Price Helps UConn Defeat No. 8 Gonzaga In OT

Full story: Hartford Courant

This was one of them. This was one of those days where Calhoun stepped behind the microphone, his voice hoarse 30 minutes after the game, and talked about guts, effort and pride - all the things he demands, all ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of69
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
FREDDYKOOL

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

GREAT GAME GUYS, REALLY ENJOYED IT, THOUGHT I WAS NOT GONNA MAKE IT. ENJOYED IT MUCH BETTER WATCHING THE TAPE OF THE GAME......H'MMMMMMMMMMMMM
happy

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

Thanks guys for sending a crowded family room xmas party into a frenzy. A loss would have been another lesson on this journey, but a gut wrenching tough finish where you end up on top is exceptional.
Feel good...feel real good Huskies...this was one of those good ol' had it all along games...ie....when the tough gets going....
Now go show the Big East who's in the house....
joe average

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

We know Jeff Adrien can play against Bryant but forget the pros, he looked lost out there. He lacked hustle and there was no anticipation on defense. Jeff your a senior, some times you have to leave your guy and help out. The only thing you have on Gavin Edwards is a pro body, he played a great game, he was all over the place. Watch him in the film session!
SO21 CT

Avon, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

Judged:

Good, now maybe everyone can pipe down about our "soft" schedule.
huskyoranges

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

Judged:

unbelievably great game. great team effort and much toughness. Edwards can play. The big guy affects all shots. The big guy may have dropped a couple of spots in the draft.

what the hell was the call on the big guy?
PPPP

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

My thoughts:

1. Price is back!
2. Dyson is a warrior and the best overall player on the team. Anyone that bashes him, doesn't know much about basketball. As I've said before, every coach in the country would want Dyson on their team with the heart and fearlessness he plays with.
3. That technical foul on Thabeet was a horrible call. Another example of refs trying to take total control over the game.
4. The Gonzaga fans are 10X better than UConn fans. I was at the game last year in Boston, and the UConn fans were basically nuetralized by the Gonzaga fans that made the trip. Obviously, nothing like that took place in Seattle.
5. Calhoun coached a great game.

“5,24,48,88”

Since: Nov 07

Beacon Falls, CT.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

Exciting game to watch, had me on the edge of my seat. A.J. finally looked like his old self,if he plays like that the Huskies will be tough to beat. Gavin Edwards best game by far against a really good team. They really needed him to step up because of the foul situation on Thabeet. THAT CALL WAS SUPPOSIDLY TAUNTING, even the announcers couldn't believe it was called!!
Duke

East Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

What an awesome game, had a great time watching it with my wife and her parents. I have said this earlier in the season, I would rather see Gavin Edwards on the floor than Thabeet, especially during tight situations when the pressures on. He came up with a big points and big rebounds. I can't believe the zebra called the TF on Thabeet though, that was a terrible just based on him jawing a little bit with the Zag player. But I was happy to see him hit the bench to give Edwards the chance to finish the game. I am not a Thabeet hater though, I just think Edwards has a better all around game which benefits the team on both ends of the floor. UConn gave up so many points because because they didn't help out and leave their designated man. Gotta box out too. Great all around effort though, Craig Austrie plays such a huge role, always doing the little things the are asked of him. Can you imagine how potent the team would be if Stick was consistent!
great

Newtown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

Best game of the last few years.

Gonzaga is good, really good. Uconn is better. That Daye kid though has pro written all over him! Special player.

The T on Thabeet was ridiculous! Price and Dyson played fantastic! Really i dont have a complaint against anyone, our kids put forth a monster effort in an extremely tough environment!

Great effort by the team and coaching staff! fantastic game!!!
Jerk Store Owner

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

Judged:

Wow! We beat a WCC team that hardly ever even makes the Sweet 16! I'm so excited! Who's next on our hitlist? St. Mary's?
George Costanza

Meriden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

Judged:

Jerk Store Owner wrote:
Wow! We beat a WCC team that hardly ever even makes the Sweet 16! I'm so excited! Who's next on our hitlist? St. Mary's?
THANK YOU for bringing a little dose of sanity to this board! Your store is clearly running out of UConn fans! This team is clearly still overrated and outmatched by ANY legitimate team.
Johnny D South Windsor

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

Although I've been pretty rough on the guys over the last two years,I have to admit that this was the game that may have changed the chemistry and jelled this team for the remainder of their time at UConn. Great win and Price's last second three to go to overtime has to rate right up there with Tate George's last shot against Clemson and Ray Allen's shot against Georgetown. Way to go!!
Uconn Phan

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

Kudo's and congratulation to Jim Calhoun--a very tough game with terrible calls against UC and this Jim Calhoun --coached. No ranting, ravings. No 20 second hooks. Just superb coaching. Thanks Jim this was a great game to watch and it was even better to watch great coaching without all the antics. I hope this is the future of UConn Coaching. Thanks...

