Hurricanes, Gaels could be a perfect ...

Hurricanes, Gaels could be a perfect storm

There are 361 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 16, 2008, titled Hurricanes, Gaels could be a perfect storm. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Here's the best thing about the NCAA Tournament : You can turn it into whatever you want.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 19
Next Last
william

AOL

#48 Mar 16, 2009
NO WAY!
What you propose is too costly. Cutler is an above average quaterback with a gun but throws many interceptions. His attitude seems to be a problem....team before player is a concept apparently foreign to him!
Elliott

Mesa, AZ

#49 Mar 16, 2009
Giving both our QB's is more than enough for Cutler. Giving them our 1st pick as well would be nothing less than madness.
James

North Billerica, MA

#50 Mar 16, 2009
are you sick, chad, chad and a first round pick for a guy who wants to get taded, how about a third and a conditional!
mek

Tyrone, PA

#51 Mar 16, 2009
He isn't THAT good. He's made quite a few bonehead plays for a four-year player at key times in games. He was saved by the refs in the Charger game. If we were going the spread three receiver offense, then great. Parcell's builds power running teams, not passing teams. Just look at the personnel we have. This would not be a good move for Miami at all. Just not the right QB for the direction this team is building. Henne will be a solid starter for us when Chad breaks down. No need for Jay here. You're reaching for a shiny toy, like a cat with no attention span if you think this looks good.

Since: Jun 07

Gainesville, GA

#52 Mar 17, 2009
First of all, just because he WANTS to be traded, doesnt mean he will, ALA Chad Johnson of last year. 2nd. Trading 2 QB's for him? AND a 1st round pick? When has PARCELLS ever wanted to get RIPPED OFF!
3rd, the fact the guy is crying like s little baby over his coaching staff, trying what they thought would be an upgrade, to trade for a guy who KNOWS Josh Mcdaniels system, is understandable, but it didnt happen. The guy should calm down, and just PLAY.
4th. Do we want to train another QB in a system he doesnt know after winnign 11 games and the division, durring a year when the sqedule is going to be very TOUGH, and this would be the 1st year in a long time, we have the SAME offencivr system, the SAME defencive sytem in back to back years! WHY screw that up by bringing in a QB that doesnt know it? We have our QB of the future, in Henne, His back up in Beck, and next years starter in Pennington. Why get Greedy and blow up what we have for 1 talented Crybaby?
Mike

Dunnigan, CA

#53 Mar 17, 2009
Jay Cutler is a Cancer to any team Just ask the Broncos. I would not wan or let him on my team much less clean my toilet with his tongue, He cries throws tantrums like a 2 year old toddler
Mike

Dunnigan, CA

#54 Mar 17, 2009
Simply put cutler is a little bytch
Mike

Dunnigan, CA

#55 Mar 17, 2009
I would not trade a pile of monkey crap for cutler considering that is exactly what he is A STEAMY PILE
jsm

Lincoln, NE

#56 Mar 17, 2009
Million dollar arm with a 10 cent head.

You could put up good numbers playing in the AFC West, Dave.
Dennis

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#57 Mar 17, 2009
The guy is a type 1 diabetic which is very hard. His playing career could possibly be limited because of the disease. He's very good and young QB but with the disease I wouldn't take any chances.
Dave is a moron

Brookhaven, PA

#59 Mar 17, 2009
Can anyone say Jeff George? This guy is upset about being part of trade talks like he's untouchable or something. Exactly where has Denver gotten with him? Nowhere please do not bring him to Miami, he has the talent but is short on brain power, just look at some of the stupid mistakes he makes at crucial points in any game. Stats are for morons so Dave you and Jay would make a great team. Me i'd rather have Jay and Silent Bob than this Jeff George clone.
Jay Cutler

Rockville, MD

#60 Mar 17, 2009
What can I say, my feelings were hurt
Lasarte

Guilford, CT

#61 Mar 17, 2009
Agreed. Pennington has done a great job with the offense and, under his tutelage, our young receivers had developed into very good hands receivers.
That being said, guys like Ginn and Bess have another facet to their game - playing the long ball, that Chad is not going to take advantage of.
Cutler, in this system, could become an even more responsible QB. He's got the arm and the question than becomes - can the Fins afford to let this guy go to the Jets or Bills?
If he does, it can be argued that the fins will have dropped to #3 in the AFC east (especially on the Bills, which has two great WR's).
RLW

