AOL

#3 Nov 22, 2008
A nice win. Thabeet is still showing his clumsy moves under the hoop and inability to finish when he gets the ball in the post.
How about that zone defense in the 2nd half?
Walker is great as a point guard but LaSalle exploited him on defense in the man to man.
John

Windsor, CT

#4 Nov 22, 2008
huskies09 wrote:
i hope kemba stays at least 2 years with them, he could really be the next ben gordon or richard hamilton if he developes his game
he will stay at least 3 years because of his height. he is listed at 6'1" but he is really 5'10". that is the only thing that will keep him from leaving early. I think he will have to stay 4 years
huskies09

Warwick, NY

#5 Nov 22, 2008
John wrote:
<quoted text>
he will stay at least 3 years because of his height. he is listed at 6'1" but he is really 5'10". that is the only thing that will keep him from leaving early. I think he will have to stay 4 years
i dont know man 23 ppg as a freshman so far granted not the best competition but this kid could easily get Rookie of the year, if he only gets better he could be gone after next year or junior
jim boeheim

Boca Raton, FL

#6 Nov 22, 2008
Nice win but why are the Virgin Islands still virgin?
Rick

Glastonbury, CT

#7 Nov 22, 2008
Number 2 in the country is a big time stretch.
UC Fan

Manchester, CT

#8 Nov 22, 2008
Thabeet can start playing like a top draft pick any day now.
mclacasse

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Nov 22, 2008
I thought they played with poise something that was amiss last year I think this group has been playing together long enough to feel comfortable with the sets they run and they will improve offensively....but big east games are won with defense and there is still way to many lapses on that end of the court.....go huskies...big east rules
MGZ

Newtown Square, PA

#10 Nov 22, 2008
<<Number 2 in the country is a big time stretch.>>

only game 3 and here comes the negativity..
someone

Fairfield, CA

#11 Nov 22, 2008
Somebody has to find their shot and start knocking down some 3's. I hope Majok and Robinson are in good form. If these 2 areas mesh, than they will be in great shape. Yeah, Thabeet just really isn't that coordinated, but I agree with the posts about Walker, he is amazing. The canes are pretty tough, we should have enough though.
huskies09

Warwick, NY

#12 Nov 22, 2008
uconn always plays up to their competition, just remember last year, games against WV and San Diego they played frankly like they were WV and San Diego, games against Louisville and Notre Dame, although splitting games, they looked a lot better and tougher
Marc Vincent Russo

Burlington, VT

#13 Nov 22, 2008
Is it really necessary that we the taxpayers pay for UCONN to go the Virgin Islands? Give me a break!
Marc Vincent Russo

Burlington, VT

#14 Nov 22, 2008
Hopefully he doesn't get arrested or flunks out of school! Two years maybe asking for a lot!
huskies09 wrote:
Lousy Networks

Newington, CT

#15 Nov 22, 2008
The Uconn-Miami game is going to be on Fox College Sports. That's worse than ESPNU. Why don't they just strap a screen to a unicorn and we'll watch the game on that?
Sally Dogs

Glastonbury, CT

#16 Nov 23, 2008
Marc Vincent Russo wrote:
Is it really necessary that we the taxpayers pay for UCONN to go the Virgin Islands? Give me a break!
Why are you complaining? You need a job to pay taxes.
UC Fan

Manchester, CT

#17 Nov 23, 2008
Taxpayer money does not pay for this trip. Go back to whining about Eddie Perez.
Marc Vincent Russo

Burlington, VT

#18 Nov 23, 2008
So is the trip free? YOU pay for all of the athletes (who are on scholarship) to go on these trips. Get a glove and get on the field!
UC Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxpayer money does not pay for this trip. Go back to whining about Eddie Perez.
UC Fan

Manchester, CT

#19 Jan 19, 2009
So is the trip free? YOU pay for all of the athletes (who are on scholarship) to go on these trips. Get a glove and get on the field!
<quoted text>
I do pay for these trips. Through the tickets I buy and the money I donate. I think these trips make the team better. My tax money goes to something else. Do you even pay taxes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rodney Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Connecticut 89, LaSalle 91 (Nov '08) Nov '08 Cal Shepard 2
UConn Defeats La Salle (Nov '08) Nov '08 Marjorie 7

Rodney Green People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE