In the end, Purdue is too strong for Gophers

Full story: TwinCities.com

Paul Carter screamed and pounded his chest. Lawrence Westbrook met him at the foul line with a chest bump after Carter's layup gave Minnesota the lead over No.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of50
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
kelly

Superior, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Blake Hoffarber ladies and gentlemen... hope you had your tivo going.
Phillip Ml

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Every time they meet a strong defense-they are without a clue. This team is NIT material all the way. Cant see them winning more than 9 games in the Big Ten. Tubby is headed for another 10 loss season--"ten loss Tubby"
Bob the Bilderberg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

For a team rated #4 in the country, Purdue's got nothin. Five 6-7 white guys shooting layups and clogging the lane on defense. As soon as they face a team with an inside game or that can shoot 14 ft. jumpers (unlike the gophers) they'll be beaten handily.
Richard

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

haha kelly and Phillip MI you hare hilarious. Blake Hoffarber has been lights out this year and you rip him because he only takes 4 shots and stays within the offense. How about Westbrook forcing shots and not playing well????

Purdue is a legit team and their defense is outstanding. I agree the offense in the half court didn't look good at all, but not many teams play defense the way Purdue does. Also this team played with some foul trouble in a hostile eenvironment. They 2-1 in the Big Ten right now and say they win vs OSU...lose at Mich St. and win at Indiana...then they are 4-2 in the Big Ten. Let's not rip the team and if you guys think that being Hoff or a coach is so easy why don't you try it and have everyone rip you. Couple of morons posting...
cupcakes

Big Lake, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Richard wrote:
haha kelly and Phillip MI you hare hilarious. Blake Hoffarber has been lights out this year and you rip him because he only takes 4 shots and stays within the offense. How about Westbrook forcing shots and not playing well????
Purdue is a legit team and their defense is outstanding. I agree the offense in the half court didn't look good at all, but not many teams play defense the way Purdue does. Also this team played with some foul trouble in a hostile eenvironment. They 2-1 in the Big Ten right now and say they win vs OSU...lose at Mich St. and win at Indiana...then they are 4-2 in the Big Ten. Let's not rip the team and if you guys think that being Hoff or a coach is so easy why don't you try it and have everyone rip you. Couple of morons posting...
Hoffarber has played good against the lame opponents the Gophers went up against for the last month.... and as I said before he will be back to normal when they start to face some better competition .... and guess what , they play a decent team and he is back to his normal self .... the biggest moron posting is you .... proud of the 2 big ten wins, which came against probably the 2 worst teams in the big ten ....and then to claim that they will be 4-2 after the next three games is foolish .... can you see into the future mr. DON'T know it all.... let's RIP the team for playing the cupcake schedule so it can try and gather enough wins for the tourney .... playing against better competition makes your team better.... playing against the cupcakes just makes the stats look better while it doesn't make the team better.... and can tubby please make these players do away with the classless screaming and chest pounding act .... it was only a layup for god's sake
Tom

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Look at other D1 programs and who they play. They also play a majority of cupcakes. It's not that easy just to go out there and say hey Duke you wanna play? The schedules are made way in advance and if you don't wanna root for the gophers don't come on here posting all this garbage. Oh wait half of you people posting on here are all basketball wannabe's that have never played before and think it's so easy to play. Get a clue.
D Sheets 28

Youngstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Tubby where's the offense? I love the teams defensive intensity but Tubby's
half court sets suck, can anyone set a pick to free up a jump shooter or run
a back door play. This same shit happen last year we can't score in the half court,run some bball plays Tubby its not that difficult,Northwestern does it.
I am really starting to see why the people in Kentucky were so hard on you,
you can,t coach offense!
RonH

Monticello, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Let's see....14-0..Wins against Tennesee,Alabama,West Virginia,Minnesota,Wake Forrest...I guess Purdue isn't a good team Bob...GET A LIFE,man.There are only 4 unbeaten teams in the entire country.You don't get that by being a so,so team,these are guys are legitimate contenders to win it all this year!!
What the heck

Johnson Creek, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

They Gophers could have been a lot closer in this game had they had their whole team available to them. If they had the full team able to play, the Gophers would have come out on top. The Gophers should be Purdue at home! That is if Nolen and Westbrook remember its a team sport~ On another note...Purdue had Ed Hightower in their back pocket. Calls Westbrook for palming the ball. Get a clue and know the game lowtower! Its not your show!
Mad Dog Gus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Purdue will make a lot of teams look bad....they're a final four team, for sure.

With the injuries and suspensions, the Gophers have some issues, but they still put out a decent product. Let's hope Tubby Smith stays with the program, he'll get them to a very high level...sooner than later!
Phillip Ml

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

It wasnt a matter of the shots not falling- mostly they couldnt even get a good shot off and when they did they missed repeatedly from under 3 ft at the basket-same old team as last year. They are NIT material
Phillip Ml

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

By the way Devoe Joseph had a wide open lane to the basket and instead shoots a brick 3 ball-this guy is worthless. Nobody on this team can shoot a 15 ft jump shot to save their life.Hoffarber cannot move without the ball and get himself open. Very few sdcreens to set him up either. Tubby's offense is putrid which was the big complaint at Kentucky. This team is strictly NIT material
Phillip Ml

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Mad Dog Gus wrote:
Purdue will make a lot of teams look bad....they're a final four team, for sure.
With the injuries and suspensions, the Gophers have some issues, but they still put out a decent product. Let's hope Tubby Smith stays with the program, he'll get them to a very high level...sooner than later!
Decent yes if you like mediocre- a bubble team most likely NIT-big deal. No improvement over last year. Nobody on this team is any better than they were last year. Hoffarber is about where he was as a freshman.
Phillip Ml

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

RonH wrote:
Let's see....14-0..Wins against Tennesee,Alabama,West Virginia,Minnesota,Wake Forrest...I guess Purdue isn't a good team Bob...GET A LIFE,man.There are only 4 unbeaten teams in the entire country.You don't get that by being a so,so team,these are guys are legitimate contenders to win it all this year!!
We'll see, the Gophers were embarrassed on national tv as usual. Tubby has a putrid offense just like at KY which is why he was let go.
cupcakes

Big Lake, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Tom wrote:
Look at other D1 programs and who they play. They also play a majority of cupcakes. It's not that easy just to go out there and say hey Duke you wanna play? The schedules are made way in advance and if you don't wanna root for the gophers don't come on here posting all this garbage. Oh wait half of you people posting on here are all basketball wannabe's that have never played before and think it's so easy to play. Get a clue.
Duke wouldn't want to play the Gophers ....they are a cupcake team to them .... you named one team buddy .... there are at least another 75 other schools out there that would be deemed as COMPETENT competition .... not these phony little cupcake games they schedule to pad their stats and make the record look good ....if you wanna root for your little gophers get some facts straight before posting nonsense .... look at Purdues wins there buddy .... your not some basketball guru because you play pick up basketball in the over 50 league in the parking lot at your church.... we can tell you have not played much ball ranting about a few wins over some cupcake teams .... a real baller wouldn't want to even play in those garbage games for lack of competition.... completely clueless
Tommy

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

tired

This is the same bs as last year, I had to turn the game off. I am sick of watching Nolen drive in and throw the ball at the rim or dribble out most of the clock, sick of no set plays or effective half court offense or effective post scorer, sick of watching the missed free throws, sick of Westbrook forcing shots, sick of the sloppy ballhandling and unforced turnovers, and sick of the stupid fouls we commit. Its the same players doing the same things. This team is no better than last year--shouldn't they be better after a year to improve skills and mature? I expected more polish from Iverson and Sampson, and more steadiness and scoring from Joseph. I hoped we wouldn't have to watch the stupid fouls, forced shots and silly turnovers from Carter. Sure, all of these players do some good things, but have they improved at all?

“Obamacs at it's finest!”

Since: Mar 09

Anytown, Minnesota........

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

The U...mediocrity at it's best, BBall, hockey, and well I won't even put football in the mediocrity catagory because they aren't close to achieving that yet.........I love Tubby but hey, what can you say, Purdue simply made it no contest from the opening tap...
I guess to sum it up as my buddy Elvis usually writes..." yawn"....
Tom Shakopee

Shakopee, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Purdue has an 81 percent winning clip in Mackey Arena, they rarely lose there. I can't wait for them to return and see Tubby and the Gophs to return the favor.
Tom Shakopee

Shakopee, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

By the way, Joel Maturi, please fire Tim Brewster. You gave him a life-line and he lost to Iowa State, enough said.
Diehard Boiler Fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Hey Gopher Fans, your team is not that bad!! They play outstanding defense, probably the best Purdue has seen all year. Here is the problem, though some of you don't want to admit it, PURDUE IS THE REAL DEAL!!! We are led by outstanding upperclassmen and we have a great coach. I agree you were shorthanded with Sampson on the bench but we had 4 guys in double figures, one player can't have that big of an impact. And as for Hightower being in our back pocket as posted by "What the Heck", watch the replay. Westbrook not only palmed it, he trapped it against his body, it was actually more a traveling call than palming!! Keep your heads up Gopher nation, I look forward to our rematch at your place!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of50
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chris Kramer Discussions

Search the Chris Kramer Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
North Montgomery's Byrd commits to Purdue (Sep '07) Apr '11 Indiana Baseball Fan 53
Pacers give ex-Purdue star Chris Kramer a chanc... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Charlene Kessner 1
Notebook: Northern Iowa taking home weighty sou... (Mar '10) Mar '10 3 Big Ten Teams 1
Boilers' seniors prepared, willing to give 'any... (Mar '10) Mar '10 vita 1
Questions linger with loss | BuckeyeXtra (Feb '10) Feb '10 Power 18 111
Michael Arace commentary: Defeat is hard to bea... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Tim 35
Purdue makes own noise in beating Washington (Mar '09) Mar '09 reality 6
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••