Morganton, NC

#62 Mar 17, 2009
Henne was a second round pick.
Reb

Hollywood, FL

#63 Mar 17, 2009
So here comes the ever off point Dave Hyde, sports hack. He writes for the Ft. Lauderdale newspaper. What does he write about? DENVER'S football players and coach. Cutler plays in DENVER. Our Miami Dolphin QB is not newsworthy enough for him. Cutler went to College at VANDERBUILT IN TENNESSEE. Our Miami Hurricanes are in Spring training now, and are not worthy of his covering it for LOCAL FANS. One of these days we are going to read the words: "This is my final article for this Bankrupt newspaper." THAT is my favorite day.

“WHY NOT US!!!”

Since: Feb 08

north miami beach

#64 Mar 17, 2009
It aint gonna happen here... Watch for Tennanbaum to give away all this years picks for, typical Jets move. With all the FAs they acquired the past 2 years who needs fresh young talent. one more INT prone QB will put them well on their way...AAAAAAAAAGHT...GO PHINS!!!
JimJ

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#65 Mar 17, 2009
Maybe I'm in a minority here, but I don't understand what the big deal is about getting Jay Cutler. Chad Penninton is the Dolphins QB for today. He's shown that he's competent and capable of leading this team.
Yes Chad Henne hasn't proven himself. That's because he hasn't played alot. Do you know anything about his career at Michigan? How he was a successful QB almost from day one as a freshmen? That happened because not only does he have ability and intelligence, he's also a leader. He can be the leader of this team for ten years or more.
Oh, and did you forget what the Dolphins did to Jay Cutler last season? I'm sure Bill Parcells and Tony Sparano haven't. Jay Cutler hasn't proven himself in Denver. Why would you you want him here?
Michael Alexander

Staten Island, NY

#66 Mar 17, 2009
Lasarte wrote:
Agreed. Pennington has done a great job with the offense and, under his tutelage, our young receivers had developed into very good hands receivers.
That being said, guys like Ginn and Bess have another facet to their game - playing the long ball, that Chad is not going to take advantage of.
Cutler, in this system, could become an even more responsible QB. He's got the arm and the question than becomes - can the Fins afford to let this guy go to the Jets or Bills?
If he does, it can be argued that the fins will have dropped to #3 in the AFC east (especially on the Bills, which has two great WR's).
The Dolphins don't need Jay Cutler they have Chad Henne. I respect writers having an opinion but this one from Hyde is just creative off season writing without any substance. Henne has the arm to get deep. The Dolphins beat Cutler and the Broncos last season. You want to bring that hot headed kid to Miami just because he can throw the ball deep. Moreover give up good draft choices that will help build the defense. It will never happen. Cutler has not won anything, not even a playoff game. In my opinion Henne will be the Dolphins starting QB this season.
cheekychap

Jacksonville, FL

#67 Mar 17, 2009
I swear...

that the editors of the Miami papers must require you to write about the Dolphins everyday, even though there is nothing going on in the off season. Why?

Because who in their right mind would trade our two quarterbacks for one who shouldn't have made the Pro Bowl (Pennington should have) and has a losing record without going to the playoffs. Dave, tell your editors to lay off, because you can't REALLY be serious.
tom at jax

Jacksonville, FL

#68 Mar 17, 2009
You have got to be kidding. What has Cutler ever won? He completely fell apart last year. OH, and the pro bowl, he threw the interceptions that cost his team the game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jack McClinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jack McClinton: Former University of Miami star... (Jun '09) Jul '09 CANESFAN 6
News No time to rest for McClinton as NBA draft looms (Jun '09) Jun '09 DJ Davis 4
News UM's McClinton wants fans to look past tattoos,... (Dec '08) Jun '09 UMM 17
News National anthem sweet music to 'Canes' McClinton (Mar '09) Mar '09 mike 2
News Florida advances in NIT by blasting Miami (Mar '09) Mar '09 Hunter 33
News Miami beats Providence 78-66 in NIT first-round... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Hunter 31
News Gators to tangle with Hurricanes in NIT meeting (Mar '09) Mar '09 FSUMom 2
More from around the web