Indiana beats Georgia Tech 83-79, extending home win streak to ...

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

Eric Gordon and D.J. White combined to score 47 points for Indiana tonight. But it was guys like Jamarcus Ellis, Lance Stemler and even Mike White that may have had an ever bigger impact in IU's 83-79 victory ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 36 Comments Last updated Nov 28, 2007
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
giddyinillinilan d

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

If Sampscum can suspend Crawford for violating team rules, why doesn't he suspend himself PERMANENTLY for violation of NCAA rules?? Twice!!
IU Grad 90

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

It wasn't pretty. I thought EJ forced it a little bit in his first game on national TV. He needs to let the game come to him. Anyone know the inside scoop on Crawford?

Big 10 Net sux. Yes, I know the game was on ESPN. I'm just sayin'...
Bruce Whiner

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

giddyinilliniland wrote:
If Sampscum can suspend Crawford for violating team rules, why doesn't he suspend himself PERMANENTLY for violation of NCAA rules?? Twice!!
Sad, sad fellow. Your mom said to get off of her computer.
watched game

Covington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

How about that cheer you could hear the cheerleaders doing on national tv. Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers, that's so easy even a caveman could do it
WOW

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

giddyinillinilian d, are you joking?? what an idiot!!
macker22

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

So it says in Terry Hutchens story it is a 3 game susp.for Crawford. Must have cut class or punched Adam Alfield in practice for being so hyper. We could use him against So Illinois and their guards.... Big 10 is getting stompped.....cant still bring myself to root for Purdont.
Hoosier Fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

But you remembered that cheer!
ExcuseMe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

Defense. Ever heard of it? It wins games. Offense comes and goes, but defense should be a constant.

Tell that to pockface.
ExcuseMe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

Bruce Whiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad, sad fellow. Your mom said to get off of her computer.
Are you a two year-old girl?
Pete R Gibbons

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

giddyinilliniland wrote:
Are you copy and pasting stuff you just wrote in the other IU thread? Wow. You are obsessed.

Too bad YOUR Cryin' Illini have one of the dirtiest histories of all Big 10 universities.

You guys still buying SUVs for your new basketball recruits?
How about that slush fund in football?
Illinois re-defined the word "violation", but please..keep whining about Sampson's 10 phone calls.

Hypocrite.
Reality

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

The team needs to get more familiar with one another. There were at least 5 or 6 turnovers from Gordon and Basset driving in the lane and making kick-out passes.....the other players weren't expecting a pass. In time they will all get used to each other and I think they will be a great team.

People forget that Armon Basset is our PG and he's young still. It's his first year as the starter now that Calloway is gone. Gordon is a freshman. Ellis, Crawford, Thomas are all new to the team.

It's just going to take some time, and some work on defense. But this team could be scary good come Big Ten season.
Brad

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

ExcuseMe wrote:
Defense. Ever heard of it? It wins games. Offense comes and goes, but defense should be a constant.
Tell that to pockface.
Sampson preaches defense you stupid moron. Check out our defense a month from now and tell me what you think.
Don't forget that we have a whole new team this year. It's going to take Coach some time to whip them into shape.
Brad

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

ExcuseMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a two year-old girl?
Wow....suh-weeet put-down. Seriously. That was great.
You write your own stuff?
Brad

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

watched game wrote:
How about that cheer you could hear the cheerleaders doing on national tv. Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers, that's so easy even a caveman could do it
Allllrighty then. Thanks for the input.
Sorry, but some of you IU haters are flat out DORKS. Some of the stuff you goons try to pass of as humor is pathetic.
JackM

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

Cheers:
- I agree! This is a young team that is eventually going to win a lot of games as they grow up.
-Finally, IU has a driver!(To the basket, that is)
-Stemler is starting to get his confidence back.

Jeers:
- I really dislike to see all the standing around.
-Whatever happened to the Hurryn' Hoosiers style of play? A full court press is really a set-up for quick fast baskets on the break
(Early on this reminded me of the team of 3-4 years ago that NEVER pushed the ball down the floor.)
I would bet a lot of money that playing against the full-court press will be a subject of the next couple of practice sessions.
-Fundamentals !!!!
-Keep working on the development of Eli H. Someone is needed in the middle. Did you notice how many layups GT had and how easy it was to run around the so-called post players?
And in the future:
-EJ driving to the basket is great to see as he takes charge but beware standing around expecting him to bail out the team. It'll rise to bite you where it hurts against a smart team that figures out just how to stop him.
Finally:
-A raggedy win - but a win nonetheless.
uncleslug

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

Don't get to see much of the Hoosiers here in CA but caught the second half of the GT game tonite. Still a work in progress I hope. Playing defense beside or behind the guy with the ball is a novel approach but not very effective. Ever think of killing some clock near the end instead of putting up a 3? Lucky GT couldn't hit the two footers tonite. I wish the ESPN guys would just call the game instead of letting us know who's going to be playing in the NBA next year. Sounds like they already have Gordon's bags packed.
Red Rage

South Bend, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

Hey Ms. Watched Game, I actually went to the game. You know what? That cheer is part of IU's tradition and something you learn to appreciate.

Some good, some bad tonight. Southern Illinois will be a tough game for this group of guys. Still learning to play together, Gordon still adjusting to the college game. Potential big for this team, but that's all it is right now - potential.

Hey DJ - pay attention big boy! Gordon is throwing it your way!
watched game wrote:

“Play more golf!!!”

Since: Nov 07

West Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

It was good to see IU win one for the B10. Looks like the ACC is off to another stomping in the Challenge. Purdue played well for its first road game and had a good chance to win against a good team in their house. Our youth showed at the end of the game but we're going to be very good before these guys graduate. Let's hope OSU and MSU can pull out wins tomorrow eve.
cool 1

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

You better enjoy Gordon while you can, he will most likely be in the NBA next year.
Anderson Guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

Just a couple of personal observations about the ESPN broadcast: Not that I really care since I went to Ball State and not IU but the second announcer on the broadcast sure seemed to have ACC leanings; I kept hearing about how much a GT victory would mean to them, etc. The lead guy was okay, maybe it's just me, I don't know.
The second thing was near the end of the game when the GT players huddled in the free throw lane after a call they disagreed with. One of their players was dropping the f-bomb all over the place. In years past that wouldn't have been such a big deal but with the new technology of Hi-Def TV's with Dolby sound it came through quite clearly in my house. It happens in the heat of battle, I know, but maybe a bit of a reminder to the players about language might be in order. After all, it not just adults that watch the games. Of course, I get tired of all this trash-talking show-off stuff so then again, maybe it's just me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mike White Discussions

Search the Mike White Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Sampson Joins Bucks (May '08) May '08 GoBigTen11 1
Skiles to Indiana? Just a rumor so far (Mar '08) Mar '08 Eric Stokes 3
Ahlfeld is a senior night hit (Mar '08) Mar '08 Cheeseburger 46
IU's title dreams dealt big blow (Mar '08) Mar '08 IOU 1
UConn dominates in the paint (Jan '08) Jan '08 The Hoopster 2
Mike White sparks IU off the bench (Nov '07) Dec '07 john doe 7
Depth in frontcourt a Hoosiers strength (Nov '07) Nov '07 Mr Wayne 1
•••
•••