Vasquez answers critics

Vasquez answers critics

There are 9 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Feb 12, 2008, titled Vasquez answers critics. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

What Greivis Vasquez faces on the road is no different from what he gets at home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

RON MEXICO

Westminster, MD

#1 Feb 12, 2008
vasquez at the one is like watching dixon handle the ball. SCARY. Gary should make him the two, his natural position because hayes sets the offense better is more settling and doesn't shoot. Vasquez as the point guard still shoots more than most anyone on the team with a bad percentage to boot.
schlomo

Ann Arbor, MI

#2 Feb 12, 2008
Many miles to go before any celebrations, OK!
Rob

Potomac, MD

#3 Feb 12, 2008
Vasquez is averaging nearly 8 assists per game. I don't know what's so scary about that. He has been nearly flawless in his last two games. As I've said all along, he's the best player on the team.
Southern MD Joe

AOL

#4 Feb 12, 2008
No one tries harder than vasques.leave him aloneeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Southern Maryland redneck

Belleville, MI

#5 Feb 12, 2008
Hey John AOL! You got your own article! Telling Vasquez to go back to Venezuela man, that's you the article is talking about. You must be a very proud bigot. You might as well be with the dookies tomorrow night, because you're no Terp fan. You are very conspicuous by your absence on this thread. Where is all of your racist ranting against Vasquez now?
gratefulben

Harpers Ferry, WV

#6 Feb 12, 2008
aw jeepers, what were you doing when you were a sophomore point guard on a young team with only one player with real experience (gist)? come on. you're a terp fan. remember all the criticism of blake and dixon during their sophomore years? of course you don't. imagine if others shared such a positive outlook.
Texas Terp

Houston, TX

#7 Feb 13, 2008
Whatever problems Vasquez has---and he has plenty---I'd say they're the RIGHT problems for a Gary Williams coached team.

He's always up-tempo, sometimes to a fault. Same with his aggressiveness and its occasional overconfidence. Well I say it's been better to calm him down than it would have been to charge up a skilled but laconic player. And haven't we had plenty of that since the national championship?

Placing Vasquez at the one spot was brilliant. It's forced him to calm down, and it's brought the team's tempo up. And look at the quality of the assists, not just the number. We're FINALLY feeding the low post on a consistent basis, and looking good doing it! Hell this is the first time in years I haven't held my breath watching Maryland enter into it's half-court set.

I agree Vasquez is still capable of turning the ball over a little too readily. I wish he didn't feel like he had to take so many threes. But I'll take that in exchange for his intensity, his athleticism, and his leadership.

Duck Fuke!
I hate the Fairyland

Dallas, TX

#8 Feb 14, 2008
STFU, Duke beat Fairyland, ha ha ha. Duke reigns alone in the ACC. The turdpins suck!!!
Twerpins Hater

Dallas, TX

#9 Feb 14, 2008
Vasquez is typical Fairyland trash, a punk a*s thug bit*ch. He should go back to what ever third world cess pool he came from. You Fairyland idiots should love him, he's just like you all. No brains all mouth.

Muck Fairyland

Duke owns you, lol...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greivis Vasquez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What's it with Maryland-North Carolina games an... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Veener 1
News Team motivated after it is left unranked in the... (Nov '10) Nov '10 richard abramson 2
News Terps launch season of change at Maryland Madness (Oct '10) Oct '10 NCSHADOW 1
News A three, and out (Mar '10) Mar '10 jamie 1
News Maryland-Houston features battle of top guards (Mar '10) Mar '10 riverlanding 1
News Maryland's Vasquez: 'I have to be crazy' (Jan '10) Mar '10 Dont Cry Dookie 2
News Maryland, Vasquez make it work (Dec '09) Dec '09 Milbourne sparks ... 1
More from around the web