Blair To Test Improved Thabeet

Blair To Test Improved Thabeet

There are 14 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Feb 15, 2009, titled Blair To Test Improved Thabeet. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Hasheem Thabeet did all kinds of inspiring things Saturday at Seton Hall. He scored a career-high 25 points.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

DCHusky

Columbia, MD

#1 Feb 16, 2009
Bring it. Digger will never let us forget. Oh the humanity!
Marcus

Derwood, MD

#2 Feb 16, 2009
I'm interested to see how Fields handles the offense. He's so much smarter/savvy than that junk the Seton Hall guards brought into the interior the other day.(That one SH guard drove left in the lane and puts up a layup over his right shoulder?- pure garbage!) Fields is a different animal, and Blair/Young/Biggs will get the ball in spots where Thabeet will really have to be thinking out there. Furthermore, if that lumpy Garcia can grab 13 boards, I'm concerned about the offensive rebounding machine that Blair can be, especially when Thabeet is trying to block everything this side of the Mississippi...

Should be a nice game - I'll have the mixed fruit-flavored Tums ready. A win tonight goes a long way toward a #1 seed, but I guess every game from here on out does...

“5,24,48,88”

Since: Nov 07

Beacon Falls, CT.

#3 Feb 16, 2009
Batten down the hatches boys, this is going to be a tough one. Pitt is very talented, it should be a real tough physical game. I hope the refs don't call it to close and get any of the guys in foul trouble. Thabeet and Adrien have to stay on the court. I'm sure the guards will shoot much better than they did in the SH game.
Bill

Hartford, CT

#4 Feb 16, 2009
This is Thabeet's test. This will tell more if he is in the class with that kid from Oklahoma, or maybe even better!
not sure

Meriden, CT

#5 Feb 16, 2009
I love how single games are over hyped or under hyped....this is a great game, but not all or nothing...particularly with another match up against these guys...with that that said...a Uconn win takes a lot of pressure off the huskies...b/c they are 2 up on Pitt...with 4 to go...in addition, Thabeet unlikely will be as good as Saturday...the real issue is will anybody knock down wide open jumpers...both teams struggle with this...calhoun was being nice b/c pitt has big weakness and that is they are brick layers from the outside and worse from the line....
Boba Fett

Arlington, VT

#6 Feb 16, 2009
Nice Marcus, some actual analysis! I like it.

All I know is I will be section 117 tonight and I'm psyched!
ricky

Palmyra, PA

#7 Feb 16, 2009
if there is no perimeter scoring, uconn is toast
Marc

Hartford, CT

#8 Feb 16, 2009
everyone is talking about the thabeet blair matchup, and it will definitely be a good one but i dont think it will decide this game. i think in order for uconn to win our guards need to step it up and put some points on the board in addition to playing good perimeter D to fill the void left by Dyson. Of course it would be nice if Stanley could finally put on an impressive performance but i think uconn can win without that as they have in the past...
Jeffman

Fuquay Varina, NC

#9 Feb 16, 2009
mazza94 wrote:
Batten down the hatches boys, this is going to be a tough one. Pitt is very talented, it should be a real tough physical game. I hope the refs don't call it to close and get any of the guys in foul trouble. Thabeet and Adrien have to stay on the court. I'm sure the guards will shoot much better than they did in the SH game.
Excellent comments, mazza. In addition, we need Sticks Robinson to contribute on both ends of the floor. A typical 3 point/ 5 turnover/2 rebound game from Stanley simply will not suffice - especially since Jerome it out. Sticks has the physical capabilities to do something positive - and not spend 25 minutes sitting next to the coaches on the bench. Thabeet and Adrien will have to play like "men" underneath as Pitt has toughness in the paint like no other Big East team on the schedule,(sorry Notre Dame proved to be nothing but a one-horse team). We also need A.J. and/or Kemba to come up big offensively. This will be the toughest game of the season for UConn. Let's hope that the XL Center crowd cheers loudly throughout the game to inspire the team. The wine and cheese corporate suits have to get into the game and not sit on their hands as they do when the team is playing the Rutgers, DePaul, and South Florida's of the world. Make some noise tonight, folks!!
Mike McManus

