Little problems add up big

Full story: TwinCities.com

Tubby Smith has a theory about why Minnesota's basketball team is doing worse than last season despite returning nine players who went to the NCAA tournament a year ago.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7

Since: Jan 09

Compton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2010

Judged:

This team has lost interest and lost fans and today, Saturday, only ONE press rep showed for the pregame Q&A... zzzzzzz Tubby better turn it on next year or it is bye, bye... not sure if this guy is a real coach... too much bad press coming out of his previous stints and seem to reemerge now at the U.
bobby G

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

Judged:

More spin, Tubby is a bust-everyone in KY will tell you the same thing. He is a total media creation.
bobby G

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

As for Maturi, hes surely is in his last days as AD-he needs to retire immediately. I wrote and told him so at maturi@umn.edu
harrythehat

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

Judged:

bobby G wrote:
More spin, Tubby is a bust-everyone in KY will tell you the same thing. He is a total media creation.
Tubby always has apologists. Why are the Gophers no better than Tubby's first year? They should have been contending by now. This was his MO at KY his last five years. Vitale and the national media have propped us this man for years. The truth is starting to sink in at Minnesota. Even some of the Golden Dunkers are starting to complain. I give him one more year and then he will resign and cite racial bias like he did at KY
gopherextra

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

maturi@umn.edu--- Go there now!!Joel should go now and a new AD an name the new hockey, football and basketball coach and demand winning something for a change.
Interesting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

One of the most important "intangibles" that is missing is C-O-A-C-H-I-N-G.

This is collegiate basketball and despite all this talk about "not having enough talent" and "overachieving", it's the last level of amateur competition where a good coach with average talent can make a BIG difference.

It's become obvious that Tubby Smith is not the "great coach" that he has been advertised to be. It's time to get this fraud out of the UMN program and replace him with someone who actually knows how to "teach, mentor and coach" the student/athlete that choses to wear the Maroon and Gopher uniform.
mike hill

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

damn i did'nt know that gopher basketball was a hot job be glad he's even take the time to come to minneapolis it's not like they was winning before he got they .if u let him go whos going to come? NOBODY

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lawrence Westbrook Discussions

Search the Lawrence Westbrook Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Iverson wants to play again (Jun '10) Jun '10 Not a believer 2
Tom Powers: Rumors are distracting, but Tubby S... (Mar '10) Mar '10 TC Florida 27
Gophers eliminated in NCAA tournament (Mar '10) Mar '10 jackoe 31
Westbrook's career comes to emotional end (Mar '10) Mar '10 walrus1807 1
Devoe Joseph finds his comfort zone and makes t... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Gardy 1
Questions with Bob Sansevere: Gophers radio ana... (Mar '10) Mar '10 big10guy 3
Relieved Gophers hoping to make some noise in N... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Goldy Gopher 13
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••