Flawed Florida manages win vs. Gamecocks

Flawed Florida manages win vs. Gamecocks

There are 9 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 24, 2008, titled Flawed Florida manages win vs. Gamecocks. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

These Gators are still too small, too slow, too inexperienced. The guards turn it over too often, the big men get tired too quickly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Sue

Germantown, TN

#1 Jan 24, 2008
GO GATORS!!!!
The Next Action Nole

Oviedo, FL

#2 Jan 24, 2008
GO GATORS????? What are proud of Sue??? The Gators have the EASIEST schedule in the country. As Dave Curtis mentioned, these guys would get blown away by a Top 25 team. So far, their signature win is a 72-56 win at Auburn.... but... they'll make the NCAA-T like they did last year, and we won't, even though we beat them.
GatorGangster

Gainesville, FL

#3 Jan 24, 2008
If Donovan and Co. go out and recruit another talented big man to compliment Speights this team is looking at another Final Four run next year. I didn't expect much from the youngins, but I have to say, their poise lately has impressed me. Furthermore, Billy D has a team that he can teach again, and when a coach like Donovan is challenged as he has been this year, it makes him better. The future looks bright for my baby gators as they continue to turn heads.

Since: Sep 07

Greensboro, NC

#4 Jan 24, 2008
The Next Action Nole wrote:
GO GATORS????? What are proud of Sue??? The Gators have the EASIEST schedule in the country. As Dave Curtis mentioned, these guys would get blown away by a Top 25 team. So far, their signature win is a 72-56 win at Auburn.... but... they'll make the NCAA-T like they did last year, and we won't, even though we beat them.
So WHAT NOLE!! Like the schedule MATTERS?? A few wins here and there does not get you to the NCAA Tourny, you have to win consistantly. Yeah, you beat us this year. This is a VERY young team, but they are coming around & playing as a team. You play that matchup at the end of February, and I bet the Gators take that one back.
Smartest Guy in the Room

Ormond Beach, FL

#5 Jan 24, 2008
GO GATORS????? What are proud of Sue???... even though we beat them.
A horse fly may bite a stallion and cause him pain, but when it's over, the horse fly is still a horse fly, and the stallion is still a stallion.

FSU has beaten UF 2 years running, but FSU is still FSU, and Florida is still... well, I think you get it now.
MAGIC FAN

Arlington Heights, IL

#6 Jan 25, 2008
so are you saying FSU deserved to be in the NCAA tournament last year over the gators? wait for it.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
fish

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Jan 25, 2008
Enjoy the NIT (NOT IMPORTANT TOURNAMENT).........again!!
Cez

Gainesville, FL

#8 Jan 26, 2008
Why does the Next Action Nole talk without any knowledge at all of college basketball. Florida's RPI (55) is HIGHRER than FSU (57)...DUH!!!!! Go luck for yourself....

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html
Cez

Gainesville, FL

#10 Jan 26, 2008
Hey Nole...another loss for FSU...agaisnt NC State....who cares about schedule strength when you guys can't win one. 8 loses and counting. looks like NIT for you all!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dan Werner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Florida Gators making peace with being relegate... (Mar '09) Mar '09 bullgator 5
News Gators to tangle with Hurricanes in NIT meeting (Mar '09) Mar '09 FSUMom 2
News Miami, Florida promise sparks in second-round N... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Oops I crapped my... 6
News Gators move on to face Auburn in SEC Tournament (Mar '09) Mar '09 louie judd 10
News Gators likely face two must-wins for NCAA berth (Mar '09) Mar '09 Max 1
News Florida Gators suffer critical NCAA blow at Mis... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Hunter 21
News Florida Gators must mark Kentucky guard Jodie M... (Feb '09) Feb '09 VANESSA 1
More from around the web