NBA Draft 2011: Terrence Jones and 10 Players Who Shouldn't Enter Draft Early

Apr 8, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

It's said that there are two certainties in life: death and taxes. For basketball fans, we can add another certainty: college basketball players wrongfully leaving school early for the NBA .

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Apr 15, 2011
Robin sharp

United States

#1 Apr 11, 2011
What if they get hurt next year and could not play. Then they would of wished they had of went.
bigblueblack

Louisville, KY

#2 Apr 13, 2011
Yeah true but be honest how many career ending injuries have you seen in basketball. They would benefit if they came back, I believe the NBA and NCAA would be 2x's better if these kids stayed in school one it would weed out the duds before they even went to the next level. Two what ever happened to the value of education? I wanna see them come back just like a lot of UK fans do but not just for my benefit for that of their own. Brandon Knight could possible be done with school after his sophmore year why not come back a 2nd year???
wildcat

Sharon Grove, KY

#3 Apr 14, 2011
These cats should come back. They got a taste of the final four and they arent done with just that. Next year Knight will be top 5 easy
devon

AOL

#4 Apr 15, 2011
the reason why they may not come back has a color of GREEN.
imagine your 18 or 19 years old. you have the potential to be a pro, a life long dream. you have people surrounding you and filling your head with becoming a pro , yet their real intentions are to get a piece of the pie.
what happens ? 95 percent of the kids buy into it and go pro. of the 95 percent , about 10 percent of them will make it. the other 90 percent who dont, they play in europe or a minor league. after 2 or 3 years , that minor league group has dwindled and about 25 percent are still left , the other 75 percent are out of the game with NO MONEY.
the odds are good that you will be throwing it all away. all because you didnt wait one or two more years.
where are those people that were advising you then ? gone, because the GREEN is gone.
the ncaa needs to have advisers go around to the different college teams. with a large portfolio. pictures of the kids who didnt make it cause they listened to the wrong people.
Mark

Jacksonville, NC

#5 Apr 15, 2011
They now have a great deal of experience. Next year they would really go far; possibly all the way. If they go into the NBA, they could get hurt then their contract could come to a halt. What then, no education, no more money being thrown at them. As far as Calipari, great coach but he needs to find players to keep and win National Championships. Let the high profile High School players go play somewhere else! This should never be allowed to happen. I wish the Ky Wildcats program would be like it was back in the 70's!
devon

AOL

#6 Apr 15, 2011
Mark wrote:
They now have a great deal of experience. Next year they would really go far; possibly all the way. If they go into the NBA, they could get hurt then their contract could come to a halt. What then, no education, no more money being thrown at them. As far as Calipari, great coach but he needs to find players to keep and win National Championships. Let the high profile High School players go play somewhere else! This should never be allowed to happen. I wish the Ky Wildcats program would be like it was back in the 70's!
for UK to be like the 70s the rules have to change. if calipari doesnt recruit like he does now he puts uk back to the tubby smith days; win 20 every year , get a 5 or 6 seed in dance , and once every four years contend for a title. calipari would be out of a job quick because duke , kansas , UNC , and half the big east would continue to get all the best players and contend every year.
take a good look at tubby smith. what kind of success has he had in minnesota ? nothing has changed. his teams still win 20 plus and he tries to sneak into the dance. minnesota is happy with that. the hockey team is the one they want contending for a national title every year.
thats subpar at UK.
the ncaa and nba need to work better together. right now the nba is destroying college basketball. the wait one year rule did nothing but help the nba.
the best thing that could ever happen to college basketball is for the nba to have a lockout and cancel their next season.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Billy White Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BYU vs. San Diego State men's basketball (Mar '09) Mar '09 tori 1
Aztecs hoops: SDSU bedeviled in the end (Dec '08) Dec '08 Paul Crandell 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Billy White People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••