Towson gets routed

There are 4 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Dec 7, 2008, titled Towson gets routed. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Junior Hairston scored 16 points and Troy Franklin added 13 points and nine assists for Towson, but the Tigers lost, 90-70, to visiting Hofstra last night in the Colonial Athletic Association opener for both ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Proofreader

United States

#1 Dec 7, 2008
According to towsontigers.com , the score was 90-79. How do you not post the right score, B-Sun??
Baldwin

Arlington, VA

#2 Dec 7, 2008
Proofreader wrote:
According to towsontigers.com , the score was 90-79. How do you not post the right score, B-Sun??
And they wonder why their readership numbers continue to slide.
TU FAN

Baltimore, MD

#3 Dec 7, 2008
The score WAS 90-79...I was there.

Also, if you were there, you could see this game was NOT a rout, as it was 71-70 with a couple minutes left. Fouling at the end in an effort to come back, ran the score up.

Another horrible report from the Sun.
Surf52

Woodstock, MD

#4 Dec 7, 2008
Well they already had the headline set so they needed to "tweak" the score to fit.

I'm sure it wasn't intentional. They save the real hatchet jobs for College Park.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles Jenkins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pride's run comes up short (Mar '09) Mar '09 Jim of Oceanside NY 1
News Hofstra needs four wins in four days for CAA title (Mar '09) Mar '09 Jim from Oceanside 1
News Jenkins gets career-high 35; Hofstra wins in OT (Mar '09) Mar '09 Earth to Coach 1
News Vines' 15 second-half points bail out Hofstra (Jan '09) Jan '09 Basketball Jones 1
News Complementary Ziggy happy to carry the trey (Dec '08) Dec '08 Jim of Oceanside NY 1
News Boys & Girls forward Imes picks Hofstra (Jun '08) Jun '08 Guinness Drinker 4
News Hofstra's Pecora at a coaching crossroads (Mar '08) Mar '08 Ron 2
More from around the web