Wizards' John Wall has a bit of Marbury in him, Flip Saunders says

Full story: TwinCities.com

Fifteen years ago, Flip Saunders was coaching the Timberwolves, and he had a dynamic rookie point guard named Stephon Marbury.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jan 14, 2011
fracas

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Marbury was given every chance here. Flip used to draw up the end of game plays to let Marbury, not KG, take the shot. I think Marbury left because he wanted to be the "face of the team", or "the man", and he knew it was never going to happen with KG here. I think KG's selfishness, and ego, probably made Marbury decide to leave as well. It also drove Gugliatta away.

I don't feel sorry for Marbury, alias "Starbury". He had an unimpressive career with virtually no team success. I feel sorry for us, and KG, because had Marbury stayed here, and played the Scottie Pippen role to KG's Jordan role, this team could have won championships. Marbury could have been a Hall of Famer. Now he will just be remembered as just another prima donna.
c-man

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

What does that mean ?? That Wall is a selfish, back-stabbing, cry-baby, who will throw away his career like Marbury did ? I remember when his huge ego said he couldn'd be on the same team as Garnett. He got what he deserved, an unremarkable career.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••