In the end, Purdue is too strong for ...

In the end, Purdue is too strong for Gophers

There are 50 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 5, 2010, titled In the end, Purdue is too strong for Gophers. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Paul Carter screamed and pounded his chest. Lawrence Westbrook met him at the foul line with a chest bump after Carter's layup gave Minnesota the lead over No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Diehard Boiler Fan

United States

#42 Jan 7, 2010
tiny bubbles wrote:
<quoted text>A Purdue fan comes on this board and starts bragging about his team and acting as if they did some great thing beating Minneosta and then he makes condescending remarks about MN that they aren't that bad blah blah blah. Then he disparages MN and says his degree is worth more than any MN degree. I say, go on the Purdue fan club board and lie to each other about how great it is to live in Indiana. Go away hick!
I came on this board to see what Gopher fans had to say about Gopher Basketball. It is something I do for all Purdue opponents whether we win or lose. I thought you were all kind of hard on your team so I decided for the first time to post something. I tried to compliment you on your team's defense which was truly the best defense we had seen all year. In my first post I was not bragging about the Boilers beating Minnesota. Everyone in the country expected us to win in Mackey no matter who we were playing. For that I got degraded, called names, etc... So in my next post I told the truth about the Boilers being a legitimate title contender. You also degraded my hometown and university. No, Lafayette is not a huge town like the Twin Cities and I am thankful for that. It is a great community and a great place to live and raise a family. I have a great friend from Purdue who now lives in the the Twin Cities and when I showed her the comments she was embarrassed for the people of MN. I will leave you alone now, let you fester in your misery about Gopher sports. I am proud of my Boilers, win or lose!!!

“Obamacs at it's finest!”

Since: Mar 09

Anytown, Minnesota........

#43 Jan 7, 2010
Diehard Boiler Fan wrote:
Well, Gopher Nation, be proud, your fans really are showing their true colors. I have looked at local papers for most of the teams that Purdue has defeated and in every case the fans of the losing team said they lost because they played terrible. Almost never is it because they were outplayed, outclassed and outcoached by a superior Purdue team. In my previous post I tried to give the Gophers a compliment. But now I see that the fans who post here are in no way deserving of a compliment. So, this hick from Purdue will rest in knowing that I don't have to put down other teams. We are 14-0 with marquee wins against top competition and ranked 4th in the nation. Keep your insults, keep your whining and most of all, keep your invitation to the NIT. We will be thinking of you while we are playing in the Final 4 in our backyard in Indianapolis!! Oh and by the way, I will put my hick degree from Purdue up against anything that comes out of Minnesota!! Stay strong Gopher Nation, you are the epitome of consistent mediocrity with no light at the end of the tunnel.
I could not agree more. I am embarassed by what has been written here..I mean, really, some poeple just need to lighten up and get into reality. EVERYONE here who is a basketball fan familiar with the Gophers KNOWS that Purdue is twice the team this year that Minnesota will be, hey, that is fact and it remains so this year, too bad, but again, no big deal, it's college basketball for goodness sakes, not heart surgery...NOW, if I were going to have heart surgery or , in my case, a rebuilt shoulder, I would not want it done anywhere else BUT the U, which I had done....basketball goes to Purdue, medicine, give me the U.., although I am sure Purdue has a great facilty as well. Peace my brother......
tiny bubbles

Eden Prairie, MN

#44 Jan 7, 2010
unlike sid wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely disagree. I don't know if you have watched other teams in the country but Purdue is a legit top 4 team and considerably more thorough as a team than the likes of Kentucky. The Gophers did exactly what we should have expected for a team that isn't quite there yet, loose in Mackey by a bunch. they should have a could have played better but they didn't, it happens. They likely have the ability to beat anyone else in the big ten but Purdue isn't one of them right now. So if you're extremely frustrated with them it's due to your own inappropriate expectations.
It's lose not loose-Purdue shot 53% and won-Gophers shot 31% big deal!
tiny bubbles

Eden Prairie, MN

#45 Jan 7, 2010
<quoted text>
I came on this board to see what Gopher fans had to say about Gopher Basketball. It is something I do for all Purdue opponents whether we win or lose. I thought you were all kind of hard on your team so I decided for the first time to post something. I tried to compliment you on your team's defense which was truly the best defense we had seen all year. In my first post I was not bragging about the Boilers beating Minnesota. Everyone in the country expected us to win in Mackey no matter who we were playing. For that I got degraded, called names, etc... So in my next post I told the truth about the Boilers being a legitimate title contender. You also degraded my hometown and university. No, Lafayette is not a huge town like the Twin Cities and I am thankful for that. It is a great community and a great place to live and raise a family. I have a great friend from Purdue who now lives in the the Twin Cities and when I showed her the comments she was embarrassed for the people of MN. I will leave you alone now, let you fester in your misery about Gopher sports. I am proud of my Boilers, win or lose!!!
Get a life hick-Purdue and Lafayette IN-BORING!!
tiny bubbles

Eden Prairie, MN

#46 Jan 7, 2010
Oh Danny Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not agree more. I am embarassed by what has been written here..I mean, really, some poeple just need to lighten up and get into reality. EVERYONE here who is a basketball fan familiar with the Gophers KNOWS that Purdue is twice the team this year that Minnesota will be, hey, that is fact and it remains so this year, too bad, but again, no big deal, it's college basketball for goodness sakes, not heart surgery...NOW, if I were going to have heart surgery or , in my case, a rebuilt shoulder, I would not want it done anywhere else BUT the U, which I had done....basketball goes to Purdue, medicine, give me the U.., although I am sure Purdue has a great facilty as well. Peace my brother......
This guy is a typical small town guy who gets his self worth from bragging about his basketball team and here in MN-nobody cares about some hick from Indiana
vern gagne

Eden Prairie, MN

#47 Jan 7, 2010
<quoted text>
Nobody cares about Gopher sports here-that is why the FB and BB programs are mediocre or worse every year. As for your team-Wisconsin and Michigan St are better. the Gophers out rebounded Purdue and caused many turnovers-Purdue wasnt as good as the three other opponents the Gophers lost to.If I lived where you do-i guess there is not much else to do than to brag about your beloved Boilers-I've been to your town-YUK
vern gagne

Eden Prairie, MN

#48 Jan 7, 2010
<quoted text>
Ahhh-poor baby-hey pal, here's an idea-don't go on an opponents board and brag after you beat them. In Minneosta, we expect to lose-we don't need a nut like you to talk down to us. Have a nice life in smallville
ramses

Eden Prairie, MN

#49 Jan 7, 2010
from the Lafayette Journal Courier

User Image
gopherextra wrote:
I wouldnt get too excited about beating Minnesota who are likely going to the NIT and probably wont win more than 8-9 Big Ten games. They have no offense when a team presuures them. Tubby is really a bad offensive coach.Gophers have shown no improvement over last year and peo-le are beginning to see why KY let him go.
1/7/2010 7:12:59 PM

Since: Nov 09

Madison, WI

#50 Jan 8, 2010
14 minutes for Carter! The coach should be named Dummy Smith, not Tubby. Someone should tell Smith that timeouts are still legal when your team is flailing.
tiny bubbles

Eden Prairie, MN

#51 Jan 9, 2010
Who you crappin wrote:
14 minutes for Carter! The coach should be named Dummy Smith, not Tubby. Someone should tell Smith that timeouts are still legal when your team is flailing.
Right on! What about getting on the refs for all the terrible calls??. Tubby got run out of KY for the reasons that are becoming obvious now. Terrible offensive scheme and poor coaching once the game starts. NIT here we come

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Kramer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Montgomery's Byrd commits to Purdue (Sep '07) Apr '11 Indiana Baseball Fan 53
News Pacers give ex-Purdue star Chris Kramer a chanc... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Charlene Kessner 1
News Notebook: Northern Iowa taking home weighty sou... (Mar '10) Mar '10 3 Big Ten Teams 1
News Boilers' seniors prepared, willing to give 'any... (Mar '10) Mar '10 vita 1
News Questions linger with loss | BuckeyeXtra (Feb '10) Feb '10 Power 18 111
News Michael Arace commentary: Defeat is hard to bea... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Tim 35
News Purdue makes own noise in beating Washington (Mar '09) Mar '09 reality 6
More from around the web