USC guard Smith leaving basketball team

USC guard Smith leaving basketball team

There are 4 comments on the LA Daily News story from May 2, 2009, titled USC guard Smith leaving basketball team. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

USC point guard Donte Smith is transferring to Cal State San Bernardino after just one season with the Trojans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

The Dude

Camarillo, CA

#1 May 2, 2009
USC BASKETBALL is now a total joke.

“Jackie Robinson B-4 a Dodger”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#2 May 3, 2009
Wow, just 6 weeks ago I really thought that for the first time in decades USC would have a superior team to UCLA's next season...and all-of-a-sudden...pooof! now USC might have it's worst team in decades...wow, believe it or not I really do feel sorry for them.

“America & LEGAL Americans 1st”

Since: Aug 08

Chatsworth

#3 May 3, 2009
UCLA ROB wrote:
Wow, just 6 weeks ago I really thought that for the first time in decades USC would have a superior team to UCLA's next season...and all-of-a-sudden...pooof! now USC might have it's worst team in decades...wow, believe it or not I really do feel sorry for them.
I was thinking the same thing when I heard all this happened. We probably won't hear about what caused all this, though.

“Jackie Robinson B-4 a Dodger”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#4 May 3, 2009
West Valley Dave Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking the same thing when I heard all this happened. We probably won't hear about what caused all this, though.
My gut feeling is Renardo Sidney might have something in his baggage that will bring problems to the program...and with Hacket, Gibson, DeRozan not coming back, and the recruit Hill that decommitted from SC and committed to Arizona, it really raises questions about the direction of the program, specially after Floyd decided to interview for the Arizona job.

It would appear to me there's something internally is going on and/or something is about to happen with the program. I seriously hope not, as that would send the USC basketball program 10 steps backwards after taking 2 steps forward.

I love the rilvary between UCLA and USC but it's not fun, but rather sad when the rilvary suffers because of an action by someone was overlooked by the program when Mayo came to SC...again, it's just my speculation, and I hope I'm wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daniel Hackett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Gerrity has found a home at... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Tommy Trojan 1
News USC MEN'S BASKETBALL: Surprise is on everyone b... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Russ 1
News USC basketball picked to finish ninth in Pac-10 (Nov '09) Nov '09 MyBlueFord 2
News Commentary: Lack of ownership troubling for USC (Jun '09) Jul '09 Brew In 8
News USC HOOPS: DeRozan could be a lottery pick (Jun '09) Jun '09 Brew In 3
News USC hire ex-Raptors coach O'Neill (Jun '09) Jun '09 UCLA ROB 10
News Theus not hired at USC, as O'Neill takes over p... (Jun '09) Jun '09 jimbob 3
More from around the web