Evans not a Terp yet

Evans not a Terp yet

There are 45 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from May 8, 2008, titled Evans not a Terp yet. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Tyree Evans, a sweet-shooting, 23-year-old recruit with a history of legal troubles, signed with the University of Maryland last month but can't be admitted until a disciplinary office reviews his criminal ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mike- nottingham

Baltimore, MD

#50 May 9, 2008
What Williams and his backers don't mention is that the UofM is a PUBLIC University which means the scholarship money comes from the taxpayers. Why should they have to pay to send this convicted felon to the Uof M, not to get an education, which everybody knows won't happen, but just to play basketball. If Williams thinks he needs this kid so much then since Williams is a millionaire , let him set up a charitable trust with his own money to pay for the kid's tuition instead of sticking the taxpayers ( already overburdened by O'Malley) with the bill.
playersvoice

Elkridge, MD

#51 May 9, 2008
Byron Mouton talks about Gary Williams and the state of Terps basketball
www.playersvoice.com
ED BONA

Stratford, CT

#52 May 12, 2008
HE MUST BE A PUNK. GET RID OF GARY. HE IS A LOSER ANYHOW. bASKETBALL IS AN ACTIVITY THAT NEEDS TO BE EARBED/ MY SON,WHO HAS A MASTERS AND DAUGHTER A CPA WERE BOTH DENIED ADMISSION AND I AM A GRAD OF THE U. REALLY A JOKE ANYMORE AND I LOVE SPORTS BUT LET GET REAL
DarNel

Santa Barbara, CA

#53 May 12, 2008
HRC wrote:
Just a wild guess.
<quoted text>
Hillbilly, Redneck, Cable Guy.
Bulldogs 79

United States

#55 May 23, 2008
Just wanted to comment that I went to George Wythe High in Richmond, VA, and watched Tyree's basketball career begin and end there. In reading one of the posts it said that he had an "entourage" in high school. What kid wouldn't have one if he was one of the top players in the state in scoring behind Moses Malone and Allen Iverson? He was a magnificant player to watch. Actually attendance at the games were increased because of him. Most kids don't know how to handle the success he has experienced, as well as adults, but I feel they should give him a chance to prove his ability, as well as his academics. All I can say is Maryland's loss is another school's gain. Go Bulldogs!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greivis Vasquez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What's it with Maryland-North Carolina games an... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Veener 1
News Team motivated after it is left unranked in the... (Nov '10) Nov '10 richard abramson 2
News Terps launch season of change at Maryland Madness (Oct '10) Oct '10 NCSHADOW 1
News A three, and out (Mar '10) Mar '10 jamie 1
News Maryland-Houston features battle of top guards (Mar '10) Mar '10 riverlanding 1
News Maryland's Vasquez: 'I have to be crazy' (Jan '10) Mar '10 Dont Cry Dookie 2
News Maryland, Vasquez make it work (Dec '09) Dec '09 Milbourne sparks ... 1
More from around the web