UM loses after big rally

What appeared as though it would be one of the more incredible wins in the history of the Miami basketball program quickly turned to disappointment and delivered a blow to its NCAA Tournament hopes. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NC Cane

Raleigh, NC

#1 Feb 28, 2008
This was a huge loss for the Canes. Sorry to see them come out so sluggish and not ready to play last night. This could have killed all hopes for a NCAA bid. A 19-8 (5-7) record will not get you a ticket to the dance.
Damn!
Ocala Caner

Ocala, FL

#2 Feb 28, 2008
Gettum next game Canes!

I wish that more Canes hoops contests were televised. The sooner that our new AD in waiting takes over I'm sure my beloved Canes will be televised more.
Ocala Caner

Ocala, FL

#3 Feb 28, 2008
29 degrees outside this morn.

BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....... BUT I LOVE IT UP HERE
EGER

Fairport, NY

#4 Feb 28, 2008
Sorry Canes, you had a few good wins your just not a good consistent team.
Gatorsrulz

Hollywood, FL

#5 Feb 28, 2008
LOL...the canes our big losers peroid!
Suffering Miami Fan

Durham, NC

#6 Feb 28, 2008
The win against Duke outweighs a road loss to Clemson.

Miami is ranked 26th, were expected to lose this game, and so this should not be a drop forty spots in the rankings.

“Beyond all comprehension”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon

#7 Feb 28, 2008
Gatorsrulz wrote:
LOL...the canes our big losers peroid!
our? peroid?

The only loser is yourself , illiterate one.

A shame the Canes lost this , would have been one more big step . I am proud of them for trying as hard as they have.
Go Canes !
Canesforyoubrain s

Corona, NY

#8 Feb 28, 2008
Use timeouts coach to stop the runs. Start coaching and stop watching your team give the game away in the first 5 minutes.
Gatorsrulz

Hollywood, FL

#9 Feb 28, 2008
Ignignokt wrote:
<quoted text>
our? peroid?
A shame the Canes lost this , would have been one more big step . I am proud of them for trying as hard as they have.
Go Canes !
Did you attend UM? No? I didnt think so....so please keep quiet

The Moon

#10 Feb 28, 2008
Gatorsrulz wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you attend UM? No? I didnt think so....so please keep quiet
LOL . It doesn't matter either way if or not I attended UM .
The fact is , you are illiterate , and that's sad that you "obtained" a degree just by playing ball.
Also , I shall not be quiet .
Lily

Boca Raton, FL

#11 Feb 28, 2008
Ignignokt wrote:
<quoted text>
our? peroid?
Go Canes !
I love the Canes and am very proud of them also but my daughter is a Clemson Tiger so I am on the fence with this one....LOL
Lily

Boca Raton, FL

#12 Feb 28, 2008
Suffering Miami Fan wrote:
The win against Duke outweighs a road loss to Clemson.
Miami is ranked 26th, were expected to lose this game, and so this should not be a drop forty spots in the rankings.
That win against Duke (first time to beat a top-5 team since 1999) was phenominal!!!
Da Truth

United States

#13 Feb 28, 2008
The NCAA Tournament???? For what??? To get blown out in the 1st round???? They're still a bunch of pussssays, Duke was a fkuke ....20 more seconds and it would have been another crapout.

NIT!!!! NIT!!!!

The Moon

#14 Feb 28, 2008
Da Truth wrote:
The NCAA Tournament???? For what??? To get blown out in the 1st round???? They're still a bunch of pussssays, Duke was a fkuke ....20 more seconds and it would have been another crapout.
NIT!!!! NIT!!!!
I bet if you were in front of any of those players , you would not use the keyboard bravado you display here .
I am proud of the Canes , big show or not.

The Moon

#15 Feb 28, 2008
Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the Canes and am very proud of them also but my daughter is a Clemson Tiger so I am on the fence with this one....LOL
Understood .
Gatorsrulz

Hollywood, FL

#16 Feb 28, 2008
Ignignokt wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL . It doesn't matter either way if or not I attended UM .
The fact is , you are illiterate , and that's sad that you "obtained" a degree just by playing ball.
Also , I shall not be quiet .
No, it does matter to me, I think if you didnt attend the school or play ball at the school than you cant be as a big of a fan as those people who did those

The Moon

#17 Feb 28, 2008
Gatorsrulz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it does matter to me, I think if you didnt attend the school or play ball at the school than you cant be as a big of a fan as those people who did those
Do you really think I give an airborne act of procreation whether or not it matters to you? LOL
What if I had a child attending the school , would that make me less of a fan?
What if my sibling did? Or my parents?
Fact is , I'm a loyal fan.
One who is literate .
Lily

Boca Raton, FL

#18 Feb 28, 2008
Ignignokt wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think I give an airborne act of procreation whether or not it matters to you? LOL
What if I had a child attending the school , would that make me less of a fan?
What if my sibling did? Or my parents?
Fact is , I'm a loyal fan.
One who is literate .
I am with you. I did not attend UM but was born and raised in Dade County, so therefore, a bug fan....well only as much as my daughter allows....LOL Point being, you don't have to have any 'ties' to the school to be a fan.
rich boy

United States

#19 Feb 28, 2008
Gatorsrulz wrote:
<quoted text>
what if mommy and daddy didnt have money for me to go there
Suffering Miami Fan

Durham, NC

#20 Feb 28, 2008
Gatorsrulz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you trolling a Canes basketball thread if you were this great racist Gator football player? And, since I went not only to UM, but even got a Master's degree there, I would say that I have MORE right to talk on this thread than you do. In fact, I went to the UM versus UF football games, and don't recall seeing a little whiney brat like you on the team, unless this is Kerwin Bell. So if you can tell others to get lost, YOU get lost until you get a PhD from UM.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jack McClinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jack McClinton: Former University of Miami star... (Jun '09) Jul '09 CANESFAN 6
No time to rest for McClinton as NBA draft looms (Jun '09) Jun '09 DJ Davis 4
UM's McClinton wants fans to look past tattoos,... (Dec '08) Jun '09 UMM 17
Hurricanes, Gaels could be a perfect storm (Mar '09) Apr '09 Greg 361
National anthem sweet music to 'Canes' McClinton (Mar '09) Mar '09 mike 2
Florida advances in NIT by blasting Miami (Mar '09) Mar '09 Hunter 33
Miami beats Providence 78-66 in NIT first-round... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Hunter 31

Jack McClinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE