Duke haters are a few years too late

Duke haters are a few years too late

There are 22 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 27, 2009, titled Duke haters are a few years too late. In it, Newsday reports that:

Still hate Duke, do you? Here's my question to you, then, after watching one of the worst shooting performances ever by a Sweet 16 team against Villanova Thursday night: Why? Unless you're reading this from Chapel Hill, you're wasting your time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Questioner

Hudson, NH

#24 May 1, 2009
McClure is godawful? Did you watch any of the games in which he was a rebounding machine (including on the offensive glass) and defended the other teams' best player? I guess not. Just because he was told not to shoot the ball - for pretty good reasons - didn't make him a bad player; he did exactly what the coaching staff asked of him. But I agree that Miles Plumlee should have gotten more playing time early in the season to set him up for some late season minutes. Some of the PT that went to Zoubek should have gone to him.
Andy wrote:
I agree that duke's coaching is overrated. But If Singler and Henderson stay duke will be loaded next year. Paulus and McClure graduate this year which will help immensely because both hurt duke when they are on the court. McClure is godawful. Why does he play ahead of Miles Plumlee? He should never see the floor. Plus duke is getting two 6'10" top tier recruits to bolster the middle. Add Seth Curry to the mix in 2 years along with Josh Hairston and Andre Dawkins still with Nolan Smith and Elliot Williams, Duke should have enough talent to overcome K's lack of in-game coaching ability
Boredstiff

Brentwood, NY

#25 May 1, 2009
Joe wrote:
Brazil's President said something that is more relevant to the Duke Basketball team than to global bankers. Duke has not moved past Final 16 since they started recruiting too many suburban white boys..they need to go back to the 2001 team and get some good solid black players in the line up. That is what NC does. Until Duke favors white boys over the ghetto kids, it is not going to make past the Final 16. This is not a biased statement but this based on evidence since 2003.
And look the other way at at HS GPA's of 1.8, multiple arrests and SAT scores of 700 like UNC does?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greg Paulus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Men's basketball: Ohio State assistant resigns ... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Clint 14
News Ohio State men's basketball: Most of nonconfere... (Jun '11) Jun '11 argus 14
News Former Duke guard joins OSU men's basketball st... (May '11) Jun '11 Chicago buckeye 3
News Ohio State men's basketball program hires Paulu... (May '11) May '11 argus 6
News Dick Vitale Pays Tribute to Greg Paulus (May '09) May '09 abigdogdad 1
News Arthur Staple: Duke haters are too late (May '09) May '09 Larry 4
News No mistaking Duke's mystique (Mar '09) Mar '09 Its Like This 17
More from around the web