'Canes dumped early in ACC tourney: NCAAs doubtful

University of Miami Hurricanes forward Jack McClinton drives in for a shot while being defened. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mud fish

Hialeah, FL

#1 Mar 12, 2009
Yeah..well..they sucked anyway. Had no business going to the big time tournament. Canes lightyears away from being serious ACC contenders. McClinton was a fluke...Canes don't normally get such talent.
bullgator

Boca Raton, FL

#2 Mar 12, 2009
I watched this game and the Canes were out of it right from the start with poor shooting.....McClinton had almost as many turnovers as he did points....

They'll be in the NIT...(along with my beloved Gators probably..)
PC This

Pompano Beach, FL

#3 Mar 12, 2009
Too bad...
Coram Cane

New York, NY

#4 Mar 12, 2009
We certianly do not deserve to be in the tourney. Overall I would say it was a dissapointing season. Expectations were much higher than the result, given the experience on the team.
Dolfan Rob

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Mar 12, 2009
What a disappointing season. Great expectations after a superb opening month, then McClinton seemed to lose focus.

Can only imagine how the program would have grown if Leonard never left the Canes to coach the Wizards.
Co_canes

Winter Park, FL

#6 Mar 12, 2009
Lets all get in the 305 hip hop wagon and head to the crib.
mud fish

Hialeah, FL

#7 Mar 12, 2009
Dolfan Rob wrote:
What a disappointing season. Great expectations after a superb opening month, then McClinton seemed to lose focus.
I think it was more of opponents shutting him down and nobody else stepping up. Collins disappeared...thought he was gonna be the big stud???
JUDGE DREDD

Pompano Beach, FL

#8 Mar 12, 2009
Every year it's the same old Schn^t. Kozimoto recruits a bunch of skinny pussays with no heart who can't play and they proceed to embarass the school and the ACC. NIT NIT NIT. 1 and done when they play the stinkin lousy greyturds. Fire the little putz or drop the sport, The guy on the other bench should have been here.
Klato

Pompano Beach, FL

#9 Mar 12, 2009
Dolfan Rob wrote:
Can only imagine how the program would have grown if Leonard never left the Canes to coach the Wizards.
Superb opening Month???? They played all cupcakes and the Little Sisters of the Poor.

If I was AD they'd have to thumb they're way back.
eger1

San Antonio, TX

#10 Mar 12, 2009
Typical..
Ben

United States

#11 Mar 12, 2009
It became clear again that the team was not prepared to play, and that Haith got outcoached once again ... what a poor display of a BB-program that was far overrated to begin with ... they did not deserve a spot to Dance, as they outcome would have been similar as today - a disgusting out in the 1st round ... actually, the should decline an invite to the NIT if they get one, as this team definitely does not deserve post-season play ... and again, the whole coaching staff really sucks, as they don't seem to prepare and motivate the team correctly - it's so disappointing!
Choke Dog

Clayton, NC

#12 Mar 12, 2009
The big men did not come to play today and we were killed on the offensive end from inside out. The defense played horrible not rotating and leaving men wide open. It didn't help that J Mc was hobbled by a sore knee. We stunk!
This is Coach Haith's team and they played like this all season. No McClinton no win! We should be better than this with as much talent the press say we have. What happened? He alone is held accoutable for the dissapointing way this team played today and all year.
Walter Odom

United States

#13 Mar 12, 2009
Forget about basketball. How about Shannon lying about the circumstances of my death!!
Gatoralum

Hollywood, FL

#14 Mar 12, 2009
What a pitiful bunch of loser bums scumbagg idiots the canes and there fans are...go to hell

“Beyond all comprehension”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon

#15 Mar 12, 2009
Unfortunately , McClinton had little support at the end of the season .
Gatoralum wrote:
What a pitiful bunch of loser bums scumbagg idiots the canes and there fans are...go to hell
Absolutely nothing you say has any relevance , and you expose your lack of intellect each and every time you post .
baseballcoach07

Pompano Beach, FL

#16 Mar 12, 2009
Can somebody teach Jimmy Graham how to shot a free throw? He's worse than Shaq.
baseballcoach07

Pompano Beach, FL

#17 Mar 12, 2009
Gatoralum wrote:
I seriously doubt you are a Gator alum. If you are, your content and grammar is a disgrace to UF. I respect UF as an educational institution, unless you are a true alum, then I need to reevaluate my thinking. Your worthless posts are getting old. Do all us Canes fans a favor and stay off UM posts. Go play with your UF friends, if you can find any.
Ron

United States

#18 Mar 12, 2009
at Miami we build our programs on hype not mite. Don't expect much in the future. Championships are in the past for all of our major programs. The past is not present in the future; but we will lead the nation in hype.
Max

West Jefferson, NC

#19 Mar 13, 2009
According to many credible sources at the time, the Canes could have had Calipari (Memphis) instead of Haith. But Shalala made it clear only coaches of one skin color would be considered.
Robert

Pompano Beach, FL

#20 Mar 13, 2009
Hahahahahahaha
Go Canes, lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jack McClinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jack McClinton: Former University of Miami star... (Jun '09) Jul '09 CANESFAN 6
No time to rest for McClinton as NBA draft looms (Jun '09) Jun '09 DJ Davis 4
UM's McClinton wants fans to look past tattoos,... (Dec '08) Jun '09 UMM 17
Hurricanes, Gaels could be a perfect storm (Mar '09) Apr '09 Greg 361
National anthem sweet music to 'Canes' McClinton (Mar '09) Mar '09 mike 2
Florida advances in NIT by blasting Miami (Mar '09) Mar '09 Hunter 33
Miami beats Providence 78-66 in NIT first-round... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Hunter 31
More from around the web