This was an excellent TEAM wins. Price, Robinson, Edwards , Dyson, and the Bigs played an excellent and exciting game--a pleasure to watch.
Marcus

Gaithersburg, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

George and Jerk Store, seriously? UConn beats Gonzaga in a great out of conference game for both teams and that's all you can bring to the message board? Come on, you're boring us. There are much better anti-UConn trolls than you to pretenders - NEXT!

p.s. That female manager/trainer, behind the bench, much better looking than Thabeet, Sticks,General Jim, et al. ;)
Crookshank

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

Jerk Store Owner wrote:
Who is this person who speaks as if I needed his advice?
UCONN hoops guy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

Judged:

Jerk Store Owner wrote:
UCONN wins a terrific basketball game with an outstanding comeback effort. 12 of 14 posts recognize and acknowledge that and two IDIOTS still try to rain on the parade. Well you two are meaningless and you show your lack of knowledge of NCAA basketball. Gonzaga was a top ten ranked team, on their home court, who have a solid history of strong performance against teams from all conferences, and who have done well for years in the Tournament.
UCONN won a big game and you can't stand that so go "piss off".
Mitch Ex New Brit

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

INCREDIBLE!! The UCONN family has a lot to be proud of.
Why is it so hard to get a box score?
UCONN hoops guy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

Judged:

PPPP wrote:
My thoughts:
1. Price is back!
2. Dyson is a warrior and the best overall player on the team. Anyone that bashes him, doesn't know much about basketball. As I've said before, every coach in the country would want Dyson on their team with the heart and fearlessness he plays with.
3. That technical foul on Thabeet was a horrible call. Another example of refs trying to take total control over the game.
4. The Gonzaga fans are 10X better than UConn fans. I was at the game last year in Boston, and the UConn fans were basically nuetralized by the Gonzaga fans that made the trip. Obviously, nothing like that took place in Seattle.
5. Calhoun coached a great game.
Agree strongly with your points 1, 2, 3, 5. Not sure what #4 means. In general UCONN fans strongly support the Mens and Womens programs at home and away. Not sure how many UCONN fans are travelling to Seattle the week before Christmas??
Additional points:
Gavin Edwards stepped up big time. UCONN will need him to be a solid player to succeed this season.
Stanley Robinson came in and played with energy on defense which allowed UCONN to match up better and stop Gonzaga's penetration and easy hoops.
Someone has to do something about those stupid floor graphics. Players are slipping on the floor and potential injuries are apparent. What would have happened if Dyson injured his knee and was out for the season?
The CBS announcing team was excellent.
Gus Johnson is "excitable" but knowledgable. Greg Anthony, the ex UNLV guard, was terrific as Analyst. He knows the game and tells the truth about what he sees. CBS needs to give these guys more exposure in big games.
Special Treatment

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

Mitch Ex New Brit wrote:
INCREDIBLE!! The UCONN family has a lot to be proud of.
Why is it so hard to get a box score?
Yes!!! They must be so proud he can dribble a ball! Big Whoop!
UC Fan

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

The Husky Haters are a trip. Before the game they were woofing that UConn would lose. After the game they badmouth the opposition. Hey fellas, hop on the bandwagon. It's a lot more fun.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of69
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jeremy Pargo Discussions

Search the Jeremy Pargo Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NCAA South: Matt Bouldin does it all for Gonzaga (Mar '09) Mar '09 Danny T 1
Gonzaga notebook (Jan '09) Jan '09 bob 1
Defining Moment For Price, Possibly UConn's Season (Dec '08) Dec '08 jose 30
UConn To Be Tested Against No. 8 Gonzaga (Dec '08) Dec '08 thetruth 5
UConn men will meet Gonzaga in Seattle (Jul '08) Jul '08 BARRACUDA JOE 1
Huskies to visit Gonzaga (Jul '08) Jul '08 ugottabekiddin 1
young money (69$ boys) akabadboy (Jan '08) Jan '08 jacory wallace 1
•••
•••