Bob Sansevere: If green is the goal, Tubby Smith is gone

Full story: TwinCities.com

Itemizing a few things ... Item: There's a report that Auburn is close to hiring Tubby Smith and that Oregon also is interested in him.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
TheMaster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2010

The Pohlads are trying to figure out a way to demonize Mauer so they can rationalize to their fan base why they won't sign him especially in light of having a new stadium built that was done so they could sign players. The Pohlads are a blight on this city.
sotakid

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2010

that person that wrote in and said to stop writting about minnesota athletes after they pick another school is spot on. i stop reading about them when they arent gophers
Brad Lewis

Herculaneum, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2010

Ditto on the Seantral Henderson e-mail excerpt. As an alumni ofthe U I don't give a damn about an athlete that has turned their back on their Universtiy. Let's talk about those that have decided to give back to the state of Minnesota and help put our program back on the map.
cleanhouseguy

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2010

put a package of maturi, brewster and tubby in a toyota and send them
in any direction. your idea of saunders in right on.why would any quality player want to play in a boring offense for 10 minutes at a
time? tubby is trying to extort more money for himself, let him take
his tired act somewhere else.
TubbyFan

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2010

Green isn't his goal. I suspect he wants to prove to Kentucky fans that he can win with his own recruits. The knock on him at Kentucky was that he won with Pitino's recruits.

Otherwise, he will want to go to an established program that can attract 5-star and McDonald All-American athletes. Those don't come up very often and the competition for them is fierce.

He did very well coaching this year given the distractions, his effective loss of three Division 1 scholarships for the Big Ten season and the loss of the starting point guard.

The press should just back off a bit. Let the man coach.
Twinsfan

Willmar, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

In watching teams like No. Iowa and Cornell this weekend I couldn't help but notice one big difference between teams like that and our beloved Gophers. They have kids that can actually make shots...and do it well. Tubby is a good coach, but I'm disgusted with our acceptance of mediocrity...great tourney run to get in the Big Dance, but a disappointing season put them in that tough spot to begin with. Samson III is probably his biggest recruit...not good. And the guys he's brought in can't shoot the ball. Their two best scorers (Hoffarber and Westbrook) were already here! I think it's time the Gophers go for a younger coach, an up-and-comer. If a Brad Stevens can recruit players to the A-10 at Xavier, why can't Tubby get players to MN in the Big 10? Let's face it. UNI outplayed and beat Kansas...anyone believe the Gophers could have done that? If they play 10 times, KU wins all 10. Other coaches have to be questioning recruits on how long they think Tubby will stay at MN and that hurts recruiting.
Twinsfan

Willmar, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

TheMaster wrote:
The Pohlads are trying to figure out a way to demonize Mauer so they can rationalize to their fan base why they won't sign him especially in light of having a new stadium built that was done so they could sign players. The Pohlads are a blight on this city.
First, if not for Carl Polhad, the Twins would've left 25 years ago. Second, 8 years,$184 million. Now, shut up. Too bad people don't have to answer for their stupid comments.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••