Calathes leads Florida with clutch fr...

Calathes leads Florida with clutch free throws

There are 10 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Dec 15, 2007, titled Calathes leads Florida with clutch free throws. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Dan Werner had 20 points and 14 rebounds, both career highs, and carried Florida to a 52-49 victory over Georgia Southern on Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

leroy

Lake Mary, FL

#1 Dec 15, 2007
I was at the game and UF received a gift. The winning points were scored on free throws allowed on a foul call on a PASS where the contact was minimal if at all and didn't result in an advantage... an absolute gift and homer call for an SEC school against a mid major.

UF is a shell of what they've been. This is easily Donavan's worst team.. Calathes is the only player who would have gotten any minutes on last year's team. If they can go .500 in the SEC they'll be fortunate.
green acres

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Dec 15, 2007
Hey Leroy, go back home to Lutes. I heard they're putting a new traffic light in. No one is expecting much of this years Gator team. Have you ever heard of rebuilding? Billy D. will coach them up & they will be much better next year.
Mike

Orange Park, FL

#3 Dec 15, 2007
I was side-court. The officials couldn't have done any more to give the game to GS. The Gators were getting DICKED by one official in particular..the same guy who has called 2-technicals on Donovan in as many games. The Gators won this fair and square so I am not sure what the hell game leroy was watching.
YoRite

San Antonio, TX

#4 Dec 16, 2007
green acres wrote:
Hey Leroy, go back home to Lutes. I heard they're putting a new traffic light in. No one is expecting much of this years Gator team. Have you ever heard of rebuilding? Billy D. will coach them up & they will be much better next year.
You is rite! Just start recruiting more jocks to play ball urban sports like B-ball. Who cares about falling academics at UF? We wants to be #1 !
OhYeah

Vaughan, Canada

#5 Dec 16, 2007
YoRite wrote:
<quoted text>
You is rite! Just start recruiting more jocks to play ball urban sports like B-ball. Who cares about falling academics at UF? We wants to be #1 !
Yeah! Who cares about academics? It is more important for the Gators to win in Black-dominated sports like football and basketball.

Go Gators!
UoF84

Austin, TX

#6 Dec 16, 2007
I watched it on TV; the foul wasn't the difference.
The GS guy lost the ball a bit earlier. That was the difference. They had a chance to go up and the ball went out of bounds off his knee. Ugly as it was, UF took the ball and the lead on to a W.
UFALUM

Jupiter, FL

#7 Dec 16, 2007
ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? You're not SERIOUSLY trying to compare this team to last years team, are you???? GIVE ME A BREAK! There's not a lot of players in the country that would've had a lot minutes on last years team. HELLO, they were the first team in over 15 years to win back to back titles. This is a team of 5 new starters, all of which are Freshman and Sophomores. WAKE UP! Do you expect anyone to step in there for the first time and play like 2 time defending national champions????? There's a reason that hasn't happened in such a long time. Teams like that don't come along very often.
leroy wrote:
I was at the game and UF received a gift. The winning points were scored on free throws allowed on a foul call on a PASS where the contact was minimal if at all and didn't result in an advantage... an absolute gift and homer call for an SEC school against a mid major.
UF is a shell of what they've been. This is easily Donavan's worst team.. Calathes is the only player who would have gotten any minutes on last year's team. If they can go .500 in the SEC they'll be fortunate.
aap

Tucson, AZ

#8 Dec 16, 2007
guys..idk who you guys are, but as a UF student, i know that we are ranked as the best school in Florida, top 5 business school in the nation, ranked 2nd for dental school. You guys probably havent even gone to college.."ohyea" is in toronto, so we know he wont have a job anyway. Yorite is from clermont...where?..exactly. Peace from a uf med student.
fish

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#9 Dec 17, 2007
leroy wrote:
Thanks for your insight Leroy? You're a genius!
Texas ex

United States

#10 Dec 17, 2007
has UF's BB played any D1 schools this year?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dan Werner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Florida Gators making peace with being relegate... (Mar '09) Mar '09 bullgator 5
News Gators to tangle with Hurricanes in NIT meeting (Mar '09) Mar '09 FSUMom 2
News Miami, Florida promise sparks in second-round N... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Oops I crapped my... 6
News Gators move on to face Auburn in SEC Tournament (Mar '09) Mar '09 louie judd 10
News Gators likely face two must-wins for NCAA berth (Mar '09) Mar '09 Max 1
News Florida Gators suffer critical NCAA blow at Mis... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Hunter 21
News Florida Gators must mark Kentucky guard Jodie M... (Feb '09) Feb '09 VANESSA 1
More from around the web