Newcomer Milicic makes a good first i...

Newcomer Milicic makes a good first impression on Timberwolves

There are 4 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 20, 2010, titled Newcomer Milicic makes a good first impression on Timberwolves. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

There was a common perception among Timberwolves coaches and players about Darko Milicic after his first full day of practice with the team: The guy can actually play.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

clueless

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Feb 21, 2010
should have picked up hinrich and salmons for expiring contracts.

salmons is a good player and hirich could tie the wolves over until rubio arrives.

bulls were dumping.

wolves could have gotten better.
The Hard Truth

Northome, MN

#2 Feb 21, 2010
I keep getting this sense around the edges that Mr. Rambis is not a very nice man. Now, "nice" is not a crucial characteristic for a coach, but it sure helps when a team is struggling. The interview with Bill Laimbeer that Sansavere did a week or so ago made it abundantly clear that the guy is still a jerk. So, where do the players turn when they question the direction the franchise is going? The coaches don't support them; the owner seems like a bit of a weenie in that he doesn't stand up against this staff, which is his prerogative. To my mind, the only straight shooter in this bunch is Kahn. He tells it like it is. I am waiting for the day when Rambis says, "I've got a lot to learn about this coaching thing." But don't hold your breath. Here's what you should do, however: remember that Phil Jackson, when asked about Rambis as a coach, gave the most tepid, least supportive answer I have ever heard. Look it up. It speaks volumes. And those volumes are being played out. It appears like you made a bad hire, Mr. Kahn, just like it appears that you made a bad draft choice in Mr. Flynn. Neither of those choices is a sure-fire bust yet, but neither inspires confidence when measured against their peers.
Gene Murphy

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Feb 21, 2010
clueless wrote:
should have picked up hinrich and salmons for expiring contracts.
salmons is a good player and hirich could tie the wolves over until rubio arrives.
bulls were dumping.
wolves could have gotten better.
For Brian Cardinal?
sfallsfan

Sioux Falls, SD

#4 Feb 21, 2010
i really hope that new center we have Darko Milicic will decide to stay with the wolves for at least next season to prove himself. two months isnt enough time to prove yourself. but if he really gets mad when he doesnt score, we definitly need that. the team now acts like it doesnt give a darn sometimes if it doesnt score or win. we need someone with fire in them. so rambis do ur best dr phil and convince him we want him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Wizards Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Breaks fall Cavs' way (Apr '07) Jul '16 Browns Fan 33
News Kings Mystified By Wizards, 113-99 (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 3
News Bismack Biyombo ties weird Raptors record in ex... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 2
News Trade with the Houston Rockets (Nov '15) Nov '15 Sam Testicle 2
News Wizards show promise (May '15) May '15 tom wingo 2
News Here's Why You Should Get A Massage Today (Sep '14) Sep '14 zelda 1
News Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Go go d 1
More from around the web