No. 5 Tar Heels trounce Hurricanes

No. 5 Tar Heels trounce Hurricanes

There are 11 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Jan 17, 2009, titled No. 5 Tar Heels trounce Hurricanes. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

CHAPEL HILL For the first time all year, Wayne Ellington couldn't miss. It made fifth-ranked North Carolina's offense finally look as potent as everyone expected.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Rick

Suffolk, VA

#1 Jan 18, 2009
What was the final score ? What kind of a story doesn't give you the final score ?
Jim Greenwood

AOL

#2 Jan 18, 2009
82-65
Hopefully they'll continue this level on intensity.

“Not as smart as I look.....”

Since: Oct 07

Leicester

#3 Jan 18, 2009
Rick wrote:
What was the final score ? What kind of a story doesn't give you the final score ?
82-65......

Since: Aug 07

Asheville, NC

#4 Jan 18, 2009
What a conference the ACC is! UNC, Wake, Duke, Clemson. Whoever wins the conference title will have to really play great ball. Glad to see Ellington finally get cranked up after struggling of late.
medic1

Waynesville, NC

#5 Jan 18, 2009
G-hogg wrote:
What a conference the ACC is! UNC, Wake, Duke, Clemson. Whoever wins the conference title will have to really play great ball. Glad to see Ellington finally get cranked up after struggling of late.
acc tournament will be a blast to watch!!
medic1

Waynesville, NC

#6 Jan 18, 2009
Rick wrote:
ac-t sports reporters must have went to bed early last night...no story in the paper this morning!! maybe mountain express can pick up the pace a little

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#7 Jan 18, 2009
medic1 wrote:
<quoted text>acc tournament will be a blast to watch!!
Yahoo, Go Heels. Fingers crossed.
Anybody But

United States

#8 Jan 18, 2009
I get so excited watching losers beat losers, NOT! I guess a win is a win for lowly Caro"whinner", but I don't think I would be so excited about them beating Miami, even though they are in the same class! Both now have 2-2 records in the ACC...
medic1

Waynesville, NC

#9 Jan 18, 2009
Anybody But wrote:
I get so excited watching losers beat losers, NOT! I guess a win is a win for lowly Caro"whinner", but I don't think I would be so excited about them beating Miami, even though they are in the same class! Both now have 2-2 records in the ACC...
March Madness Baby!!! stay tuned...
ollie

Lincolnton, NC

#10 Jan 18, 2009
medic1 wrote:
<quoted text>ac-t sports reporters must have went to bed early last night...no story in the paper this morning!! maybe mountain express can pick up the pace a little
2nd game in a row results not in the paper. although we were warned that late games wouldn't be there, but for a top ranked collegiate team(in north carolina)we have a second rate small town newpaper. looks like we rank now with area newspapers, polk county, hendersonville, marshall. just as the demise of area retailers, this is the beginning of the end for the ACT as we know it. readership will go down, advertising down, employees laid off(happened 3weeks ago, then it will be a weekly paper.

Since: Oct 08

Asheville

#11 Jan 18, 2009
Who knows? Maybe this will be Duke's year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danny Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ellington knocking 'em down in NCAAs (Mar '09) Mar '11 Nolan Williams 12
News Tar Heels playing role of bad guy (Apr '09) Feb '10 christopher 2
News Michigan State Spartans vs. North Carolina Tar ... (Dec '09) Dec '09 kuntry moe 1
News Excitement builds for UNC's Williams (May '09) May '09 NCtweep 1
News The end that had to come at Carolina (Apr '09) Apr '09 NCtweep 1
News WNC walk-ons get homecoming (Apr '09) Apr '09 UNC Tar Heels 1
News Blog bits: Blue Ridge weddings, Smoky Mountain ... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Kyle 2
More from around the web