One shot changes the arc of UM's wild...

One shot changes the arc of UM's wild ride

There are 21 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 5, 2008, titled One shot changes the arc of UM's wild ride. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

One shot can change everything. That's basketball. It's life, really. And one shot changed everything Wednesday night - one overdue, overanxious, over-the-rainbow shot from a guy whose touch had been in the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Suffering Miami Fan

Boca Raton, FL

#1 Mar 5, 2008
Nice story. And glad to see him come back from a tough start. That shows heart, unlike some teams that fade under that kind of pressure...
canesman

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Mar 5, 2008
great write up.
Fred

Orlando, FL

#3 Mar 5, 2008
IN HAITH WE TRUST!!!
GO CANES!!!
Ben

New Orleans, LA

#4 Mar 6, 2008
Good job Coach Haith!!!

The Canes Hoops Team is on a huge up-swing for many years to come ... good recruiting for the coming years seems to develop this team into a steady force in ACC Basketball ...

Looking forward to the ACC Tourney and of course to 'March Madness'...

Go Canes!!!...
Danny

Middle River, MD

#6 Mar 6, 2008
It's a waste of time to get medicore teams like Miami into a quality tourney like the NCAA. They fool around for a game or two and are gone. I believe the tournament was better when it was 32 teams, because then they were quality teams. Miami used to be a football power and we put up with all their strutting and bragging and walking by the opponent's bench point their Number One fingers in the air. Maybe recent times have taught Miami a little football humility, so why don't they work on building a top football program again? It's going to be a long time, if ever, before Miami can consistently play basketball with the best.
Cane enable

Gainesville, FL

#7 Mar 6, 2008
Thanks Dave.

AND IT WAS ON THE TELLY VISION TOO!!!

Now we need to spank Free Shoes University or is it Fraud Scandal U

Actually we should thank FSU for the beatdown they gave us on our home court. It opened up our eyes and it made FH realize he needed to lean on his charges a little harder in practice(by his own admission). Whatever.... it seems to have worked. But lets whomp the tar out of dem Noles just on general principal.
Suffering Miami Fan

Durham, NC

#8 Mar 6, 2008
Danny wrote:
It's a waste of time to get medicore teams like Miami into a quality tourney like the NCAA. They fool around for a game or two and are gone. I believe the tournament was better when it was 32 teams, because then they were quality teams. Miami used to be a football power and we put up with all their strutting and bragging and walking by the opponent's bench point their Number One fingers in the air. Maybe recent times have taught Miami a little football humility, so why don't they work on building a top football program again? It's going to be a long time, if ever, before Miami can consistently play basketball with the best.
Wow, somebody from Maryland saying Miami is "mediocre"? Must be upset over having LOST to that mediocre team. And look at the ESPN Brackets, hater, Miami would be an 8th seed, which means (for you math impaired little crybabies) that we would be in the TOP 32! In fact, we might get into the Top 25 with a win over FSU.
kenviro

Miami, FL

#9 Mar 6, 2008
Hey Danny,
You must still be upset that Maryland lost to UM. You're not a very gracious loser, but a loser you certainly are.

Do you think an average team like the Terps should be in? You probably do.

Anyway, haters aside, congrats to Coach Haith and the Canes. They're peaking at just the right time and if they get 2 or 3 more wins (FSU and ACC Tourney) the could get a #7 seed or better. At last, something to cheer about in Miami.

GO CANES!!
haterade

Hialeah, FL

#10 Mar 6, 2008
Danny wrote:
It's a waste of time to get medicore teams like Miami into a quality tourney like the NCAA. They fool around for a game or two and are gone. I believe the tournament was better when it was 32 teams, because then they were quality teams. Miami used to be a football power and we put up with all their strutting and bragging and walking by the opponent's bench point their Number One fingers in the air. Maybe recent times have taught Miami a little football humility, so why don't they work on building a top football program again? It's going to be a long time, if ever, before Miami can consistently play basketball with the best.
keep sippin that haterade buddy, 8-8 in the ACC is not mediocre try watchin some games not just sportscenter fancy pants
Suffering Miami Fan

Durham, NC

#11 Mar 6, 2008
Danny wrote:
It's a waste of time to get medicore teams like Miami into a quality tourney like the NCAA. They fool around for a game or two and are gone. I believe the tournament was better when it was 32 teams, because then they were quality teams. Miami used to be a football power and we put up with all their strutting and bragging and walking by the opponent's bench point their Number One fingers in the air. Maybe recent times have taught Miami a little football humility, so why don't they work on building a top football program again? It's going to be a long time, if ever, before Miami can consistently play basketball with the best.
Maybe you better look at this, trollie. Even a GATOR has us as a seventh seed, and that was BEFORE the BC win.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_colle...
ATL Cane

Lawrenceville, GA

#12 Mar 6, 2008
Way to go Canes!! Now one more game. Beat the Seminoles and close out the regular season on a high note. As I said before, give Haith time. He's slowly building UM into a good, solid ACC Basketball team/school. No wonder Wake Forest wanted to pull him away after Skip Prosser passed away. From one NCarolinian to another NCarolinian, way to go Coach Haith. Bring that Tobacco road basketball to the "U". Go CANES!!!
ATL Cane

Lawrenceville, GA

#13 Mar 6, 2008
I grew up in ACC basketball country (Gboro NC) and love it when NCAA tournament time comes around. We as ACC fans should be supporting every ACC school (with the exception of Duke) to make it into the NCAA. After we beat and kill each other through our grueling ACC basketball sked, a .500 team warrants a NCAA invitation. If the Terps had a chance to make it in I would be happy because our conference would be represented well in the tournament. So grow up and show a little class Danny. The CANES definately deserve to be in the NCAA. Congrats CANES. Put up a great fight and win it all.
Sebastian the Ibis

