UCLA victories have never been sweeter

UCLA victories have never been sweeter

There are 3 comments on the LA Daily News story from Dec 23, 2009, titled UCLA victories have never been sweeter. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

The sweet taste of victory is even sweeter when it follows bitter defeat. So often in the recent past, the UCLA men's basketball team has had only dessert.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Butch

Marrero, LA

#1 Dec 24, 2009
Too Jerime is only averaging 5.8 points and 3.8 assists! I still fault Ben Howland for this season. He should have had the team tour over seas, to bond and learn each other. This is really sad that Ucla is paying this kind of money for a season like this. These guys are All-Americans, and they are good. They need a coach who will challenge them. Ucla has been young every season, this season is no different, why so many losses early on? C O A C H I N G.
Steve

Downey, CA

#2 Dec 24, 2009
I guess the three final fours and five stright trips to the dance mean nothing. The greatest number of players from any school in the NBA means nothing. The loss of the likely point guard to the pros means nothing.

Butch, you sound like a Steve Lavin kind of fan. There are plenty of empty seats for you over at Galen Center if you are unable to cut Coach Howland a little slack with his young team. Go Bruins.
Dave from Panama City

United States

#3 Dec 24, 2009
Howland fell into the "One and Done" trap with Kevin "May I have my check now " Love. He wasn't able to reload quickly. I also think that some players are shying away becuase of his defense firscoaching. He has had a good record so far, but in sports it's waht have you done for me lately. And why don't you Google Lavins record, very impressive. Great coach too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Roll Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Real or Perceived: Alford's Recruiting Issues (Sep '13) Sep '13 Brew In 4
News Back to Point Guard U? Notes On UCLA Point Guards (Jul '10) Jul '10 Brew In 1
News UCLA forward Nelson to play in conference tourn... (Mar '10) Apr '10 Rob 40
News Just big-time: March Madness retakes its spot o... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Brew In 1
News PAINTER: It's different finishes for UCLA senio... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Brew In 9
News UCLA gets a Bear hug on its way out of Pac-10 T... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Adrian G 17
News UCLA applies full Nelson, Arizona submits (Mar '10) Mar '10 Robs_AngryGhost 1
More from around the web