Ilgauskas Bought Out, Becomes Free Agent

There are 53 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Feb 25, 2010, titled Ilgauskas Bought Out, Becomes Free Agent. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

Tell us what you think about the Cavaliers trade to acquire Antawn Jamison. Every Cavs fan loves Z, but you have to think about what will get us that championship trophy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Come on Z

Chesterland, OH

#1 Feb 25, 2010
I hope Z comes back..
If he doesn't and the Cavs win the championship, they better make and have a ring for him.. He did contribute to the team and didn't let greed get the best of him when his contract was up and he could have gone to another team.. But no, he believed in the Cavs and stuck it out through the good and bad..
Jenny

Canton, OH

#2 Feb 25, 2010
We need Z back. It is not the same without him. He is a cavalier, more than Shaq or Jaminson.
Prime

Maple Heights, OH

#3 Feb 25, 2010
We need Z back for the sentimental reasons mentioned above and more importantly...we need a second another center. Varejao is playing out of position causing his production to suffer (along with the team's chemistry) since the trade.

We'll see what happen in 30 days.

“We Have A Lot Of Work To Do”

Since: Feb 10

Brecksville

#4 Feb 25, 2010
Yes! Come back to Cleveland! If Z does not come back, I say that the Cavs will not win the title this year. He is such a big piece of this team its not even funny. As payment for basically sending him off so we can get Jamison, the Cavs should give him a contract that will let him end his career as a Cavalier once he comes back. Let's reward the big guy for all his loyalty. Z is a class act and always has been. I wish even 10% of the players in the NBA acted like Z. The Cavs were lucky to have him, and we'll be lucky to get him back.
Prime

Maple Heights, OH

#5 Feb 25, 2010
Concerned Clevelander wrote:
Yes! Come back to Cleveland! If Z does not come back, I say that the Cavs will not win the title this year. He is such a big piece of this team its not even funny. As payment for basically sending him off so we can get Jamison, the Cavs should give him a contract that will let him end his career as a Cavalier once he comes back. Let's reward the big guy for all his loyalty. Z is a class act and always has been. I wish even 10% of the players in the NBA acted like Z. The Cavs were lucky to have him, and we'll be lucky to get him back.
I agree 100%
Hank

Canton, OH

#6 Feb 25, 2010
13 in a row, best record in the league, and then the trade. Did the Cavs need to steal a little more spotlight with the Indians gearing up? Since when do you fix things that aren't broke? Sounds like this team is being run by the government.
some one

Ava, MO

#7 Feb 25, 2010
My thoughts are the NBA needs to fix this problem when a team trades any player they should not be allowed to go back to the same team 30 days later .This is the stupidest rule in any sports. And as far as the Cavilers they will not win a RING this year and lebron will leave and go to the NICKS because itís all about the money to him. If itís not why hasnít he already resigned?

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#8 Feb 26, 2010
None of the upcoming 2010 free agents have resigned. Why are you singling out LeBron? Hater? And where will you be IF Cavs would happen to win the ring this year, Mr. Some one in Cabool, MO?

I think as an unrestricted free agent, Z should be able to choose and negotiate with any of the many teams that are interested in him. And that includes the Cavs.

Brecksville

#9 Feb 26, 2010
some one wrote:
My thoughts are the NBA needs to fix this problem when a team trades any player they should not be allowed to go back to the same team 30 days later .This is the stupidest rule in any sports. And as far as the Cavilers they will not win a RING this year and lebron will leave and go to the NICKS because itís all about the money to him. If itís not why hasnít he already resigned?
If you were in his shoes, you would have no benefit to resigning now. By waiting until the free agency period you can scare your team and force them to possibly give you more money than they would have offered before, or at least give you better something. There's no guarantee he's going anywhere. Before he stopped talking about it, when they asked him where he would go he said he wants to play for a team that shows it can win and then does. The Knicks have never shown they can win, and unlike the Cavs, they don't know how to go out and get the right players in order to win. The Cavs have shown time and time again that they will go out to get help for LeBron. In New York, it would be LeBron and maybe one other person doing everything on offense and defense. He wants to be the best player ever and win lots of rings. The city with the owner that has shown he will spend the $$ to do that is Cleveland.

Brecksville

#10 Feb 26, 2010
Bewitched wrote:
None of the upcoming 2010 free agents have resigned. Why are you singling out LeBron? Hater? And where will you be IF Cavs would happen to win the ring this year, Mr. Some one in Cabool, MO?
I think as an unrestricted free agent, Z should be able to choose and negotiate with any of the many teams that are interested in him. And that includes the Cavs.
I agree with you. Other teams have used this loophole before. The Pistons used it and the Celtics have used it. Doc Rivers loved the rule when it worked to his advantage, but now that it doesn't he changed his mind and doesn't like it anymore. If you have enough of a relationship with a player that you can trade them and then have them come back after 30 days, well then wow. That's impressive. Or if your team is so good that they want to come back, wow again.

Akron, Ohio

#11 Feb 26, 2010
Yes, Stackhouse and McDyess come to mind.

Ferry and Gilbert have shown Bron exactly what he has asked for a team to do.
I have never doubted that he will stay here, ever.

These 2010 free agents coming up have top notch agents to bargain for arguably one of the best classes (2003) of talent we've seen for awhile. They would never consider a signing at this point in time.

Brecksville

#12 Feb 26, 2010
Bewitched wrote:
Yes, Stackhouse and McDyess come to mind.
Ferry and Gilbert have shown Bron exactly what he has asked for a team to do.
I have never doubted that he will stay here, ever.
These 2010 free agents coming up have top notch agents to bargain for arguably one of the best classes (2003) of talent we've seen for awhile. They would never consider a signing at this point in time.
Well said.
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#13 Feb 28, 2010
Big Z is coming back march 21st,so now that void that Shaq left can be filled.

