Parkers Farm expands product recall

Full story: TwinCities.com 8
A Minnesota food company is expanding its voluntary nationwide recall. The Minnesota Department of Agriculture says Parkers Farm took that action after the department determined that all products made at the company's Coon Rapids plant may have been contaminated with the Listeria monocytogenes bacteria. Full Story
Incomplete Article

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jan 15, 2010
Hey, AP reporter: you are supposed to inform, not scare.

"The recall now includes all products produced under the Parkers Farm label, as well as a number of products marketed under other labels and produced at the Coon Rapids plant. "

So what are the names of the other labels addition to Parker Farms produced at the Coon Rapids plant that are part of the recall??? Without that you are just unnecessarily alarming people.
Anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jan 15, 2010
As a pregnant women whose fetus could be in grave danger if I contract listeriosis, I found this article to be entirely unhelpful. How frustrating to read that "a number of other products" were voluntarily recalled without being told what those products were so I can check my kitchen for them. This information is available elsewhere on the internet. The author should've researched this article more thoroughly in order to provide information to the public that is actually helpful. At the very least, the author could've provided a link to the FDA's website which lists in detail all of the recalled products.
Tchotchke

Savage, MN

#3 Jan 15, 2010
When I hear about recalls like this, and others lately that had to do with beef being recalled, I just cringe. The food we eat these days is already so atrocious, with all the chemicals, antibiotics, and hormones that are slowly killing us as a population... I am grateful that we as Minnesotans have so many opportunities to purchase food directly from our local farmers... support them! I use Kalisch Farms and get my meats, raw milk, eggs, produce delivered to me in the metro area. I am sure there are others that also deliver... you just have to search them out. And we know we are getting high quality food.
ICEManCometh

District Heights, MD

#4 Jan 15, 2010
Probably an illegal alien worker not washing after using the little boy's room....just like the bad lettuce, spinach, and jalapeno scares in the last couple of years.
Sarah D

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jan 15, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
As a pregnant women whose fetus could be in grave danger if I contract listeriosis, I found this article to be entirely unhelpful. How frustrating to read that "a number of other products" were voluntarily recalled without being told what those products were so I can check my kitchen for them. This information is available elsewhere on the internet. The author should've researched this article more thoroughly in order to provide information to the public that is actually helpful. At the very least, the author could've provided a link to the FDA's website which lists in detail all of the recalled products.
Here is a list of products recalled:

http://www.mda.state.mn.us/~/media/Files/news...
Cardboard No Tasty Yes

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Jan 15, 2010
Tchotchke wrote:
When I hear about recalls like this, and others lately that had to do with beef being recalled, I just cringe. The food we eat these days is already so atrocious, with all the chemicals, antibiotics, and hormones that are slowly killing us as a population... I am grateful that we as Minnesotans have so many opportunities to purchase food directly from our local farmers... support them! I use Kalisch Farms and get my meats, raw milk, eggs, produce delivered to me in the metro area. I am sure there are others that also deliver... you just have to search them out. And we know we are getting high quality food.
1. Parker Farms is local: Coon Rapids, MN.

2. Even if processed, handled or sold locally, some foods and ingredients just are not available or grown locally: coffee, bananas, peanuts, pineapple, spices and flavors, etc.

3. Local or distant, as well as the use of " chemicals, antibiotics, and hormones" don't don't directly relate to poor personal and facility hygiene and sanitation practices.

4. "chemicals, antibiotics, and hormones" have probably actually, perhaps slowly, improved mortality
Liz

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Jan 17, 2010
My son received a message from Costco about the recall and when I called back the costumer service rep said it was not a big deal, just to return it. I am the only one in a household of 6 that has eaten the peanut-butter and I am the only one that has been sick. I looked up info about Listeria contamination and it sounds like a big deal to me. Especially when I have been feeling awful lately with headaches, stiff neck and shoulders and stomach issues. I will see a doctor tomorrow.
Suffern NY resident

Bronx, NY

#8 Feb 23, 2010
Shoprite on Rte 59, called me on Jan 17th to let me know that I had purchased Parker Farms Port Wine cheese in their storein December and it was recalled as it contianed listeria bacteria ,after I had eaten the whole container....Will I die or what??? It is pretty scary if you look on the internet at the symptoms.I am in the high risk category for fatal ouatcome, being diabetic and over 70....What can I do to about my daily anxiety, I have back pain and weird feeligns in my stomach area ongoing since I ate this cheese?I have consulted with a physician and only time will tell... I live in fear since symptoms can take up to 90 days to appear. This bacteria can kill me...in the interim I live with fear of dying daily.
Audrey Silverman
Suffern NY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Wizards Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Here's Why You Should Get A Massage Today 8 hr zelda 1
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul '14 Go go d 1
Wizards jump on Pacers early May '14 Andrew 9
NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington May '14 youchinksareuglyi... 1
Lillard leads Blazers to 124-112 win over Lakers (Apr '14) Apr '14 lary dumie 1
NBA Extra: Is Dwyane Wade the world's best? (Nov '08) Mar '14 Sam 15,622
(NBA) Raptors' Ross to defend Slam Dunk title (Feb '14) Feb '14 love deep 2

Washington Wizards People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE