Terps overmatched by No. 9 Gonzaga

Full story: Baltimore Sun

Josh Heytvelt had 22 points and No. 9 Gonzaga beat Maryland, 81-59, on Friday in the semifinals of the Old Spice Classic.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
gscaton1

Ellicott City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

Nothing to be ashamed of. Gonzaga was to good. They were just outclassed tongiht. They still done a great job in the tournament.
Biff

Annapolis, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

Tough loss, in that it is the first of the year, but Bulldogs played extremely well. Maryland missed a lot of rebounds on the offensive side, or at least chances. It is somewhat of a young team, and think the bodes well down the road...it'll be an interesting match up Sunday night.
Samson151

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

Okay, we can relax now. Yesterday was an aberration. The Stinky Cheese Men have returned.
Biff

Annapolis, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

Samson151 wrote:
Okay, we can relax now. Yesterday was an aberration. The Stinky Cheese Men have returned.
I wouldn't go that far...its one game.
bmoreboy

Fort Bragg, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

Aye! Shout out to my man "Anti Gary" cause sunday you'll officially become a TERPS fan again! Being that you're such a front runner you'll be a Terps fan after we run ya'll off the court! And you'll probably have a guilty conscience because you're a Charm City boy but you run with the DC boys! The Baltimoreans i know don't run with those DC kats but you somehow do! Man Up HATER and go ahead and change your posting name because after sunday you'll never want to write again under that rediculous name! Until then Anti Gary enjoy life because i'm going to EAT YOU ALIVE ON SUNDAY!!!! B-more baby! hahaha
Tripp

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

The Terps have big bodies on the team...GW is going to have to whip those guys up & somehow get them to perform. Maybe it's time to bring in Goins. Terps are a decent team w/ zero inside presence and will get dominated by huge, talented teams (UNC, Clemson) unless 1 of the big men they have can really break out.
Anti Gary

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

For all of you idiots and assholes who bashed me yesterday when Maryland won, stand up it take it like men you dumb ass sissies. I don't have to say I told you so because I obviously know more about the game then you do. Ask GW if he had any help today. Ask him why when he dishes off to the likes of Dupree and Milbourne why they can't catch the ball. Ask him why Hayes will never have back to back ok games. I tell you why. Because they are not ready for big time college basketball. I wish you well GV because your coach surely hasn't helped you with any quality players since you've been here. I wish you well Mosley. You better hope that your game won't get ruined by GW. Ask Terrence Morris. Ask Keith Booth why his all around perimeter game turned him into being a 6-4 power forward. Neal had a descent game against Mich State, but came back to his division II game. Get used to it turtle lovers and Gary lovers, after G-Town beats you by double digits on Sunday, the Terps will be back to their normal sorry selves. Hopefully by the Big Ten ACC tournament is over you jerks can go back cheering for Gary's below average team. Like I said, I don't have to say I told you so. Gary and his sorry program will show it to you themselves!!
Terps Fan

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

Tough loss today. The Terps were hanging tough until the depth up front by Gonzaga proved too much. Let's hope they can rebound with a win against Georgetown to end the weekend on a high note.
Anti Gary

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

bmoreboy wrote:
Aye! Shout out to my man "Anti Gary" cause sunday you'll officially become a TERPS fan again! Being that you're such a front runner you'll be a Terps fan after we run ya'll off the court! And you'll probably have a guilty conscience because you're a Charm City boy but you run with the DC boys! The Baltimoreans i know don't run with those DC kats but you somehow do! Man Up HATER and go ahead and change your posting name because after sunday you'll never want to write again under that rediculous name! Until then Anti Gary enjoy life because i'm going to EAT YOU ALIVE ON SUNDAY!!!! B-more baby! hahaha
Stop trying to act black. I'm more Baltimore than you will ever be w-boy!!
Buck

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

Anti-Gary - LOSER - stop pretending you know more about basketball than you show you do. No one expected the Terps to win back to back against the #5 and #9 teams in the nation. But when they split - you are back here ragging like you are king of the world.

Just shut up - you have no board cred here and everyone knows you are a loser just like Fire Trembley. Just go back to playing pocket pool.
bmoreboy

Fort Bragg, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

You're more Baltimore than me? I'm from Baltimore and i rep. for Baltimore! You're a clown that clames something you're not! And if being white and from B-more makes me a bad person then I guess you're a F.A.G.O.T. cause you're a black boy and claim to be something you're not just like me right? hahaha swallow your words YOU BUM! And you'll never be more B-more than me, i wear my O's hat proudfully while you burned yours when DC got the Nats!
Biff

Annapolis, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

Anti Gary wrote:
For all of you idiots and assholes who bashed me yesterday when Maryland won, stand up it take it like men you dumb **** sissies. I don't have to say I told you so because I obviously know more about the game then you do. Ask GW if he had any help today. Ask him why when he dishes off to the likes of Dupree and Milbourne why they can't catch the ball. Ask him why Hayes will never have back to back ok games. I tell you why. Because they are not ready for big time college basketball. I wish you well GV because your coach surely hasn't helped you with any quality players since you've been here. I wish you well Mosley. You better hope that your game won't get ruined by GW. Ask Terrence Morris. Ask Keith Booth why his all around perimeter game turned him into being a 6-4 power forward. Neal had a descent game against Mich State, but came back to his division II game. Get used to it turtle lovers and Gary lovers, after G-Town beats you by double digits on Sunday, the Terps will be back to their normal sorry selves. Hopefully by the Big Ten ACC tournament is over you jerks can go back cheering for Gary's below average team. Like I said, I don't have to say I told you so. Gary and his sorry program will show it to you themselves!!
Why do you care so much if you hate Gary Williams and/or the Terps so much?
jdub

