Ex-Miner to work out with Wizards in June

Full story: El Paso Times 26
Randy Culpepper, UTEP's second all-time leading scorer, will work out for the Washington Wizards on June 1 - the first of seven such workouts leading up to the NBA Draft. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Run the Point

El Paso, TX

#1 May 25, 2011
If you're reading, go get'em, Randy!!! Miner Nation wants to see your continued success!
Bubba

El Paso, TX

#2 May 25, 2011
Go Rsndy..Believe it or not i am a Wizards fan. Of course everyone should believe me because who would admit that?
RocketScientist

Brimfield, IL

#3 May 25, 2011
If anyone can do it its Randy... He would have been a much better pick for the lakers over caracter....
ohmygosh

El Paso, TX

#4 May 25, 2011
RocketScientist wrote:
If anyone can do it its Randy... He would have been a much better pick for the lakers over caracter....
what happened to caracter anyways, i know he got temporarily cut from the Lakers, then they got him back, then he got into legal troubles.. is he still in the NBA? Does anyone know?
Johnny

Monterey Park, CA

#5 May 25, 2011
Go Randy!! Make us proud! Good luck to Julyan too!
So What

United States

#6 May 25, 2011
Europe will be as good as it gets for you, Pep.
eastsider

El Paso, TX

#7 May 25, 2011
good luck Randy
Virginia Senator

Ranson, WV

#8 May 25, 2011
As someone who lives in the Washington DC area, I know that the Wizards have long discussed "cleaning house" because of poor attitudes and effort from certain players. I've heard other than John Wall and Javal Mcghee everyone on their roster is expendable. Because of this, I believe Randy can at least be given a shot to make the team or least their NBA D league team and then hopefully be called up.
chuco

El Paso, TX

#9 May 25, 2011
Great job RC!!!Hard work definitely pays off!!!

El Paso is behind you all the way.
san anto

San Antonio, TX

#10 May 25, 2011
go miners!
Miner Fanatic

Las Cruces, NM

#11 May 25, 2011
Go Randy, El Paso, UTEP and the State of Texas are 100 percent behind you. You're the one who led UTEP to the CUSA Conference Championship and the victory over UNM in the first round of the NIT in Albuquerque. I knew you'd be drafted high in the NBA draft. Make us proud!
Miner4Life

El Paso, TX

#12 May 26, 2011
Miner Fanatic wrote:
Go Randy, El Paso, UTEP and the State of Texas are 100 percent behind you. You're the one who led UTEP to the CUSA Conference Championship and the victory over UNM in the first round of the NIT in Albuquerque. I knew you'd be drafted high in the NBA draft. Make us proud!
Haha I don't know what game you were watching, but UTEP lost the game against UNM in the NIT. Lol with that being said, go get em Peppa!!!!!!!!!!
sexyBirdie

El Paso, TX

#13 May 26, 2011
What a loser, and the worst of the whole bunch. There's prettier.
Bill

Vista, CA

#14 May 26, 2011
Keep working hard and make your dream come true, NBA.
Bobby C

El Paso, TX

#16 May 26, 2011
Go Get Em Randy!! Im not gonna lie I would Love to See you in a Wizards Uniform but No matter where you go I know you will be Great and represent UTEP like you have done since you started attending the University. Keep Up The Good Work and Nothing but Best Wishes for you in the Future!!
garcia

El Paso, TX

#17 May 26, 2011
Randy should go to Monterrey with Gordo Castillo of NMSU.

he would earn 3k a month plus all the panoch the brotha can get!
rahjay

El Paso, TX

#18 May 26, 2011
i didn't know that that is cool!!!!!!!!!!
You know what

El Paso, TX

#19 May 26, 2011
'So What' is such a do_uche
pharoe

Oxnard, CA

#20 May 26, 2011
i saw carater in a few games with the lakers and he seemed lost. he was never cut he was sent to the "d" league to get playing time. then he got in trouble in new orleans, and i think he's pretty much in limbo now.
OJOS AZULES

United States

#21 May 26, 2011
If Caracter had stayed in school, UTEP would have won C-USA, won the tourney and possibly made some noise in the NCAA tourney. He would have a higher draft stock, more playing time, more education, and more money now. Because he was so eager to make 500k he made the wrong decision and is facing the consequences. UTEP would have benefited financially and recruiting wise if he had stayed. It is all about greed and cockiness with some of these kids and they get blinded from reality. I hope things work out for Caracter but I just don't see it working. He made the mistake of taking his body and skills for granted.

RC3 has now finished school, is one of the greatest and most exciting players in UTEP and C-USA history, and has a better shot at making a team and actually contributing. If it doesn't work out he has something to fall back on and will always be welcome in El Paso.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Wizards Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Here's Why You Should Get A Massage Today Sep '14 zelda 1
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul '14 Go go d 1
Wizards jump on Pacers early (May '14) May '14 Andrew 9
NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington (May '14) May '14 youchinksareuglyi... 1
Lillard leads Blazers to 124-112 win over Lakers (Apr '14) Apr '14 lary dumie 1
NBA Extra: Is Dwyane Wade the world's best? (Nov '08) Mar '14 Sam 15,622
(NBA) Raptors' Ross to defend Slam Dunk title (Feb '14) Feb '14 love deep 2
More from around the web