Lakeland, FL

#14 Mar 6, 2008
Danny wrote:
It's a waste of time to get medicore teams like Miami into a quality tourney like the NCAA. They fool around for a game or two and are gone. I believe the tournament was better when it was 32 teams, because then they were quality teams. Miami used to be a football power and we put up with all their strutting and bragging and walking by the opponent's bench point their Number One fingers in the air. Maybe recent times have taught Miami a little football humility, so why don't they work on building a top football program again? It's going to be a long time, if ever, before Miami can consistently play basketball with the best.
I guess Danny the TURD didn't read about the U's #1 RECRUITING CLASS in Football or our Top 10 BASEBALL Team that Oh, by the way, has 4 National Championships to go with an NCAA record 33 straight years making the NCAA Tournament .... Get a life MD boy .. our little school may not kick butt every year ... but we have done so more than anyone else in Florida, most of the USA, and certainly Maryland !
Common Sense

United States

#15 Mar 6, 2008
Danny wrote:
It's a waste of time to get medicore teams like Miami into a quality tourney like the NCAA. They fool around for a game or two and are gone. I believe the tournament was better when it was 32 teams, because then they were quality teams. Miami used to be a football power and we put up with all their strutting and bragging and walking by the opponent's bench point their Number One fingers in the air. Maybe recent times have taught Miami a little football humility, so why don't they work on building a top football program again? It's going to be a long time, if ever, before Miami can consistently play basketball with the best.
With a win against FSU on Saturday, the Canes will be ranked in the top 25, have an RPI in the top 25, and a strength of schedule in the top 25. I guess that makes your argument moot, doesn't it.
dave hyde sux

Hollywood, FL

#16 Mar 6, 2008
Suffering Miami Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, somebody from Maryland saying Miami is "mediocre"? Must be upset over having LOST to that mediocre team. And look at the ESPN Brackets, hater, Miami would be an 8th seed, which means (for you math impaired little crybabies) that we would be in the TOP 32! In fact, we might get into the Top 25 with a win over FSU.
owned
Gatorsrulz

Hollywood, FL

#17 Mar 6, 2008
Good job canies, but like most of the nation, no one expects you guys to go anywhere in the tourney
DWade

United States

#18 Mar 6, 2008
Danny wrote:
It's a waste of time to get medicore teams like Miami into a quality tourney like the NCAA. They fool around for a game or two and are gone. I believe the tournament was better when it was 32 teams, because then they were quality teams. Miami used to be a football power and we put up with all their strutting and bragging and walking by the opponent's bench point their Number One fingers in the air. Maybe recent times have taught Miami a little football humility, so why don't they work on building a top football program again? It's going to be a long time, if ever, before Miami can consistently play basketball with the best.
don't cry cause you're not in...by the way, the canes football team is on track towards domination once again..you will be forced to see the U hold their #1 fingers in the air and strutting and bragging...you will watch and be as envious as you are now...better tell maryland to start recruting south Fla bro...can't wait to put the smack down on the terps for the next 10years or so...
Haith

United States

#19 Mar 6, 2008
we're u at? haith haters?
andy

Miami, FL

#20 Mar 6, 2008
um basketball is backi been a fan through the good and bad times of um basketball and miami is now finally back on the map. This team is a special team filled with guys that truely care about the game of basketball and play with passion day in and day out and buy into what coach haith is preaching to them. I know each and everyone of the guys on the team and they are are so humble and nice and they really are a pleasure to watch and be around. This team can go as far as they want and mark my word they will shock many people come tournament time now the buzz around the country is watch out for the canes they are a very dangerous team. Right now noone wants to play the U. Go Canes lets shock everyone around the country and continue winning.

Since: Dec 06

Saint Petersburg, FL

#21 Mar 6, 2008
andy wrote:
um basketball is backi been a fan through the good and bad times of um basketball and miami is now finally back on the map. This team is a special team filled with guys that truely care about the game of basketball and play with passion day in and day out and buy into what coach haith is preaching to them. I know each and everyone of the guys on the team and they are are so humble and nice and they really are a pleasure to watch and be around. This team can go as far as they want and mark my word they will shock many people come tournament time now the buzz around the country is watch out for the canes they are a very dangerous team. Right now noone wants to play the U. Go Canes lets shock everyone around the country and continue winning.
Absolutely. They have the heart and talent to beat any team on any given day. They could make quite a splash in the tourney. My biggest concern is their inconsistency in the level of their play, which also means that they can lose to even lesser teams. Hopefully they'll keep it all together and get far into the tourney.

Next year they are going to be scary good. They keep their core nucleus, and have a top-notch, very highly rated, forward coming in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jack McClinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jack McClinton: Former University of Miami star... (Jun '09) Jul '09 CANESFAN 6
News No time to rest for McClinton as NBA draft looms (Jun '09) Jun '09 DJ Davis 4
News UM's McClinton wants fans to look past tattoos,... (Dec '08) Jun '09 UMM 17
News Hurricanes, Gaels could be a perfect storm (Mar '09) Apr '09 Greg 361
News National anthem sweet music to 'Canes' McClinton (Mar '09) Mar '09 mike 2
News Florida advances in NIT by blasting Miami (Mar '09) Mar '09 Hunter 33
News Miami beats Providence 78-66 in NIT first-round... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Hunter 31
More from around the web