UCLA forward Nelson to play in confer...

UCLA forward Nelson to play in conference tournament

There are 40 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Mar 9, 2010, titled UCLA forward Nelson to play in conference tournament. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

UCLA freshman forward Reeves Nelson said during Tuesday's press conference that he would play in the Pacific-10 Conference Tournament, after sitting out the regular season-ending road trip to Arizona and Arizona State because of apprehension about further injuring his left eye.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Robs_AngryGhost

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#1 Mar 10, 2010
Reeves Nelson is a stud - no hommmo!
Fight On

Costa Mesa, CA

#2 Mar 10, 2010
Robs_AngryGhost wrote:
Reeves Nelson is a stud - no hommmo!
Yeah right....

Robs_AngryGhost

Location hidden

#3 Mar 10, 2010
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right....
LMAO, as soon as I say hommo,pooof!! There you are!! How are you buddy?
Fight On

Costa Mesa, CA

#4 Mar 10, 2010
Robs_AngryGhost wrote:
<quoted text> LMAO, as soon as I say hommo,pooof!! There you are!! How are you buddy?
I was retired..But you set yourself up...I couldn't resist...

Robs_AngryGhost

Location hidden

#5 Mar 11, 2010
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
I was retired..But you set yourself up...I couldn't resist...
uh ha...sure.

Robs_AngryGhost

Location hidden

#6 Mar 11, 2010
I told you Reeves Nelson was a stud, the dude i$ money.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#7 Mar 11, 2010
Hey, how is USC doing in the tournament? OH, WAIT, nevermind!
UCLA GRAD 74

Inglewood, CA

#8 Mar 11, 2010
Please tell me UCLA didn't waste a scholarship on this joke of a player! This guy should be playing 3 on 3 games at a frat house NOT playing forward for the bruins.

When are we gonna get some real players again, these drop off years are getting very old!
Fight On

Costa Mesa, CA

#9 Mar 11, 2010
UCLA GRAD 74 wrote:
Please tell me UCLA didn't waste a scholarship on this joke of a player! This guy should be playing 3 on 3 games at a frat house NOT playing forward for the bruins.
When are we gonna get some real players again, these drop off years are getting very old!
Bring back Papa Sam's check book that's the way it worked in the past..He paid the players, Wooden pretended to look the other way, and another championship was purchased...
UCLA GRAD 74

Inglewood, CA

#10 Mar 11, 2010
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
Bring back Papa Sam's check book that's the way it worked in the past..He paid the players, Wooden pretended to look the other way, and another championship was purchased...
Since you mentioned payoffs, how is the reggie bush, and rj mayo/tim floyd investigations going over there at SC? Seems to me you guys purchased those football championships seeing how the program will be placed on probation just like the basketball team is. And you had the nerve to mention payoffs lol.
Fight On

Costa Mesa, CA

#11 Mar 11, 2010
UCLA GRAD 74 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you mentioned payoffs, how is the reggie bush, and rj mayo/tim floyd investigations going over there at SC? Seems to me you guys purchased those football championships seeing how the program will be placed on probation just like the basketball team is. And you had the nerve to mention payoffs lol.
You're the bozo creaming over the good old days of massive payoffs and mafia rule...You know those titles were purchased, and still you're in denial! Wooden is a crook! Face it admit it release your guilt..Say it: JOHN WOODEN IS A CROOK!
Nathan

United States

#12 Mar 11, 2010
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a bozo for creaming over the good old days of massive payoffs and mafia rule...I know those titles USC won were purchased in the John McKay days and most recently in the Carroll days, and still I'm in denial! McKay and Carroll were crooks! soon I will face it and admit and will release my guilt...okay, let me Say it: McKAY and CARROLL WERE CROOKS!!
Calm Down babe, don't get too excited! now we must let go of the past, let McKay rest in peace and give the "bird" to Pete the cheat for ruining our football program and bringing shame to all our USC fans.

Let us celebrate the one of the existence of one of the greatest human beings God has ever put on this earth, as no athletic persona has ever contributed to our society as the Great John Wooden has.

