Ellington torches 'Canes

Ellington torches 'Canes

There are 4 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Ellington torches 'Canes. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

One player can't really beat you, but it sure had to feel that way to Miami on Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

lll

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Jan 18, 2009
gg to watch go canes!

“Beyond all comprehension”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon

#2 Jan 18, 2009
Tough loss , Ellington was on fire .
Tarheels were tough . Keep playing hard Canes .

Go Canes !!
hotnuke

New York, NY

#4 Jan 19, 2009
Frank Haith Has To Go

I'm sorry. While Frank Haith is a DEFINITE recruiting plus, as an in-game coach he is pure GARBAGE. No matter what kind of talent he assembles, this man will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER get the 'Canes into the Final Four, let alone a National Championship. Anyone who's watched Miami melt down in numerous games this guy has coached can see that. I've never in my life seen a guy who seems so unbelievably helpless and deer in the headlights struck when his team starts blowing it. Instead of calling timely timeouts to calm his team down with a quick bit of wisdom and strategy, he just sits there watching the meltdown happen. And when the 'Canes melt down, they REALLY meltdown. They go from a fantabulous team, to a team that makes you want to puke inside of a heartbeat. This game against NC was just the latest example. They were playing awesomely, and then it all started to melt down. Instead of playing as a team, they began to stand around as the player with the ball ran isos. NO MOVEMENT WITHOUT THE BALL WAS SEEN. Did Haith call a time out and get his players to start moving without the ball, setting screens and opening up players for good offensive opportunities? Nope, just sat on his heels with a [email protected]@ look on his face. Oh, and the fact he didn't call a timeout IMMEDIATELY following NC's last shot before the half (with 4.7 seconds left on the clock as the ball went through the hoop), and instead allowed the clock to simply tick off, is the mark of a totally clueless moron. I say Haith needs to go. We need a head coach that can NOT ONLY recruit, but can actually coach his team during a game.
Al E Gator

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Jan 19, 2009
Canes bb is going the way of football

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jack McClinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jack McClinton: Former University of Miami star... (Jun '09) Jul '09 CANESFAN 6
News No time to rest for McClinton as NBA draft looms (Jun '09) Jun '09 DJ Davis 4
News UM's McClinton wants fans to look past tattoos,... (Dec '08) Jun '09 UMM 17
News Hurricanes, Gaels could be a perfect storm (Mar '09) Apr '09 Greg 361
News National anthem sweet music to 'Canes' McClinton (Mar '09) Mar '09 mike 2
News Florida advances in NIT by blasting Miami (Mar '09) Mar '09 Hunter 33
News Miami beats Providence 78-66 in NIT first-round... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Hunter 31
More from around the web