Daughter might be key to San Pedro ki...

Daughter might be key to San Pedro killing case

There are 61 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Apr 6, 2009, titled Daughter might be key to San Pedro killing case. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Warm and fuzzy they were not. For a year, maybe more, North Carolina could feel this national championship coming.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Willy

Plymouth, PA

#27 Apr 7, 2009
Matt wrote:
<quoted text>if you know anything about the LONGSHOREMAN HISTORY than know that I wear my LONGSHOREMAN GEAR with pride JULY,5,1934 BLOODY THURSDAY MY GRANDFATHER WAS THERE HE helped pave the way for what we have today IT'S A SHAME THAT A FEW PUNKS give us a bad name
"A FEW PUNKS" come on.
what

Placerville, CA

#29 Apr 7, 2009
WHATEVER wrote:
Who are all of you to judge why Rufus did what he did!! I know for damned sure if ANYONE hurt my child those **** will pay! Thats your child anyone would have done the same. Drug addict or not! When it comes to anyone disrespecting or hurting my child you best believe sh*ts going down! From what I've heard from several people this Robert guy was a pervert and he was stalking Krystal. Also why does the longie issue keep coming up?? What he did has nothing to do with his profession. Are you just jealous that you cant make as much money as the Longies?? Not all longies are low lifes its like any profession there could be a cokehead sitting next to you in your office so dont just point fingers to Longshoremen both my Grandfathers work down there and are good men, never touched a drug in their life so stop referring to Longies as Lowlifes!
BY THE WAY HOW MUCH ARE THE LONGIES MAKING RIGHT NOW
what

Placerville, CA

#30 Apr 7, 2009
USMC wrote:
Why do "longies" wear ILWU with so much pride like they actually accomplished something in life? I see them wearing it even when they are not at work. USMC..now those are letters you can wear with pride!!!! 99.9% of those "longies" are so arrogant, and yes I've met lots of them.
I totally asked myself the same question
what

Placerville, CA

#31 Apr 7, 2009
BOOM OUTTA HERE wrote:
Longies rule. We are rich biatch!
Really?? u should let the rest of your longie friends know how you are so rich so they can be like you. You wouldnt happen to be the one that stoled over $100,000.00 are you
SP GIRL

United States

#32 Apr 7, 2009
He was a good man and no matter what anyone says his memory will live on!
justsaying

Pacific Palisades, CA

#33 Apr 7, 2009
Stew Pidass wrote:
Looking at these photos, these two appear to be a couple of fine upstanding citizens. I can't imagine who this could have possibly happened. Oh wait, they work at the docks, that explains it.
You are ignorant.
SAN PEDRO

AOL

#34 Apr 7, 2009
SP GIRL wrote:
He was a good man and no matter what anyone says his memory will live on!
WHOS RUFUSES !!!
blue eyes

Whittier, CA

#36 Apr 7, 2009
Matt wrote:
<quoted text>if you know anything about the LONGSHOREMAN HISTORY than know that I wear my LONGSHOREMAN GEAR with pride JULY,5,1934 BLOODY THURSDAY MY GRANDFATHER WAS THERE HE helped pave the way for what we have today IT'S A SHAME THAT A FEW PUNKS give us a bad name
Well said! I am a Longie and I am not a ''LOWLIFE!". I am a mother of 3 GATE kids and I have a degree from CSUDH. I have always taught my children respect and always given them love and for them to respect others. In every profession there are lowlifes not just down on the docks! Last week I worked with a old high school teacher of mine and a retired judge and his nephew a retired detective. Like every where else, there are people from different walks of life and we are all trying to make a decent living like the rest of the country. Unfortunately, Rufus decieded to take the law into his own hands and for that we have a given a bad name. Just remember only God is the one to judge.
Bloody Thursday

Harbor City, CA

#39 Apr 7, 2009
Old high school teacher probably represented by UTLA.
retired judge = most likely a former deputy district attorney with union representation before being elected judge.
retired detective = definitely represented by a peace officer's association.
So they all want to become "I Loathe Working Union" members becoming less productive workers.
WORK LESS
DEMAND MORE
BEER GOOD
blue eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said! I am a Longie and I am not a ''LOWLIFE!". I am a mother of 3 GATE kids and I have a degree from CSUDH. I have always taught my children respect and always given them love and for them to respect others. In every profession there are lowlifes not just down on the docks! Last week I worked with a old high school teacher of mine and a retired judge and his nephew a retired detective. Like every where else, there are people from different walks of life and we are all trying to make a decent living like the rest of the country. Unfortunately, Rufus decieded to take the law into his own hands and for that we have a given a bad name. Just remember only God is the one to judge.
lorilei

Garden Grove, CA

#40 Apr 7, 2009
USMC wrote:
<quoted text>Then you must be the 0.01% of "Longies" that are actually descent. Glad to see you are not riding around on a harley with ILWU jacket,flags hanging from your bike speeding around in san pedro?
n
USMC..Someone writes something honest and true from
their heart and you still reply with a mean,insulting cold-hearted comment.. you should be ashamed of yourself..I'm sure you were raised better than that..just leave it alone now..
Curly

Los Angeles, CA

#42 Apr 8, 2009
blue eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
What are 3 gate kids ? You say you graduated from college but you are a lowlife longie, why did you waste your time in college to become a lowlife and support Rufas?
Matt

Upland, CA

#43 Apr 8, 2009
Curly wrote:
<quoted text>What are 3 gate kids ? You say you graduated from college but you are a lowlife longie, why did you waste your time in college to become a lowlife and support Rufas?
not all LONGSHOREMAN SUPPORT RUFAS,most of us support the twic card and like to see people like Rufas GONE USMC get a life
Bill

