Minnesota Gophers have talent but lac...

Minnesota Gophers have talent but lack consistency for Big Ten ...

There are 6 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 10, 2010, titled Minnesota Gophers have talent but lack consistency for Big Ten .... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Jim Jackson says the Gophers have enough talent to win the Big Ten Conference men's basketball tournament, likely their only chance to make the NCAA tournament.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

davy jones

Lincoln, NE

#1 Mar 11, 2010
Win the Big ten tournament? what a joke-even if they win today it will be all over tomorrow-the Gopher BB program is a joke just like the rest of the big time sports at MN. By the way,k Jim Jackson is an annoying jerk .
Camel Tow

Calgary, Canada

#2 Mar 11, 2010
just like most other MN sports teams come playoff time...one and done.....meaning they will win today and get their arse's handed to them tomorrow..

NIT BABY!!!!!!!!!!
fmc651

Granton, WI

#3 Mar 11, 2010
this joe lunardi guy where did they find him? He was pushing seton hall who gave up 106 to providence, nd Illinois. Which the gophers beat on their home court. The gophs get ripped by the refs. the purdue game at home they give kramer flop calls. il game they were grabbing guys at the end to stop the clock and they called traveling calls or that game isn't close.
They aren't the best but they deserve more respect thana they get.

“Free and Fair Elections”

Since: Jan 09

Zumbrota, MN

#4 Mar 11, 2010
I think it is perfectly fair to say what Jackson said. This team has floundered all season, despite very good talent. They showed what they could do when they beat a Top 20 team in Butler at a neutral site and handily beat OSU and Wisconsin at the barn only to lose by a gigantic number at OSU.

I believe the Gophers could squeeze in if they got to the Big Ten championship and lost. However, the only way they will deserve to be in the Big Dance is to sweep the three co-champs in the conference tournament.

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#5 Mar 11, 2010
Tubby Smith is an excellent coach
Marmal

Fayetteville, AR

#6 Mar 11, 2010
Every time I stood in the student section this season I would turn to my friends and say the exact same thing- despite whoever we were playing... We can win this... we have the talent and the ability to play with anyone in the country. And at the same time we have the ability to lose to Minnesota-Duluth if we don't focus... I think the gophers have the talent to win the tourney- but no... they won't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrence Westbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iverson wants to play again (Jun '10) Jun '10 Not a believer 2
News Tom Powers: Rumors are distracting, but Tubby S... (Mar '10) Mar '10 TC Florida 27
News Gophers eliminated in NCAA tournament (Mar '10) Mar '10 jackoe 31
News Westbrook's career comes to emotional end (Mar '10) Mar '10 walrus1807 1
News Devoe Joseph finds his comfort zone and makes t... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Gardy 1
News Questions with Bob Sansevere: Gophers radio ana... (Mar '10) Mar '10 big10guy 3
News Little problems add up big (Feb '10) Mar '10 mike hill 7