Tornado hits near Ga. Dome, halts SEC tourney

Mar 14, 2008 | Posted by: LuvMyDogs | Full story: sportsillustrated.cnn.com

A severe storm ripped away two panels in the side of the Georgia Dome during the Southeastern Conference tournament, sending debris falling from the ceiling, halting the Alabama-Mississippi State game and ...

Readers: If you heard from friends or family in Atlanta during or soon after the tornado hit the Georgia Dome, let us hear from you.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Aug 9, 2012

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

It must have been really frightening for all of the people in the Georgia Dome, to suddenly hear the tornado overhead and to see the scoreboard swinging overhead. I'm not sure why they didn't give the people some warning, and the National Weather Bureau was tracking the storm heading in their direction. It may have been they didn't announce the warning because they were afraid of panic. I just know if I were there I would want to be warned. Later this evening they showed scenes from downtown Atlanta. It was a powerful storm that hit Atlanta. I haven't heard, yet, but hopefully there weren't any fatalaties.
Greg

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

That was bad

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••