UCLA falls to Cal State Fullerton

UCLA falls to Cal State Fullerton

There are 28 comments on the LA Daily News story from Nov 17, 2009, titled UCLA falls to Cal State Fullerton. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

The prevailing thought in basketball is simple: Live by the three, die by the three.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jay Rizzle

San Francisco, CA

#1 Nov 17, 2009
This is definitely a rebuilding year, but give me a break. At home against who? CSUF? I'm embarrassed, and as an alumnus I realize that not every year is going to be a FInal Four year. But there is a difference between rebuilding and not coming to play. And why did Howland take Nelson out so early in the second half? He looked like the only guy who had a spark. Jerime Anderson is horrible, by the way, shot selection much? Malcolm Lee looks like he needs a couple games but shows some promise. Drew Gordon (not Gooden like the stupid ESPN guy kept calling him all night) is decent in the post, but is more of an up tempo Marion type player. Can't create his own shot, but he can recover and put it back.

Torrance, CA

#2 Nov 17, 2009
Why can't the Bruins wait till Dec. 21, 2012 like the rest of us. The Coach needs to trade some of that big "D" for a little "o"!

San Pedro, CA

#3 Nov 17, 2009
All these high school All-Americans that UCLA recruits can't play at all. If Jerime Anderson and Malcom Lee are our main points guard, we have no chance in hell this season. These guys are just terrible and can't shoot at all......Yikes!!!!

“America & LEGAL Americans 1st”

Since: Aug 08

#4 Nov 17, 2009
Maybe the team is watching too many USC football games.

Orange, CA

#5 Nov 17, 2009
I know it's early but, I'm not sure Anderson is our answer at PG...We definitely have a tradition at UCLA, Jerime needs to step it up and show out. Turn me into a fan, JA...
Phil Corn

Simi Valley, CA

#6 Nov 17, 2009
Hold your nose this season..........there is next to zero talent in this "Blue Chip" program's roster.

Since: Jan 09

Sacramento, CA

#8 Nov 17, 2009
Dragovich and Rolle need to start hitting or it will be a long bball season.

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Nov 17, 2009
This one is on Ben Howland. If I presented a product that looked that awful, I'd be fired. Although I do have an hypothesis for why Reeves was summarily removed from the game and never re-input, I would like to hear Ben's explanation.

Seattle, WA

#10 Nov 17, 2009
Right now, Washington beats UCLA by 20. The Bruins are in for a tough season.
At Pauley?
The Dude

Van Nuys, CA

#12 Nov 17, 2009
Herb wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back to West Valley, your boyfriend misses you.
Somebody got a little upset. I will call the Whaaambulance for you, don't worry, help is on the way!

Riverside, CA

#13 Nov 17, 2009
My, the SC folks posting here sure are touchy when anyone dares to point out that their football team was routed in 2 of their last 3 games.

Take it easy, girls -- I hear that El Paso is lovely around New Years.

“America & LEGAL Americans 1st”

Since: Aug 08

#14 Nov 17, 2009
Herb wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't get my sarcasm. I'm at least as much of a USC fan as you probably are. It was a dig at the almighty bruins who look like they will play like cubs this year.

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Nov 17, 2009
You go Titans, I am always for the underdog
Dave from Panama City

Montgomery, AL

#16 Nov 17, 2009
What happened to recruiting? I thought Howland was supposed to be a great recruiter. Well at least no players have been arrested for armed rebbery.

Torrance, CA

#17 Nov 17, 2009
Herb wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe it! Bruin Fans attacking each other! We are all on the Good Ship Bruin together, but we are full speed ahead, with an iceburg approaching. Get ready for some cold water. Women and children first, after Me!

Van Nuys, CA

#19 Nov 17, 2009
To racist Fire Ben ... You mean UCLA needs tough thugs like who, Kevin Love? Jordan Farmar? Aaron Afflalo, Darren Collison? Josh Shipp? What they need is talent.
When Michael Roll is your most reliable player, you know you're in trouble.

The Bruins need Dragovic and Keefe to play like men who've been in the program for 4 years. Even though Dragovich is largely a perimeter player, he has to provide some kind of presence. Keefe just looks lost. After 6 years of Farmar/Collison at the point, Jerime Anderson is horrible. he can't shoot outside, he can't penetrate, and he can't shoot free throws, aside from hat he's excellent. For that matter, can anyone shoot free throws on that team?

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Nov 17, 2009
Fire Ben Howland wrote:
What the UCLA basketball team needs are some real tough black thugs,the kind that if you saw them walking down the street you would run the other way fearing for your life. Not these "starbucks" blacks they have now from Orange Country. We need to start recruiting from the inner city, the hood. Those boys know how to ball!

I think you are despicable. I'm surprised that they allowed you to post this trash.

Anaheim, CA

#21 Nov 17, 2009
The problem lies in guard play lee has potential, Jerime Anderson can't shoot if his life depended on it, Sorry if this guy remains the staring point guard U.C.L.A is in trouble hope, I am wrong!

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Nov 17, 2009
This is a rebuilding year. Wait til next year.
John Holden

Highland, CA

#23 Nov 17, 2009
Why did Ben Howland take Nelson Reeves out of the game?Was it because he gave a fist pump after his slam dunk,and we all know Ben Howland won't put up with that,what a joke!!! Reeves was 4 for 6 shooting,6 rebounds,and 1 block!!! in 12 minutes dammit!!! Howland's a joke for benching this kid!!!!!!!!!!and yes I like UCLA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Roll Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Real or Perceived: Alford's Recruiting Issues (Sep '13) Sep '13 Brew In 4
News Back to Point Guard U? Notes On UCLA Point Guards (Jul '10) Jul '10 Brew In 1
News UCLA forward Nelson to play in conference tourn... (Mar '10) Apr '10 Rob 40
News Just big-time: March Madness retakes its spot o... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Brew In 1
News PAINTER: It's different finishes for UCLA senio... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Brew In 9
News UCLA gets a Bear hug on its way out of Pac-10 T... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Adrian G 17
News UCLA applies full Nelson, Arizona submits (Mar '10) Mar '10 Robs_AngryGhost 1
More from around the web