UCLA falls to Cal State Fullerton

UCLA falls to Cal State Fullerton

There are 28 comments on the LA Daily News story from Nov 17, 2009, titled UCLA falls to Cal State Fullerton. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

The prevailing thought in basketball is simple: Live by the three, die by the three.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Pasadena, CA

#24 Nov 17, 2009
Jerime Anderson looked terrible. we can only hope he was nervous and that he is indeed more talented than guys I watch at my local park who tend to hit the rim more than he does. Wasn't the 2007 recruiting class suppose to be #1. They look like #2.

Palmdale, CA

#25 Nov 17, 2009
I agree, the recruiting in 2008 and 2009 is why we're not a very good team. Even though Holiday was talented, he didn't play as good as Toby Bailey and JR Henderson did as a FR that won in all..if he and Gordon did, we could have 4 strait Final 4s. Anderson is not a start player, Gordon too, and Lee, we will see. Morgan and Stover are on the team because we didn't get the players they wanted..that's why it's going to be a long year. Hollis Thompson/Honeycutt are close the same, but Michael Snaer/Travis and David Wear/Abdul Gaddy/Avery Bradley are the ones so much better than our players and it shows. If Nelson played 32 mins like Keefe did, he had 2pts and 9 rbs...Nelson would have had 29pts and 16 rbs and 2.7 blocks...like he played in 4yrs in HS. Keefe, Roll, and Dragovic are not Pac 10 starters, and Moser/Lane/Moser aren't too..you have to have a Kevin Love/Charles O'Bannon/Trevor Ariza/Farmar-Affalo kind each year. Maybe the coaches that left were better recruiters, time will tell.
Jay Rizzle wrote:
This is definitely a rebuilding year, but give me a break. At home against who? CSUF? I'm embarrassed, and as an alumnus I realize that not every year is going to be a FInal Four year. But there is a difference between rebuilding and not coming to play. And why did Howland take Nelson out so early in the second half? He looked like the only guy who had a spark. Jerime Anderson is horrible, by the way, shot selection much? Malcolm Lee looks like he needs a couple games but shows some promise. Drew Gordon (not Gooden like the stupid ESPN guy kept calling him all night) is decent in the post, but is more of an up tempo Marion type player. Can't create his own shot, but he can recover and put it back.
Adrian G

Redmond, WA

#26 Nov 17, 2009
Once again we have no inside presence, except this year it only got worse. Coach BH is a great defensive coach, but I hope he can balance it out a little better because our offense needs work BIG time. I would be great if these guys can prove everybody wrong and improve as the season goes along. We all need to keep in mind that they haven't practiced a lot with each other do to injury. Keep hope alive.
but no NCAA investigation

Vancouver, Canada

#28 Nov 18, 2009
Doesn't look like anyone will turn pro early this year
until the Bruins develop an offensive threat to go with the solid defense, we'll have to settle for Pac-10 titles

United States

#31 Nov 19, 2009
Coach Ben Howland, needs his *EGO* checked! It's not the players, it's the coaching staff. I have questioned Howland's coaching for years. Anytime you have that many quality players, and can not get them to improve, over the summer, it means you are NOT a very good coach. I am hoping he does not play Roll, or Dragovich, over 22 mins each again. They do not play defense, cast three pointers, and put these younger guys in vulnerable situations. Ben Howland, shame on you, it is up to you, to actually coach and teach these guys this season.

Guasti, CA

#34 Nov 19, 2009
Friendly UCLA ROB wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Aaron Aflalo, JOrdan Farmar, Lorenzo Mata, Mbah Moute, Kevin Love, Collison, Holiday, Aboya, were Lavin's players? really? what a retard. LOL
It takes one to know one <a retard, that is, for your feeble, forgetful mind FUCLA SOB>.

Torrance, CA

#35 Nov 19, 2009
Bruins4ever wrote:
This is a rebuilding year. Wait til next year.
That's what I tell my wife every time She don't get OFF!

Guasti, CA

#37 Nov 20, 2009
Friendly UCLA ROB wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey sweety why are you so agressive? are you having menstrual crams? Go tell Ronnie to run over to the store to buy you some Pamprin, or Midol. p.s. checkout my headline LOL
Menstrual crams?? Cram it up your a s s fool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Roll Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Real or Perceived: Alford's Recruiting Issues (Sep '13) Sep '13 Brew In 4
News Back to Point Guard U? Notes On UCLA Point Guards (Jul '10) Jul '10 Brew In 1
News UCLA forward Nelson to play in conference tourn... (Mar '10) Apr '10 Rob 40
News Just big-time: March Madness retakes its spot o... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Brew In 1
News PAINTER: It's different finishes for UCLA senio... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Brew In 9
News UCLA gets a Bear hug on its way out of Pac-10 T... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Adrian G 17
News UCLA applies full Nelson, Arizona submits (Mar '10) Mar '10 Robs_AngryGhost 1
More from around the web