Research shows white players lacking on recent Final Four baske...

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

College basketball teams can thrive with white players. But the odds of a team cutting down the nets at the Final Four aren't good if that team is stocked with a bunch of white guys, Orlando Sentinel research shows.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of56
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Imperial Wizard

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

This is COMPLETELY unacceptable!
UncommonSense

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

They should be forced to have a percentage of white boys, just like businesses are forced to hire minorities even if they can't play or work
voncracker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

Look no further than predominantly white universities such as Georgetown and UConn to see that they do not recruit white talent. John Thompson was one of the biggest racist coaches in NCAA history
Pat Garrity

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

I doubt that the results of this research are a shock to anyone that truly knows the game of basketball. You might recall the greatest "white" basketball player of all time, Larry Bird, making a similar sentiment. The same would be true of college and NFL football teams that feature white defensive backs, running backs or wide receivers. Only an idiot would consistently start a white player at any of these positions.
Central Floridians need to continue to support our local white players. The perfect and most obvious example is the way we react whenever JJ Redick touches the basketball. These players are like white pop singers (Backstreet Boys, Nsync, etc.) very special talents.
Delusionole

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

Thanks for the stupid article.
Matthew Abaddon

Cocoa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

JJ is everything that is wrong with white america
More Me

Winter Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

Sentinel exclusive? What's next under the Sentinel exclusive banner? Pope is Catholic? Sun rises in east? Tiger Woods is a great golfer?

I cannot wait for the next Sentinel exclusive. I am sure it will contain as much ground-breaking news!
Liberal Racists

Port Orange, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

Whites are too busy reigning as heavyweight boxing champs to bother with basketball.
Pablo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

This is one of the stupidest articles I have ever read. False intellectualism at its finest.
Bill

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

Whites play real manly sports like Hockey, while blacks play lazy sports like Basketball.
thatguy

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

Judged:

While the content is somewhat obvious, it's nice to see someone discuss this issue. I remember a few years ago when the Braves didn't have a single black player on their roster and certain groups were up in arms. Where is the outrage now?
Republicans Have No Honor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

For those saying that the article is stupid, you might want to tell us WHY you think it's stupid...
Vel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

guess what? THERE ARE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN BLACKS AND WHITES, and some of us are afraid to acknowledge it. but it is TRUE. we may be equal under the law but there are differences from race to race.
Davis

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

Judged:

Wow! If a similar story was done about black athletes, the liberals, jesse jackson, Al sharpton, the Aclu, MLK, jr, SNCC, ACorn, and Pelosi would be demanding a retraction, apology, and someone's job.
I thought we weren't supposed to stereotype..or does that only go one way? I know I didn't use caps in some places....too lazy and I don't respect any of those names.
Sunshine

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

Judged:

You can bet Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson would be DEMANDING to know why the blacks were in a minority on athletic teams at any level if it were that way! There are certainly more Million $$ black athletes than any white ones ...and they don't even have to have an education.
NoShit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

Judged:

Wait, someone actually did 'research' to figure this out? What did that research consist of, turning on a television? This just in: after extensive research I have come to the conclusion that the sky is blue.
Delusionole

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

Republicans Have No Honor wrote:
For those saying that the article is stupid, you might want to tell us WHY you think it's stupid...
Obviously it will be pointless based on your question, but here goes....because it's common knowledge and I expect more from a "sports" column.
magicact07

Lake Wales, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

Davis wrote:
Wow! If a similar story was done about black athletes, the liberals, jesse jackson, Al sharpton, the Aclu, MLK, jr, SNCC, ACorn, and Pelosi would be demanding a retraction, apology, and someone's job.
I thought we weren't supposed to stereotype..or does that only go one way? I know I didn't use caps in some places....too lazy and I don't respect any of those names.
Well said! You beat me to it..
Hey Orlando Sentinel, How about an article about BLACK Miss America, The BLACK Movie Awards, BLACK Entertainment Tv, the United NEGRO College Fund, BLACK history month, BLACK bike week, ect.ect.ect.?? Because you would be dubbed a racist for bringing up how discriminating this is, would be my guess. Jessie-racist pri*k-Jackson would be banging down the front door of someones house who ever thought of starting anything with the word "WHITE" in it.

“Sharing View Points”

Since: Feb 07

Deltona, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

Judged:

Whoops...i joined the wrong thread; I am hispanic. Go Magic.
Light Skined Negro

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

The white athlete is a dying breed. They are not as fast or strong as minority athletes. Blacks control not only basketball, but football too. Good white running backs are nonexistent, and top white receivers are extremely rare. Hispanics are taking over baseball. In another 50 years, the white athletes will be gone, never to be seen again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of56
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Goran Suton Discussions

Search the Goran Suton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Michigan State basketball creates a bond for life (Mar '10) Mar '10 Alec 1
Ita s now Waltona s world: MSU senior guard ste... (Sep '09) Sep '09 doc rivers 1
Big Ten basketball appears strong for next season (Apr '09) Apr '09 pdx marc 1
Breaking down the Final Four (Mar '09) Apr '09 Timster 6
Michigan State's Goran Suton blossoms at right ... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Timster 2
MSU's story concludes with ugly ending (Apr '09) Apr '09 Stuey 1
MSU hopes it can celebrate next season (Apr '09) Apr '09 finalreport 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••