Hamden, CT

#10 Feb 16, 2009
I agree with verything said so far. My only addition is that I am still not convinced about Thabeet's greatness, specifically his toughness. If he can hold his own against Pitt and not get into foul trouble, I'll chanhe my tuine!
Jeffman wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent comments, mazza. In addition, we need Sticks Robinson to contribute on both ends of the floor. A typical 3 point/ 5 turnover/2 rebound game from Stanley simply will not suffice - especially since Jerome it out. Sticks has the physical capabilities to do something positive - and not spend 25 minutes sitting next to the coaches on the bench. Thabeet and Adrien will have to play like "men" underneath as Pitt has toughness in the paint like no other Big East team on the schedule,(sorry Notre Dame proved to be nothing but a one-horse team). We also need A.J. and/or Kemba to come up big offensively. This will be the toughest game of the season for UConn. Let's hope that the XL Center crowd cheers loudly throughout the game to inspire the team. The wine and cheese corporate suits have to get into the game and not sit on their hands as they do when the team is playing the Rutgers, DePaul, and South Florida's of the world. Make some noise tonight, folks!!
Enough is Enough

Hartford, CT

#11 Feb 16, 2009
Bill wrote:
This is Thabeet's test. This will tell more if he is in the class with that kid from Oklahoma, or maybe even better!
The only way Thabeets puts himself in Blake Griffins class is if het puts up another 25-20 night. It's not even close.

Since: Jan 09

Connecticut

#12 Feb 16, 2009
Jeffman wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent comments, mazza. In addition, we need Sticks Robinson to contribute on both ends of the floor. A typical 3 point/ 5 turnover/2 rebound game from Stanley simply will not suffice - especially since Jerome it out. Sticks has the physical capabilities to do something positive - and not spend 25 minutes sitting next to the coaches on the bench. Thabeet and Adrien will have to play like "men" underneath as Pitt has toughness in the paint like no other Big East team on the schedule,(sorry Notre Dame proved to be nothing but a one-horse team). We also need A.J. and/or Kemba to come up big offensively. This will be the toughest game of the season for UConn. Let's hope that the XL Center crowd cheers loudly throughout the game to inspire the team. The wine and cheese corporate suits have to get into the game and not sit on their hands as they do when the team is playing the Rutgers, DePaul, and South Florida's of the world. Make some noise tonight, folks!!
I want to watch the Adrien/Young match-up.

And it's a big game, alright, but win or lose the team will continue evolving after losing Dyson. It will be awhile yet before we really know what they are.
Marc

Hartford, CT

#13 Feb 16, 2009
anyone attending the game, make the XL LOUD tonight! give our huskies any advantage they can get! i can't be in attendance but i always love it when i can hear the arena rocking when watching on the television!

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#14 Feb 19, 2009
LOL !!

How did that bean pole do again ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Levance Fields Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 6 Reasons Pitt Should Have Fired Jamie Dixon Af... (Mar '13) Mar '13 biff 1
News No. 3 Texas- Pittsburgh: Previewing The CBE Cla... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Matt Fontana 1
News NCAA Top Seeds Tar Heels, Louisville Play Tonight (Apr '09) Apr '09 kenan robeson 1
News Sean Miller May Be Target in UVA Search for Hea... (Mar '09) Mar '09 paul 5
News A familiar ending for Pitt's season of firsts (Mar '09) Mar '09 frustrated in ATL 1
News High stakes for Huskies with Pitt in town (Feb '09) Mar '09 Timster 2
News Pittsburgh Survives Sweet 16 Scare (Mar '09) Mar '09 CheckYoFax 1
More from around the web