There honey, you feel better now?...you don't? okay I'm on my way to your house with a dozen of oversize cucumbers just for you honey, I can't wait to see you...Gawd I love being your gay lover. xoxo
Nathan

United States

#13 Mar 11, 2010
Ughh! I hate when I don't proof read!

*Let us celebrate the existence...*
Robs_AngryGhost

Costa Mesa, CA

#14 Mar 11, 2010
Nathan wrote:
Ughh! I hate when I don't proof read!
*Let us celebrate the existence...*
Biotch!!!what are you doing talking to another man! You know what that means? Back on the wheel of fortune with you and you will spin for a few hours til you learn not to betray me again! No summer squash for you tonight, just plain ol pickles...
Fight On

United States

#15 Mar 11, 2010
Nathan wrote:
<quoted text>
Biotch!!!what are you doing talking to another man! You know what that means? Back on the wheel of fortune with you and you will spin for a few hours til you learn not to betray me again! No summer squash for you tonight, just plain ol pickles...
I know, please forgive okay? I promise to be faithful to you, afterall no one knows how to pleasure their partner the way you and I do to each other. Nathan I've tried many "men" (being the whhore that I am) at many gay clubs but you and and I are quite the item ;) Fight On <3's Nathan 4 ever!

Robs_AngryGhost

Location hidden

#16 Mar 12, 2010
UCLA GRAD 74 wrote:
Who are you referring to?
UCLA GRAD 74

Costa Mesa, CA

#17 Mar 12, 2010
Robs_AngryGhost wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you referring to?
Reeves Nelson! This guy could not carry Keith Wilkes jockstrap!

Robs_AngryGhost

Location hidden

#18 Mar 12, 2010
UCLA GRAD 74 wrote:
<quoted text>
Reeves Nelson! This guy could not carry Keith Wilkes jockstrap!
Certainly he's no Keith wilkes as a shooter, but Wilkes was no rebounder or defender. Nelson is a three dimensional player, he can play defense, rebound and find a way to score in the paing and attacks the basket like Kevn Love did...I haven't seen a player of his likes at UCLA in a long time...he reminds me of Blake Griffith now with the Clippers.
UCLA GRAD 74

Costa Mesa, CA

#19 Mar 12, 2010
Robs_AngryGhost wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly he's no Keith wilkes as a shooter, but Wilkes was no rebounder or defender. Nelson is a three dimensional player, he can play defense, rebound and find a way to score in the paing and attacks the basket like Kevn Love did...I haven't seen a player of his likes at UCLA in a long time...he reminds me of Blake Griffith now with the Clippers.
Wilkes was an All American who went on to win multiple titles in the NBA and was in several All-Star games, and was a defensive standout and excellent rebounder ! You know nothing about hoops! Whe Earvin Johnson scored 42 points in Kareem's absence in game 6 on the NBA finals in Philadelphia, Wilkes scored 37 and had a typical all around game that was just as important as what Johnson did....If after 12 years Nelson turns out to be better than Wilkes then say he is better, even jack Haley is better than this hack!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#20 Mar 12, 2010
The problem I see here is that you're talking about someone (Wilkes) who has gone through 4 yrs of college and then into the NBA. Nelson is a Freshman and has a lot of playing time to go. It's my guess that Nelson won't be a Keith Wilkes, but not many are...I say give the kid a chance. He proved he's worthy of that Thursday night...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Roll Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Real or Perceived: Alford's Recruiting Issues (Sep '13) Sep '13 Brew In 4
News Back to Point Guard U? Notes On UCLA Point Guards (Jul '10) Jul '10 Brew In 1
News Just big-time: March Madness retakes its spot o... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Brew In 1
News PAINTER: It's different finishes for UCLA senio... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Brew In 9
News UCLA gets a Bear hug on its way out of Pac-10 T... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Adrian G 17
News UCLA applies full Nelson, Arizona submits (Mar '10) Mar '10 Robs_AngryGhost 1
News Bruins pour out frustrations after loss to Ariz... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Butch 1
More from around the web