Lexington, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

Nice game by Maze today.
DFWB

Annapolis, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

News flash people! Maryland plays Georgetown tomorrow for third. Let's quit looking back on today's game and start looking forward to this historic game. After all, how often do we get to show the Hoyas what Terps ball is all about? "Anti Gary", you need to quit drinking the hatorade at other posters. Just stick to basketball ranting and quit being so hateful of people. The BaSu is going to throw you off the board and we are all going to applaud that move. I like you better when you stick to sports even if I don't agree with your stance....and while I am on the topic of you, get some grammar lessons.
On target

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

Anti Gary wrote:
For all of you idiots and assholes who bashed me yesterday when Maryland won, stand up it take it like men you dumb **** sissies. I don't have to say I told you so because I obviously know more about the game then you do. Ask GW if he had any help today. Ask him why when he dishes off to the likes of Dupree and Milbourne why they can't catch the ball. Ask him why Hayes will never have back to back ok games. I tell you why. Because they are not ready for big time college basketball. I wish you well GV because your coach surely hasn't helped you with any quality players since you've been here. I wish you well Mosley. You better hope that your game won't get ruined by GW. Ask Terrence Morris. Ask Keith Booth why his all around perimeter game turned him into being a 6-4 power forward. Neal had a descent game against Mich State, but came back to his division II game. Get used to it turtle lovers and Gary lovers, after G-Town beats you by double digits on Sunday, the Terps will be back to their normal sorry selves. Hopefully by the Big Ten ACC tournament is over you jerks can go back cheering for Gary's below average team. Like I said, I don't have to say I told you so. Gary and his sorry program will show it to you themselves!!
quite bitter. However, in the end, he's going to be right.
Ron

Gambrills, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

At halftime Doug Gottlieb of ESPN noted that Maryland had won a natl championship and been to the Final Four and yet Gonzaga had the better players. Maryland needs to recruit some players, I know some people are disappointed in Dupree's showing so far, however the player that disappoints me the most is Milburn I know its early, he needs to raise his game.
Biff

Annapolis, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

Ron wrote:
At halftime Doug Gottlieb of ESPN noted that Maryland had won a natl championship and been to the Final Four and yet Gonzaga had the better players. Maryland needs to recruit some players, I know some people are disappointed in Dupree's showing so far, however the player that disappoints me the most is Milburn I know its early, he needs to raise his game.
That might be the strangest or dumbest thing I have ever heard...not sure who Doug Gottlieb is...but then again I hear a lot of crap when I watch the four letter network.
Al B

Hughesville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

Ron wrote:
It all boils down to recruiting. During the Michigan St. game the ESPN guys said Gary hates recruiting but his assistants do an admirable job. Now tell me, who are recruits and their families going to be most impressed with...Gary's assistants or head coaches from other ACC schools. Honestly, even if Gary cared enough to recruit actively it wouldn't make much difference to the top players...his antics clearly turn off all but the second or third tier kids.
Anti Gary

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

Buck wrote:
Anti-Gary - LOSER - stop pretending you know more about basketball than you show you do. No one expected the Terps to win back to back against the #5 and #9 teams in the nation. But when they split - you are back here ragging like you are king of the world.
Just shut up - you have no board cred here and everyone knows you are a loser just like Fire Trembley. Just go back to playing pocket pool.
Loser? You bets believe I know more about basketball than you do. That's why people like you get mad when I state the truth. Gary's program has turned into one of the most disappointing division one programs in the nation and it seems like I am the only one on here besides Bob who realizes that. You idiots hear it from the announcers and analysts on tv. You see it on the court. What else is it going to take for you idiots to realize what's going on?
Anti Gary

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

Buck wrote:
By the way, what is pocket pool? Stick to the basics Mr. Neck. Open up the windows of that trailer and let some fresh air in. Oh my bad, I forgot you live on the river in a tent. Only true building in Sykesville is Central Laundry owned by the Division of Correction.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Matt Bouldin Discussions

Search the Matt Bouldin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Some Gonzaga notes (Feb '10) Feb '10 BEN 1
KU's Sherron Collins Lead Cousy Award Finalists (Feb '10) Feb '10 Kilroy 2
Poling to leave Zags (Jan '10) Jan '10 BEN 1
BURLISON: Plenty of talent on hand at 76 Classic (Nov '09) Nov '09 Mick 1
Howie Stalwick | Viewpoint Even Gonzaga's Best ... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Ballaryry 1
NCAA South: Matt Bouldin does it all for Gonzaga (Mar '09) Mar '09 Danny T 1
how hot do you think matt bouldin is? Mar '09 Elizabeth 0
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••