Brecksville

#14 Mar 1, 2010
Tiffany wrote:
Big Z is coming back march 21st,so now that void that Shaq left can be filled.
Z wants a title. The only other team with a good chance that is looking at Z would be Denver. But Z knows that Denver doesn't have LeBron, so he will be coming back.

The thing that no one remembers is this. LeBron is a huge fan of Z, so this trade would have never happened unless LeBron gave his support for it. That means LeBron wouldn't have supported the trade unless his buddy Z also was in agreement. Z will be back.

The Cavs should reward him for going through all of this and sign him for the rest of his career.

Akron, Ohio

#15 Mar 1, 2010
Z is the only player that was on the team when Bron arrived that is still with them. You could say Z mentored Bron.(as Bron is with J J this year)
They both have high regard for each other.

True that. Bron has say so in more than we know. Just look at all the roster changes this year. And then look at how well they play now.

Leon, Andy and J J have to step up now while Shaq is out.......... and it shouldn't be a problem at all.
Prime

Maple Heights, OH

#16 Mar 1, 2010
I wonder if they will continue to show the puppet commercials with LeBron and Z?

Brecksville

#17 Mar 1, 2010
Bewitched wrote:
Z is the only player that was on the team when Bron arrived that is still with them. You could say Z mentored Bron.(as Bron is with J J this year)
They both have high regard for each other.
True that. Bron has say so in more than we know. Just look at all the roster changes this year. And then look at how well they play now.
Leon, Andy and J J have to step up now while Shaq is out.......... and it shouldn't be a problem at all.
I'm not worried at all.
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#18 Mar 1, 2010
<quoted text>
Z wants a title. The only other team with a good chance that is looking at Z would be Denver. But Z knows that Denver doesn't have LeBron, so he will be coming back.
The thing that no one remembers is this. LeBron is a huge fan of Z, so this trade would have never happened unless LeBron gave his support for it. That means LeBron wouldn't have supported the trade unless his buddy Z also was in agreement. Z will be back.
The Cavs should reward him for going through all of this and sign him for the rest of his career.
Ok,i understand every word your saying,but just because the nuggets dont have Lebron,does'nt mean they cant win a title,the heat won in 06,they did'nt have Lebron,The spurs won in 07,but they did'nt have Lebron.the celtics won in 08,and again,they did'nt have Lebron,Now the lakers is a different story,they had Kobe,and Kobe had rings before winning one last year.Now i can see if you would've said somthing like a team dont have Kobe,but Lebron?Dude is good and all but just not good enough to win a ring.If Z wants a ring,he can either go to the celtics,or lakers.

Brecksville

#19 Mar 2, 2010
Tiffany wrote:
<quoted text>Ok,i understand every word your saying,but just because the nuggets dont have Lebron,does'nt mean they cant win a title,the heat won in 06,they did'nt have Lebron,The spurs won in 07,but they did'nt have Lebron.the celtics won in 08,and again,they did'nt have Lebron,Now the lakers is a different story,they had Kobe,and Kobe had rings before winning one last year.Now i can see if you would've said somthing like a team dont have Kobe,but Lebron?Dude is good and all but just not good enough to win a ring.If Z wants a ring,he can either go to the celtics,or lakers.
If you were up to date on rumors and such you'd see that the Lakers and Celtics both are not currently pursuing Ilgauskas. So why would Z want to go to a team that doesn't want him and would not sign him?

LeBron is better than Kobe. Kobe won all of his rings with this guy called Shaq, which is the same thing the heat did in 06. The only ring Kobe didn't win with Shaq was last year, but the Magic finally cooled off and stopped hitting ridiculous numbers of three pointers each game. If the Cavs from last year played the Lakers, the Cavs would have won in 6. And the Spurs in 07? Look who was on each roster and you can see LeBron was working with almost nothing whereas Duncan had stars all around him. The Celtics in 08 also had a bunch of stars. If the Cavs didn't waste time signing Hughes the Cavs would have at least two titles by now. I can't wait to win one this year.
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#20 Mar 2, 2010
<quoted text>
If you were up to date on rumors and such you'd see that the Lakers and Celtics both are not currently pursuing Ilgauskas. So why would Z want to go to a team that doesn't want him and would not sign him?
LeBron is better than Kobe. Kobe won all of his rings with this guy called Shaq, which is the same thing the heat did in 06. The only ring Kobe didn't win with Shaq was last year, but the Magic finally cooled off and stopped hitting ridiculous numbers of three pointers each game. If the Cavs from last year played the Lakers, the Cavs would have won in 6. And the Spurs in 07? Look who was on each roster and you can see LeBron was working with almost nothing whereas Duncan had stars all around him. The Celtics in 08 also had a bunch of stars. If the Cavs didn't waste time signing Hughes the Cavs would have at least two titles by now. I can't wait to win one this year.
Well you said it yourself,Z wants to win a ring,and staying on the same that has'nt won one aint gonna get him no where,i will admit that they've been close before,but always falling short.If he really wants to win,he would go to a team that has an even greater chance at winning the title.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Wizards Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wizards show promise May 16 tom wingo 2
News Here's Why You Should Get A Massage Today (Sep '14) Sep '14 zelda 1
News Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Go go d 1
News Wizards jump on Pacers early (May '14) May '14 Andrew 9
News NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington (May '14) May '14 youchinksareuglyi... 1
News Lillard leads Blazers to 124-112 win over Lakers (Apr '14) Apr '14 lary dumie 1
News NBA Extra: Is Dwyane Wade the world's best? (Nov '08) Mar '14 Sam 15,620
More from around the web