Los Angeles, CA

#44 Apr 8, 2009
Matt wrote:
<quoted text>not all LONGSHOREMAN SUPPORT RUFAS,most of us support the twic card and like to see people like Rufas GONE USMC get a life
Then why have only half of you people got your twix card? The others can't because of there past.
i agree

Glendora, CA

#45 Apr 8, 2009
Curly wrote:
<quoted text>What are 3 gate kids ? You say you graduated from college but you are a lowlife longie, why did you waste your time in college to become a lowlife and support Rufas?
Not to interupt, but G.A.T.E. is Gifted and Talented Education ( I think the E-education, might be wrong)... Anyway kids are tested I think in the 3rd or 4th grade for it, it is for kids that show "special" (not slow, damn you BHO) talents in subjects. And would get otherwise bored in regular class. At least this is what GATE is in Lawndale.
Willy

Plymouth, PA

#46 Apr 8, 2009
blue eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Does CSUDH really count as a college degree
Matt

Upland, CA

#47 Apr 8, 2009
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>Then why have only half of you people got your twix card? The others can't because of there past.
it's a TWIC card not twix,
Stuart

Los Angeles, CA

#48 Apr 8, 2009
Rev. 900-1/99 DA Case 29449399 Page 1 Case No. NA081616

FELONY COMPLAINT
SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA
FOR THE COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA,
Plaintiff,
v.

01 RUFUS ATCHLEY (12/25/1960)
Defendant(s). CASE NO. NA081616

FELONY COMPLAINT

The undersigned is informed and believes that:

COUNT 1

On or about March 30, 2009, in the County of Los Angeles, the crime of MURDER, in violation of PENAL CODE SECTION 187(a), a Felony, was committed by RUFUS ATCHLEY, who did unlawfully, and with malice aforethought murder ROBERT JUSTIN BARNES, a human being.
"NOTICE: The above offense is a serious felony within the meaning of Penal Code Section 1192.7(c) and a violent felony within the meaning of Penal Code Section 667.5(c)."

It is further alleged that said defendant(s), RUFUS ATCHLEY personally and intentionally discharged a firearm, a handgun , which caused great bodily injury and death to ROBERT JUSTIN BARNES within the meaning of Penal Code Section 12022.53(d) also causing the above offense to become a serious felony pursuant to Penal Code section 1192.7(c)(8) and a violent felony within the meaning of Penal Code section 667.6(c)(8).
It is further alleged that said defendant(s), RUFUS ATCHLEY personally and intentionally discharged a firearm, a handgun , within the meaning of Penal Code Section 12022.53(c) also causing the above offense to become a serious felony pursuant to Penal Code section 1192.7(c)(8) and a violent felony within the meaning of Penal Code section 667.5(c)(8).
It is further alleged that said defendant(s), RUFUS ATCHLEY personally used a firearm, a handgun , within the meaning of Penal Code Section 12022.53(b) also causing the above offense to become a serious felony pursuant to Penal Code section 1192.7(c)(8) and a violent felony within the meaning of Penal Code section 667.5(c)(8).

It is further alleged as to count(s) 1 that said defendant(s), RUFUS ATCHLEY, was convicted of the following felonies, within the meaning of Penal Code section 1203(e)(4):

Case No. Charge Code/Statute Conv. Date County of Court State Court Type
NA021247 PC459 09/14/1994 LOS AGNELES CA SUPERIOR
NA031810 HS11350(A) 10/24/1997 LOS ANGELES CA SUPERIOR
NA057807 HS11350(A) 01/09/2004 LOS ANGELES CA SUPERIOR

NOTICE: Conviction of this offense will require the defendant to provide DNA samples and print impressions pursuant to Penal Code sections 296 and 296.1. Willful refusal to provide the samples and impressions is a crime.
NOTICE: The People of the State of California intend to present evidence and seek jury findings regarding all applicable circumstances in aggravation, pursuant to Penal Code section 1170(b) and Cunningham v. California 2007 U.S. LEXIS 1324.

I DECLARE UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY THAT THE FOREGOING IS TRUE AND CORRECT AND THAT THIS COMPLAINT, CASE NUMBER NA081616, CONSISTS OF 1 COUNT(S).

Executed at LONG BEACH, County of Los Angeles, on April 2, 2009.

STEVE COOLEY, DISTRICT ATTORNEY
Stuart

Los Angeles, CA

#49 Apr 8, 2009
Not a pretty picture about Rufas
i agree

Glendora, CA

#50 Apr 8, 2009
What about charges for the "standoff"? Is it not illegal to hold the cops at bay for hours? Just curious here.
ohh

United States

#51 Apr 8, 2009
its ridiculous how most of you are talking crap about longshoremen. it has nothing to do with situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danny Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ellington knocking 'em down in NCAAs (Mar '09) Mar '11 Nolan Williams 12
News Tar Heels playing role of bad guy (Apr '09) Feb '10 christopher 2
News Michigan State Spartans vs. North Carolina Tar ... (Dec '09) Dec '09 kuntry moe 1
News Excitement builds for UNC's Williams (May '09) May '09 NCtweep 1
News The end that had to come at Carolina (Apr '09) Apr '09 NCtweep 1
News WNC walk-ons get homecoming (Apr '09) Apr '09 UNC Tar Heels 1
News Blog bits: Blue Ridge weddings, Smoky Mountain ... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Kyle 2
More from around the web