For UCLA, it's 'Nova and out

Full story: LA Daily News
No tears were shed, and falling short of the season-long goal of finally winning a national championship was buried in the recesses of most minds. Full Story
edd

Franklin, MA

#1 Mar 22, 2009
The only players with consistent energy were Aboya, Keefe, Gordon, and Lee. 1 starter and 3 from the bench who clearly saw 'Nova laying the wood on any Bruin going to the basket. Why weren't the soft Bruins returning the favor to 'Nova players. I 'm a Bruin fan in the Northeast and their soft, matador defense was an embarassment !!!
Ben Howland should've shaken things up a bit when they got down. I can't believe you don't throw in a zone or something else....anything else but the D they were playing. "We don't play zone" ??? Your pigeon-holing your options Ben.
Great careers for the 3 seniors!
IRule

Bisbee, AZ

#2 Mar 22, 2009
Agreed about the zone comment. If they have not played it all year, this game probably would not be a good time to test it out. They should have practiced it a bit throughout the year to be ready for an opponent like this. Still, next year they will be good. Solid program, solid players, but the conference play is tough. Expect USC to bounce back next year with a better regular season.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Shipp Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bruins pour out frustrations after loss to Ariz... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Butch 1
UCLA senior's been on Roll with Bruins (Jan '10) Jan '10 Butch 1
UCLA men's basketball down, but Pac-10 opponent... (Oct '09) Nov '09 Brew In 4
While UCLA product Collison is buzz word in New... (Jun '09) Jun '09 my thoughts 4
UCLA basketball's Holiday could hit lottery (May '09) Jun '09 Brew In 12
College Basketball: Minutes piling up for UCLA ... (Mar '09) Jun '09 buckeye 3
UCLA faces new identity next season with three ... (Mar '09) Mar '09 manhattan_beach_dude 36

Josh Shipp People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE