UM falls to FSU in OT in regular-season finale

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

On his way up for a 3-point attempt that would have sent Miami into a second overtime Saturday against Florida State , Jack McClinton thought Ralph Mims hit his arm.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Student

Hallandale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

GO NOLES!
Noles

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

That's six in a row Canes......you're not in the tourney yet!
Cane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

I'll say what Haith didn't want to say.

The officiating was horrible. As in ONE SIDED.

We still should have won though.
GFK

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

Cane wrote:
NO TOURNEY FOR YOU!!!!!
Noles

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

Cane wrote:
Stop crying.....you're starting to sound like a gator
Pat

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

What do you know, a Cane crying about the officiating. LMAO!
Cane wrote:
LOSERCANE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

Cane wrote:
Your girls lost because FSU beat them. Don't blame the refs losercane.
Leo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

OK people, here we go. OIt's actually time for the ACC basketball championship for the 2007/08 season. Everything up to now was only jostling for seeding (but not home court advantage) for next weekends ACC basketball CHAMPIONSHIP and the resulting NCAA bid for being "ACC Champs". If Nortch Carolina done;xzs t win the ACC Tournament/CHAMPIONSHIP, their fate will be left up to the NCAA committee to determine if they will get an "at large" bid. Now is the time to get worked up people, now the games count for something. Let's support the Canes. I can;t think of any better way to christen the new arena than by the Canes basketball team to win the ACC Basketball Championship for the 20-07/08 season and hang the championship banner in the new arena.
Hunter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

Leo wrote:
OK people, here we go. OIt's actually time for the ACC basketball championship for the 2007/08 season. Everything up to now was only jostling for seeding (but not home court advantage) for next weekends ACC basketball CHAMPIONSHIP and the resulting NCAA bid for being "ACC Champs". If Nortch Carolina done;xzs t win the ACC Tournament/CHAMPIONSHIP, their fate will be left up to the NCAA committee to determine if they will get an "at large" bid. Now is the time to get worked up people, now the games count for something. Let's support the Canes. I can;t think of any better way to christen the new arena than by the Canes basketball team to win the ACC Basketball Championship for the 20-07/08 season and hang the championship banner in the new arena.
Man! Did you fall and bump your head? You just lost to FSU and you think the Canes are gonna' win the ACC tourney? Get to the emergency room.......... FAST!
Hunter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

Leo wrote:
And do you actually think that if NC by chance (and I mean BIG) doesn't win the ACC that their destiny is up to the selection committee? What planet are you living on? Like they won't get an at large bid if they don't win the ACC? Clueless!
Gator 4 Life

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

Give up on em Hunter. No other school in FL cares about their basketball program. How else can you explain Leonard Hamilton having a job?
Leo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

Hunter, I do NOT think NC would be denied a NCAA berth if they don't win the upcoming ACC basketball championship. I just said that if they don't win it, that they are not guaranteed a spot and will have to leave their fate up to the NCAA selection committee. Same thing for other top teams who do not win their conference.
Yes, Miami can win the ACC basketball tile, I have seen weirder things in the ACC. They did beat Duke this year.
I just think it would make for a great story if the Canes do win the ACC title for the 07/08 season in the first year of their new arena, and to be able to hang an ACC Championship banner would be special, considering the history teams like North Carolina and Duke have in the conference. Miami was allowed into the ACC to strengthen the football side of the ACC, but to win the basketball championship would be ironic.
canesrule

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

We were jobbed by the atrocious ACC officiating crew for the second time against FSU this year. The U.S. Attorney's Office ought to look into gambling and bribes by ACC officials. We should have won this game by 15, if not for zebra intervention.
canesrule

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

P.S. Gators blow! Billy D. lost to the Kentucky Mildcats. NIT may be out of reach.
Suffering Miami Fan

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2008

Noles wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop crying.....you're starting to sound like a gator
Now watch the insults! We didn't call you a Gator, don't start dropping the G-bomb unless you are looking for REAL enimies! LOL!
Suffering Miami Fan

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2008

Gatorsrulz wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a "enimies" mean turdboy?
An article about UM and FSU, and the racist Gator-wannabe stalker comes out of the woodwork as usual. Shouldn't you be working out who your first round NIT opponent will be?

"enimies" = "enemies".

Try it phonetically, you might have figured it out for yourself if you used your brain.

Ohhhhhh, nevermind..
Hunter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2008

Leo wrote:
Hunter, I do NOT think NC would be denied a NCAA berth if they don't win the upcoming ACC basketball championship. I just said that if they don't win it, that they are not guaranteed a spot and will have to leave their fate up to the NCAA selection committee. Same thing for other top teams who do not win their conference.
Yes, Miami can win the ACC basketball tile, I have seen weirder things in the ACC. They did beat Duke this year.
I just think it would make for a great story if the Canes do win the ACC title for the 07/08 season in the first year of their new arena, and to be able to hang an ACC Championship banner would be special, considering the history teams like North Carolina and Duke have in the conference. Miami was allowed into the ACC to strengthen the football side of the ACC, but to win the basketball championship would be ironic.
Leo, the Tarheels could lose in the first round of the ACC and I GUARENTEE you they will be a top seed going into the tourney! And yes, it would be ironic for the Canes to win the ACC tournament as it is ironic that Cane football has fallen to the bottom of the ACC! Who would have thought the Canes had a better shot at winning their first ACC crown in basketball? Certainly not me! But, GOOD LUCK LEO and Canes!
Hunter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2008

canesrule wrote:
P.S. Gators blow! Billy D. lost to the Kentucky Mildcats. NIT may be out of reach.
Canesrule, you are the Cane equivilant to Gatorsrulz!Why bother? You are clueless!
Suffering Miami Fan

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

GFK wrote:
<quoted text>
NO TOURNEY FOR YOU!!!!!
Wrong, troll. Shouldn't you change your name from GFK to GFC, for Get a Freaking Clue.
Suffering Miami Fan

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Gatorsrulz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, what are you getting all uppity for? The canes are going to the tourney....big deal, they aren't going very far./.....congrats all the same
Wow, now you are throwing out "uppity"? Truly, you must get these terms out of a particular "social club" handbook. If you get yourself up to Grand Dragon in your little club, let us know. And it IS a big deal, thanks for admitting it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jack McClinton Discussions

Search the Jack McClinton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jack McClinton: Former University of Miami star... (Jun '09) Jul '09 CANESFAN 6
No time to rest for McClinton as NBA draft looms (Jun '09) Jun '09 DJ Davis 4
UM's McClinton wants fans to look past tattoos,... (Dec '08) Jun '09 UMM 17
Hurricanes, Gaels could be a perfect storm (Mar '09) Apr '09 Greg 361
National anthem sweet music to 'Canes' McClinton (Mar '09) Mar '09 mike 2
Florida advances in NIT by blasting Miami (Mar '09) Mar '09 Hunter 33
Miami beats Providence 78-66 in NIT first-round... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Hunter 31
•••
•••