Vasquez playing on point

Vasquez playing on point

There are 11 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Feb 13, 2008, titled Vasquez playing on point. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

What Greivis Vasquez faces on the road is no different from what he gets at home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

SevernDave

Fort George G Meade, MD

#1 Feb 13, 2008
This was a very encouraging article to read. I've been VERY critical of Vasquez and his out-of-control, ball-hogging style of play. If he continues to get himself under control and play more like he has in the last 2 games, this team will be MUCH better!! Especially down the stretch.
freestater

Roanoke, VA

#2 Feb 13, 2008
Hopefully the MD fans who have been so critical of Vasquez will realize how truly lucky we are to have such a talented player before he finishes his time at MD. Progress never occurs in a straight line. You will have peaks and valleys, but while Vasquez's valleys are frustrating, his peaks are astonishing. When all is said and done he may be one of MD's best.
A Graybeard Terps Fan

Metairie, LA

#3 Feb 13, 2008
I've blown hot and cold on Vasquez. Give him time, I said to naysayers early on, only to leap onto their bandwagon when his play became maddeningly erratic. I thought he was uncoachable. Talk about the treachery of snap judgments. The kid is good, with the potential to be great. So color me mercurial and challenge my fanhood.

I've got a good feeling about tonight's game. The player that makes me nervous is Singler--his outside shot, his ballhandling, and his quickness will present matchup problems for the Terps. Nelson and Henderson are a handful, too, and Paulus has matured. Still, I'm guardedly optimistic, provided the Terps handle the rock and don't get flustered by Duke's smothering defense.
bill

Washington, DC

#4 Feb 13, 2008
greives, please read this:

WE LOVE YOU! SURE WE GET FRUSTRATED WITH TURNOVERS...BUT REAL MD FANS KNOW HOW HARD YOU PLAY AND HOW MUCH YOU CARE ABOUT GARY AND THE PROGRAM...WE LOVE YOU! AND REMEMBER, MANY IDIOTIC MD FANS DIDN'T BELIEVE IN JUAN OR STEVE BLAKE EITHER.

GARY GARY GARY GARY GARY!

GO MARYLAND!
Joe Mess

Baltimore, MD

#5 Feb 13, 2008
Yo Greives, forget the idiot fans and stick the ball right down DOOKS throat..you rock dude!!!
Pat York Co PA

AOL

#6 Feb 13, 2008
Bill of Rockville-------
I second your message to Greives. I have been a fan of his all season and am very glad he is a TERP. Show your talent tonight and we will be on our way to great things.
Go TERPS!
Jimbo

AOL

#7 Feb 13, 2008
Vasquez is crazier than h+++. He is not as skilled as we all are thinking now. Trust me ..he is a heartbreak kid
Jimbo

AOL

#8 Feb 13, 2008
confirmed got his points on 22 shots but did not run the offense thru the post thus we lose ditto when he did 28 against American run the offense and Terps win tonite also hayes and milbourne looked star struck
Rob

Washington, DC

#9 Feb 14, 2008
Outside of Vasquez and Osby, the rest of the team was either tentative or off their games. I can't see how you can blame Vasquez for wanting to take over offensively. Without his good performance we never cut the lead to 2 and we lose by 30. You really have no clue.
Jimbo

AOL

#10 Feb 14, 2008
Demarcus Nelson on Greivis Vasquez:

"If you could read my mind, I might be in trouble... It's more about himself than his team. That's something, I guess, they allow in their locker room."
Samuel

AOL

#11 Feb 14, 2008
"When Greivis Vasquez came out for the second half last night, he and some fans at courtside started getting into some trash-talking and posturing. Vasquez was warned by one of the game officials, John Cahill, to stop gesturing to the crowd. Cahill later had to calm Vasquez down after the sophomore guard complained about a call." Classless! Do we want our student athletes to behave like this?
GV even utters blake and dixon are in same class as him..wrong! one blake would have decked paulus doing this game and run the offense and Dixon would have been Dixon. GV is a gilchrist that won't leave early and we will stayed pained another two years

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greivis Vasquez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What's it with Maryland-North Carolina games an... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Veener 1
News Team motivated after it is left unranked in the... (Nov '10) Nov '10 richard abramson 2
News Terps launch season of change at Maryland Madness (Oct '10) Oct '10 NCSHADOW 1
News A three, and out (Mar '10) Mar '10 jamie 1
News Maryland-Houston features battle of top guards (Mar '10) Mar '10 riverlanding 1
News Maryland's Vasquez: 'I have to be crazy' (Jan '10) Mar '10 Dont Cry Dookie 2
News Maryland, Vasquez make it work (Dec '09) Dec '09 Milbourne sparks ... 1
More from around the web