Osby stepping up for Terps

Full story: Baltimore Sun

Bambale Osby, go-to guy? In his much traveled college basketball career, the Maryland senior has typically played the same role, one revolving around physicality rather than finesse, defense and rebounding ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
NoahD

Warren, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

Did you proofread this before you submitted it. I'm pretty sure the game is tomorrow, Wed, Jan 30 and not tonight as is stated in the article.
"I've always thought I was a good [offensive] player, but my teammates did a good job of looking for me today," Osby, who is averaged 11.5 points, said after hitting six of nine shots against the Blue Devils. "[I'll do] whatever's necessary. Today I had to score."
I think you meant averaging...
Jim

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

I'm glad to see Bambale Osby get the credit and recognition he deserves. He's incredibly strong, very passionate and has been banking in some nice shots over the past several games. The Terps have been fun to watch this year. Osby and Gist dominate the in paint against any team in the country.
Peanut

Hamptonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

Boomer Bambale reminds me off Baby Bull /Wes Unseld when he was a young up and comer. Go Bambale,you make watching the Terps tolerable.P.S. to Gary,get Vasquez under control or sit his butt down for a few minutes,he cost us the Duke game big time,
ryan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

If everybody on the Terps had Boom's mentality, this team would be tough to beat. Love watching this guy play and get the most out of his talent.
Terpsfan

Towson, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

NoahD wrote:
Did you proofread this before you submitted it. I'm pretty sure the game is tomorrow, Wed, Jan 30 and not tonight as is stated in the article.
"I've always thought I was a good [offensive] player, but my teammates did a good job of looking for me today," Osby, who is averaged 11.5 points, said after hitting six of nine shots against the Blue Devils. "[I'll do] whatever's necessary. Today I had to score."
You are right about the "averaging" mistake, however, the article explicitly states the game against Virginia is tomorrow. Review the article and quit being so critical of the writer.
Rich

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

He'll play in the NBA...no doubt about it...how much, I don't know, but he'll play....GO BOOM!
Stu

Chesapeake Beach, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

NoahD wrote:
Dude, did you really read the article first? If grammar smack is the best you can do, then at least get it right! The article clearly states "Osby, who is averaging 11.5 points," and "Osby figures prominently in Maryland's game plan tomorrow against Virginia at Comcast Center." as well as "Virginia coach Dave Leitao knows what's in store for his Cavaliers tomorrow." So where are you comming up with your drivel dude? Before you worry about the reporter proofreading the articl perhaps you should actually read the actual words that are in the article. Now go away. Your taking up board space with your blathering.
Stu

Chesapeake Beach, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

Terpsfan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right about the "averaging" mistake, however, the article explicitly states the game against Virginia is tomorrow. Review the article and quit being so critical of the writer.
Quote copied right from the article states ""I've always thought I was a good [offensive] player, but my teammates did a good job of looking for me today," Osby, who is averaging 11.5 points, said after hitting seven of nine shots against the Blue Devils. "[I'll do] whatever's necessary. Today I had to score." It clearly states "averaging" and not "averaged", so what words are you two reading?
JOE

Whiteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2008

DOESN'T THE MAN HAVE ANOTHER NAME, EITHER GIVEN OR FAMILY? OR IS HE LIKE FABIAN OR BONO?
ALSO, THIS FORCED ME TO GIVE IT A THREE STAR RATING. I WOULD NOT!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Danny Green Discussions

Search the Danny Green Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ellington knocking 'em down in NCAAs (Mar '09) Mar '11 Nolan Williams 12
Tar Heels playing role of bad guy (Apr '09) Feb '10 christopher 2
Michigan State Spartans vs. North Carolina Tar ... (Dec '09) Dec '09 kuntry moe 1
Excitement builds for UNC's Williams (May '09) May '09 NCtweep 1
The end that had to come at Carolina (Apr '09) Apr '09 NCtweep 1
WNC walk-ons get homecoming (Apr '09) Apr '09 UNC Tar Heels 1
Blog bits: Blue Ridge weddings, Smoky Mountain ... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Kyle 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••