It's 'Nova and out for UCLA

Full story: Daily Breeze

No tears were shed, and falling short of the season-long stated goal of finally winning a national championship was buried in the recesses of most minds.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Mar 23, 2009
LAPDRN

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

better luck next time
dont expect to see a banner being hang at pauley pavilion as long as ben hwland is the coach
DrT

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

The tone of the game was set in the first minute when Collison stole the ball and headed for a lay up only to be, yes, flagrantly fouled! When the ref didn't call that flagrant it gave you an idea of what was happening. Then on two successive drives to the basket Shipp landed on the floor both times with no call it was over for the Bruins. Howland did not respond and once again was totally out coached. It is interesting that this morning the media is lauding USC as replacing the Bruins as the monarchs of hoops in L.A. If I recall the Bruins beat them twice in league play this year....What hurt the Bruins the most this year, was to lose three starters to the NBA. Aboya was a stand out who played with his heart and soul every game.

Since: Apr 08

Los Angeles, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

DrT wrote:
The tone of the game was set in the first minute when Collison stole the ball and headed for a lay up only to be, yes, flagrantly fouled! When the ref didn't call that flagrant it gave you an idea of what was happening. Then on two successive drives to the basket Shipp landed on the floor both times with no call it was over for the Bruins. Howland did not respond and once again was totally out coached. It is interesting that this morning the media is lauding USC as replacing the Bruins as the monarchs of hoops in L.A. If I recall the Bruins beat them twice in league play this year....What hurt the Bruins the most this year, was to lose three starters to the NBA. Aboya was a stand out who played with his heart and soul every game.
Flagrant? UCLA and fans are clearly weak minded. Wake up. The PAC 10 has gotten soft and that is why you never see a Pac10 team in the championship game anymore.

Nova out-hustled, out muscled and out-performed UCLA from the get-go. This one was never even close. Yes, the losses of the entire front line hurt, but that's why you recruit well- to replace guys like this. No excuses. Pac 10 is weak. SC is the closest to being a tough opponent in the tournament, and even then, SC lost to an even tougher Michigan St.
bruins suck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

SoCalMike wrote:
<quoted text>
Flagrant? UCLA and fans are clearly weak minded. Wake up. The PAC 10 has gotten soft and that is why you never see a Pac10 team in the championship game anymore.
Nova out-hustled, out muscled and out-performed UCLA from the get-go. This one was never even close. Yes, the losses of the entire front line hurt, but that's why you recruit well- to replace guys like this. No excuses. Pac 10 is weak. SC is the closest to being a tough opponent in the tournament, and even then, SC lost to an even tougher Michigan St.
bruin fans are a bunch of cry babies!!!!
Go Bruins

Arcadia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

bruins suck wrote:
<quoted text>bruin fans are a bunch of cry babies!!!!
Waaa! You're right! Waa! We suck! Waaa!
We lost in the second round of the NCAA tournament. Waaa! Just like Southern Cal did. Waaa!

I'll be in my room crying.

(sarcasm intended)

Go Bruins!

“Go BRUINS ”

Since: Jan 09

Manhattan Beach CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

DrT wrote:
couldn't agree more, east coast thug ball is ruining the game of college basketball, I for one am losing interest.

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

SoCalMike wrote:
<quoted text>
Flagrant? yes!! their not soft, either is u$c and they too complained, you saw Floyd on the floor pleading after a Flagrant foul. Would it have made a difference in the outcome, most likely not, UCLA go schooled, they looked like a very good high school team playing a very good college team.
The games is changing to street ball, you even said so on another thread!

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

bruins suck wrote:
<quoted text>bruin fans are a bunch of cry babies!!!!
Ahhh did ya see Floyd crying to the refs, he who lives in glass houses.... you know the rest.

Since: Apr 08

Los Angeles, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

manhattan_beach_dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Flagrant? yes!! their not soft, either is u$c and they too complained, you saw Floyd on the floor pleading after a Flagrant foul. Would it have made a difference in the outcome, most likely not, UCLA go schooled, they looked like a very good high school team playing a very good college team.
The games is changing to street ball, you even said so on another thread!
When did I say that? I think you're quoting someone else. The game only becomes street ball if the refs let it. It doesn't appear that the refs are letting it. I never saw one flagrant foul in the ucla-villanova or usc-michigan state games- and I'm sure the players and coaches would say the same thing. Even Tim Floyd said in an interview that SC got beat by a better team-no excuses.

Either you learn to play physical or you look like UCLA did against Villanova. That simple. SC at least gave Michigan state a good game and that's why it was a five point difference, not 20. Good lord. UCLA wasn't even close.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••