Take A Look At The Flip Side

Take A Look At The Flip Side

There are 50 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Feb 17, 2009, titled Take A Look At The Flip Side. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

He was the one whose left eye was swollen halfway shut. He was the one who looked as if he had gone a few rounds in the ring.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tony from Cromwell

United States

#41 Feb 17, 2009
Hey Jimma Babboon,
Coach your the #1 team in the nation. Your playing what was the biggest game til date in College Basketball. I saw you with Mike Francesca on YES Network. I knew then your team wasn't ready. Where was your ' Warrior " Jeff Adrien ?? You guys can't score in a 1/2 court set against any type of a match-up zone. Never could. Here's a thought -- A.J #1 -- Stanley #2 -- Thabeet in the Middle-- Adrien and G.Edwards at the forwards. Then Bring in #1 Kemba -- and then slide Austrie in. You've only played 8 guys all year now your down to 7. Too Late to bring someone else aboard. Get big and bad like "Alan Ladd -- not small and puny like Mickey Rooney "
Moser

Pennsville, NJ

#42 Feb 17, 2009
Calhoun is a terrible loser. The Huskies got outplayed at their own game. What did Calhoun want? Tighter whistles? Then Thabeet and Adrien would have fouled out early. Before the "bad" call in the 2nd half, Blair was shoved to the ground by Thabeet when attempting to step through under the basket. Adrien smacked Blair a few times across the arms that they let play. The guy is an animal and if he doesn't foul may be impossible to stop. So, Calhoun could have it is way, and then lose by 20 with both Thabeet and Adrien on the bench. I love the Huskies, but I've never seen a bigger whiner. Congrats to Pitt, they are the better team and showed it. Calhoun said I wish somebody told us they'd call it like that before the game. Well, Jim, nobody told Pitt, they adjusted. You just got outplayed and outcoached last night.
BlairShouldaBeen Tossed

Trumbull, CT

#43 Feb 17, 2009
I think pitt deserved the win, and im not gonna complain about the officiating, not when we get as many calls as we have all year.

but any pitt fan who didnt clearly see that Blair had one hand grabbing the ball, and the other hand locking thabeets wrist and bending over to flip him right over him is absolutely blind and loses all credibility.

Guess that leaves what, one or two pitt fans in the world?
BlairShouldaBeen Tossed

Trumbull, CT

#44 Feb 17, 2009
its sad that this writer takes a team that is 24-2 and tries to slam the coach. Just like hes been doing for years, ever since Coach cut him off.

What do you expect JJ, you are a first class turd.
calhounisababy

Bogart, GA

#45 Feb 17, 2009
Wasn't calhoun crying a week ago aobut Digger not having uconn puppies #1? Obviously, Digger was right. Although Digger, in trying to make calhoun happy compared tabby the cat to Bill Russell, no biggger insult to C's orgnaization and to BR. Calhoun true colors come out again last night with is tirade on the refs. Yes, calhoun and your kool-aid drinking fans it's the refs, always the refs. It's not austrie, adrien, robinson or tabby, it's once again the refs. "You stay classy calhoun."
Johnnyd

South Windsor, CT

#46 Feb 18, 2009
After not letting Pitt run away with the game UConn comes back late to go up by 5. Then comes the defensive meltdown with 5 minutes or less left to go. Bang !!! One three,Bang Bang a second three !!! And just like magic they let a guard that was not a scoring threat during 98% of the game makes their small lead disappear. I don't want to hear anyone say that things may have been different with Dyson.The bottom line is they deserved to lose and finally met a Big East team other then Georgetown that had their number on this particular night. As for Thabeet,I've never seen a center his size knocked to the floor as many timers as he has. He finally met a player that knew how to play him.
Uncle Willie

United States

#47 Feb 18, 2009
First off...I Calhoun and the assistant coaches let Thabeet down. They should've been pounding it into him that you have to stand your ground, and if you're pushed backwards as he (Blair) lowers his shoulders into you, then HIT THE DECK. Backpedaling serves no good.

Exactly right! Hasheem could`ve gotten at least two more fouls on Blair if he established position, took the repeated contact and flopped. He`s not going to do this on his own because he does`nt know the game that well. When Adrien guarded Blair he flopped and got the foul called. This small detail was a big factor.
DCHusky

San Jose, CA

#48 Feb 18, 2009
keep crying you jc haters....I love the entertainment. Do think anyone on this board gives a rat's a$$ what you think?
Rich

East Hartford, CT

#49 Feb 19, 2009
Pitt earned this win. There was no stopping Blair and there is not one Husky who has the toughness to reciprocate Blair's efforts. You are all forgetting about Young. There was no defensive answer for him. He was a monster inside and out. Sticks looked like a Washington General guarding him. Young would have been to big and too athletic for Dyson to contain. I think Sticks needs to watch some tape because he might be the only one athletic enough to contain him. Edwards doesn't have the build or the lateral quickness to stay in front of him. Young and his 25 points were the x factor in this game.
Finishing Thoughts

Meriden, CT

#50 Feb 19, 2009
First Uconn got outplayed but, the 4th foul that ESPN, Jacobs, etc. all admitted was ridiculous did change the game. Further, you can't say that Pitt is a team that has not thrived with "different style reffing" There is a reason that while Pitt has been great in the regular season and Big East tourney for the last 7 years...Uconn, Cuse, Nova, & G-Town have all had better NCCA tourney runs...Thug ball gets called in the NCCAs...with that said Calhoun knows this is a Big East game and that is the chance you will have...I was surprised this big of games was not done by Tommy Higgins though...the funny thing that few are talking about is that we lost this game because of guard play...why in the second half was Austrie missing layups, killing the shot clock to air ball floaters, losing Fields and shooting fade away threes when AJ Price was so hot in the first half...not sure if that was AJ not demanding the ball, Calhoun not forcing him the ball or Austrie lost...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Levance Fields Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 6 Reasons Pitt Should Have Fired Jamie Dixon Af... (Mar '13) Mar '13 biff 1
News No. 3 Texas- Pittsburgh: Previewing The CBE Cla... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Matt Fontana 1
News NCAA Top Seeds Tar Heels, Louisville Play Tonight (Apr '09) Apr '09 kenan robeson 1
News Sean Miller May Be Target in UVA Search for Hea... (Mar '09) Mar '09 paul 5
News A familiar ending for Pitt's season of firsts (Mar '09) Mar '09 frustrated in ATL 1
News High stakes for Huskies with Pitt in town (Feb '09) Mar '09 Timster 2
News Pittsburgh Survives Sweet 16 Scare (Mar '09) Mar '09 CheckYoFax 1
More from around the web