UF prevails against Auburn

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

An 11-0 game-closing run made Florida's victory over Auburn look lopsided. But the 72-56 final score is foolsgold here -- for better than 35 minutes, the undermanned, undersized Tigers looked primed to spring ...
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Jan 15, 2008
Osceola Watch

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2008

Have Dave...Auburn had a hard time scoring in the last 6 minutes because of a smothering defense and being run into the ground by the faster Gators.
Allapattah

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2008

I went to the game and it was impressive how the Gators hung in there even though they were being out rebounded. Werner is played very well.
Allapattah

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2008

Werner played very well, sorry.

Since: Dec 07

West Palm Beach, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2008

Great start for the Gators. As the article states, you really don't know what to expect from a team of mostly-freshmen. In this case, they seem to be progressing nicely! Keep it up, and Go Gators!
AbdulM

Lund, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2008

Basketball and football are African-American dominated sports. Let us not forget these fine young African-Americans once their college careers are finished. Make sure they receive the education needed to be successful in life. According to my brothers in the Nation of Islam this has not been the case at the University of Florida.

Time for change!

http://nationofislamsportsblog.blogspot.com/2...

“Never trust headlines”

Since: Jan 08

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2008

AbdulM wrote:
Basketball and football are African-American dominated sports. Let us not forget these fine young African-Americans once their college careers are finished. Make sure they receive the education needed to be successful in life. According to my brothers in the Nation of Islam this has not been the case at the University of Florida.
Time for change!
http://nationofislamsportsblog.blogspot.com/2...
I agree, education is important. UF knows this and posted a 91% graduation rate for it's athletes--one of four NCAA All Sports Top Ten's to break the 90% mark.
atlgator

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2008

I love the way the new guys battle. they ae improving and getting closer to hat 20 win total you want...
Gator Nation

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2008

Billy D is proving that he is a fantastic coach. You can see his players improving every game. The unselfish style of ball he coaches will bring another national championship to UF within the next 3 years

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dan Werner Discussions

Search the Dan Werner Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Florida Gators making peace with being relegate... (Mar '09) Mar '09 bullgator 5
Gators to tangle with Hurricanes in NIT meeting (Mar '09) Mar '09 FSUMom 2
Miami, Florida promise sparks in second-round N... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Oops I crapped my pants 6
Gators move on to face Auburn in SEC Tournament (Mar '09) Mar '09 louie judd 10
Gators likely face two must-wins for NCAA berth (Mar '09) Mar '09 Max 1
Florida Gators suffer critical NCAA blow at Mis... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Hunter 21
Florida Gators must mark Kentucky guard Jodie M... (Feb '09) Feb '09 VANESSA 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••